Dimaniac, THEISM is illogical

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 05:36 AM
Dimaniac, THEISM is illogical
I don't want to derail Brian's thread any further, so I figured I might as well make a new one.

Dimaniac, you keep saying atheism is illogical and then you start talking about beliefs some atheists have as opposed to atheism itself. Atheism is simply a lack in belief in any gods. Absent any evidence for the belief in gods, I submit that atheism is quite logical.

Do you have any non-presuppositional evidence for the existence of any gods? If so, please share it. Until then, I maintain that theism is illogical.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2014, 05:54 AM
RE: Dimaniac, THEISM is illogical
Maybe this should be moved to the Boxing Ring, considering how specific the challenge is...?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-10-2014, 06:41 AM
if he's saying atheism is illogical because atheists don't believe this or believes that then what reason do you have to not derail his thread ?
14-10-2014, 07:14 AM
(14-10-2014 06:41 AM)Ace Wrote:  if he's saying atheism is illogical because atheists don't believe this or believes that then what reason do you have to not derail his thread ?

Someone else's thread was getting derailed by this, too.
14-10-2014, 07:40 AM
There are always two wild assertions without evidence that most theists make:

1. There is A god.

2. The Christian god is that god.

So the burden of proof is on them to provide real evidence for both of these assertions. To make two wild, unsupported assertions with no evidence is illogical.
Please show physical evidence, not word games for assertion 1, then we can move to assertion 2.
Hint - You'll never get past assertion one, but I suppose you can join the other god Sysyphus in his task.

[Image: Sisyphus.png]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
14-10-2014, 07:55 AM
(14-10-2014 07:40 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  There are always two wild assertions without evidence that most theists make:

1. There is A god.

2. The Christian god is that god.

So the burden of proof is on them to provide real evidence for both of these assertions. To make two wild, unsupported assertions with no evidence is illogical.
Please show physical evidence, not word games for assertion 1, then we can move to assertion 2.
Hint - You'll never get past assertion one, but I suppose you can join the other god Sysyphus in his task.

[Image: Sisyphus.png]
Sysyphus wasn't a god....

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell