Dillahunty in town

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2016, 02:45 PM
Dillahunty in town
Matt Dillahunty is going to be in my town on Sunday, at the same place where I had lunch with Dawkins. I'm going to listen to him speak and then there will be dinner at a local restaurant afterward.

Psyched.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like WillHopp's post
15-04-2016, 02:47 PM
RE: Dillahunty in town

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
15-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Awesome! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
15-04-2016, 06:28 PM
When he was here for our fist atheist convention I got to meet him, Seth was also there but I'd had dinner with Seth before a few times and babysat his video equipment while we packed up to go to dinner, Aron and Abby were also there presenting. I chauffeured Matt to dinner but got to sit next to Aron and his wife and across from Seth. Was a great night. They are a hoot, we rocked PF Chang's, that's for sure. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
17-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Just got back from Dillahunty's lecture and it was pretty damn good. He talked about one of my favorite subjects, hell and its origins. I got to ask him a question that he later thanked me for and we took a selfie together.

They were going out eat afterward and invited everyone but I just took off.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
17-04-2016, 01:38 PM
(15-04-2016 06:28 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  When he was here for our fist atheist convention I got to meet him, Seth was also there but I'd had dinner with Seth before a few times and babysat his video equipment while we packed up to go to dinner, Aron and Abby were also there presenting. I chauffeured Matt to dinner but got to sit next to Aron and his wife and across from Seth. Was a great night. They are a hoot, we rocked PF Chang's, that's for sure. Smile

I like him alot. He's probably my favorite well known atheists. He seems like he's very bright and he really knows his bible too.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
17-04-2016, 01:43 PM
I like Matt okay. I dont agree with some of his stances outside of the god talk but hes pretty good at the god talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
17-04-2016, 01:59 PM
(17-04-2016 01:43 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I like Matt okay. I dont agree with some of his stances outside of the god talk but hes pretty good at the god talk.

What are some of the stances he takes that you oppose?

----
17-04-2016, 02:04 PM
(17-04-2016 01:59 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(17-04-2016 01:43 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I like Matt okay. I dont agree with some of his stances outside of the god talk but hes pretty good at the god talk.

What are some of the stances he takes that you oppose?

Maybe it's the juggling while standing on one foot.
It's a very difficult stance Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
17-04-2016, 02:19 PM
(17-04-2016 01:28 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Just got back from Dillahunty's lecture and it was pretty damn good. He talked about one of my favorite subjects, hell and its origins. I got to ask him a question that he later thanked me for and we took a selfie together.

They were going out eat afterward and invited everyone but I just took off.

Cool, sounds like you enjoyed. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]