Dilemma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2016, 11:21 PM
Dilemma
From an atheist perspective, how can we understand the society classes i.e rich and poor??

True Dilemma
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2016, 11:24 PM
RE: Dilemma
Welcome to TTA.

Simple answer: The same way as we would understand it from a Deistic perspective.

Thumbsup

01-08-2016, 11:29 PM
(01-08-2016 11:21 PM)omarsabbagh Wrote:  From an atheist perspective, how can we understand the society classes i.e rich and poor??

True Dilemma

Sometimes people get really good educations so they get good jobs and make a lot of money. These people have a good shot at being rich. Others may slack off in school and get a job bagging groceries. These people are more likely to be poor.

Some people are morons and can't get a well paying job, but they have a trust fund or they win the lottery so they still manage to be rich.

.... what was the point of this question again? I'm confused. What does this have to do with atheism?
[+] 6 users Like Aliza's post
01-08-2016, 11:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2016 11:45 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
Other than examining organized religion historically as a vessel for state power and codification of the ruling class's will, which has been one of the primary, if not the primary purpose of organized religion, I would say there isn't really much use to categorizing modern class status and social hierarchies through the lens of religion as an atheist, at least not in Western societies. Western societies have spent the last couple of centuries disentangling religion's involvement in civil engagement and the subject's relation to the state, so there's no conclusion an atheist could come to that a theist couldn't deduce as well. On the other hand, countries such as India still prominently structure their society along religious lines.

Overall, Marxism as a whole is a more useful tool in formalizing modern class structures, or whatever other sociological school you wish to set your lot with. Religion has historically played a pivotal role in defining social class structures, but has generally been an instrument of the state rather than the genesis of the state and its resultant caste hierarchies.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
01-08-2016, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I just want to point out that someone comes here and asks a forum full of atheists about being rich and poor, and three Jews come out of the wood works to be the the first to respond. Smartass
[+] 7 users Like Aliza's post
01-08-2016, 11:44 PM
(01-08-2016 11:40 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah, I just want to point out that someone comes here and asks a forum full of atheists about being rich and poor, and three Jews come out of the wood works to be the the first to respond. Smartass

Technically two of us are JINO's (Jews In Name Only). Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
01-08-2016, 11:45 PM
(01-08-2016 11:44 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 11:40 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah, I just want to point out that someone comes here and asks a forum full of atheists about being rich and poor, and three Jews come out of the wood works to be the the first to respond. Smartass

Technically two of us are JINO's (Jews In Name Only). Tongue

Pull your pants up, Tarts. They're hanging off your ass again. Laughat
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
02-08-2016, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2016 12:11 AM by Szuchow.)
(01-08-2016 11:21 PM)omarsabbagh Wrote:  From an atheist perspective, how can we understand the society classes i.e rich and poor??

No, atheists can't understand why there are rich and poor. God is needed for that.

And one of these Jews even talked about Marx. Coincidence? I think not.

Laugh out load

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 7 users Like Szuchow's post
02-08-2016, 02:39 AM
(02-08-2016 12:08 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  

No, atheists can't understand why there are rich and poor. God is needed for that.

And one of these Jews even talked about Marx. Coincidence? I think not.

Laugh out load

Exactly "Szuchow" !!!
Much appreciated your opinion, thats what i wanted to say and still there is some like Aliza, who dont realize what i meant. Though I'am MINO in ur language lol.

Dilemma again and again:

If someone is born poor and cant get along to be rich, no way he can be atheist or think like us for he needs to believe more happy life is waiting after this poor one.
Religion suits him.

I'am poor and this is the only life we would have. there is no second one. OMGGGG That is miserable.
02-08-2016, 02:49 AM
Well, it's about do you prefer a happy lie or a sad truth? Once you think that the happy lie is a lie, how will you still believe it? If you realise that religion is a lie told to you to keep you happy with being poor and having the promise that when you die you will have a better life, how will you manage to convince yourself that it is true, once you question it?

Now you are poor and sad, and you don't even have the hope of a better life after death!!! Gasp

Personally I prefer to know the truth. I don't need a lie to live my life.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post