Dilemma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2016, 02:50 AM
RE: Dilemma
(02-08-2016 02:39 AM)omarsabbagh Wrote:  Exactly "Szuchow" !!!
Much appreciated your opinion, thats what i wanted to say and still there is some like Aliza, who dont realize what i meant.

I don't know if you realize but I weren't serious. What I wrote was meant as a joke.

(02-08-2016 02:39 AM)omarsabbagh Wrote:  Though I'am MINO in ur language lol.

MINO? Also English isn't my first language.

(02-08-2016 02:39 AM)omarsabbagh Wrote:  If someone is born poor and cant get along to be rich, no way he can be atheist or think like us for he needs to believe more happy life is waiting after this poor one.

No. I'm not wealthy yet I'm atheist. Also while there seems to be a correlation between wealth or more generally social status and religiosity* it does not mean that poor can not be atheist.

*R. Boguszewski, Wiara i religijność Polaków dwadzieścia lat po rozpoczęciu przemian ustrojowych [Faith and religiosity of Poles 20 years after transformation].

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
02-08-2016, 04:32 AM
I'm going to be rude and say the OP's question is really fucking stupid.

It makes as much sense as asking how can an airline pilot enjoy baseball. True dilemma. How can a Democrat identify a grasshopper? True dilemma. How can a midget eat a banana? True dilemma.

No. It's not a true dilemma. There's obviously no relationship at all between the things.
[+] 5 users Like I'mFred's post
02-08-2016, 05:14 AM
(02-08-2016 02:50 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  MINO? Also English isn't my first language.

I think the poster meant Marxist In Name Only.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
02-08-2016, 05:21 AM
(02-08-2016 02:39 AM)omarsabbagh Wrote:  If someone is born poor and cant get along to be rich, no way he can be atheist or think like us for he needs to believe more happy life is waiting after this poor one.
Religion suits him.

And that false hope keeps that person chained in poverty. It encourages them to accept their circumstances rather than seeking to change their life.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
02-08-2016, 07:43 AM
I'm curious to know why the OP thinks it's a "dilemma" for atheists at all.

Is there some kind of religious explanation? God "wants" most people to be poor while an elite class (of primarily inherited wealth) dictates most of our lives, maybe?

I can't think of any way you can frame the "rich or poor" question in religious terms, except in the ways already pointed out, in which religion aids the rich by keeping them from being eaten by the poor, as Napoleon put it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
02-08-2016, 07:48 AM
(02-08-2016 12:08 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 11:21 PM)omarsabbagh Wrote:  From an atheist perspective, how can we understand the society classes i.e rich and poor??

No, atheists can't understand why there are rich and poor. God is needed for that.

(01-08-2016 11:40 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah, I just want to point out that someone comes here and asks a forum full of atheists about being rich and poor, and three Jews come out of the wood works to be the the first to respond. Smartass

And one of these Jews even talked about Marx. Coincidence? I think not.

Laugh out load

I know, I know. Facepalm

I'm working on that one. Little by little I'm making progress, but there is still work to be done. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
02-08-2016, 07:53 AM
(02-08-2016 07:48 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I'm working on that one. Little by little I'm making progress, but there is still work to be done. Tongue

You're working on what exactly? Apart from world domination I mean.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
02-08-2016, 07:59 AM
(02-08-2016 02:39 AM)omarsabbagh Wrote:  
(02-08-2016 12:08 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  No, atheists can't understand why there are rich and poor. God is needed for that.

And one of these Jews even talked about Marx. Coincidence? I think not.

Laugh out load

Exactly "Szuchow" !!!
Much appreciated your opinion, thats what i wanted to say and still there is some like Aliza, who dont realize what i meant. Though I'am MINO in ur language lol.

Yeah, I've got news for you. I think there's a lot more than just me who don't understand what you're talking about either.

(02-08-2016 02:39 AM)omarsabbagh Wrote:  Dilemma again and again:

If someone is born poor and cant get along to be rich, no way he can be atheist or think like us for he needs to believe more happy life is waiting after this poor one.
Religion suits him.

I'am poor and this is the only life we would have. there is no second one. OMGGGG That is miserable.

Money and theism are not dependent on one another. If you're an atheist who is born poor, you can choose to work hard, make good choices and become financially set. If the person cannot figure out how to become rich (maybe because they're just not clever enough), then they can choose to blame their own poor choices rather than a deity.

Being poor does not mean a person must be a theist. Theism (or atheism) is a choice, made independently, for a variety of personal reasons.

Ask people on this forum if any of them are poor and also atheists.
02-08-2016, 08:01 AM
(02-08-2016 07:53 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(02-08-2016 07:48 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I'm working on that one. Little by little I'm making progress, but there is still work to be done. Tongue

You're working on what exactly? Apart from world domination I mean.

Working on Tartarus. I'm molding him into the perfect...

... Wait. I've already said too much.
02-08-2016, 08:12 AM
(02-08-2016 08:01 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(02-08-2016 07:53 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  You're working on what exactly? Apart from world domination I mean.

Working on Tartarus. I'm molding him into the perfect...

... Wait. I've already said too much.

I won't tell anyone, just don't send Mosad after me Tongue

Mikhail Bakunin.