Dinner tonight ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2015, 11:51 PM
Dinner tonight ...
... is homemade nachos and a beer.

[Image: 16m98np.jpg]

Grilled pork, fresh jalapeños, diced roma tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro, stirred up in a little vegetable oil, lime juice, and hot sauce, scattered over tortilla chips and topped with sharp cheddar. Ten minutes at 400°F in the oven, and we're good to go.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-07-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: Dinner tonight ...
(10-07-2015 11:51 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  ... is homemade nachos and a beer.

[Image: 16m98np.jpg]

Grilled pork, fresh jalapeños, diced roma tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro, stirred up in a little vegetable oil, lime juice, and hot sauce, scattered over tortilla chips and topped with sharp cheddar. Ten minutes at 400°F in the oven, and we're good to go.

oh damn that looks good!

I had this after my 2 hour back and biceps workout....

home made shish kabobs on the grill, fresh corn on the cob, and berries for desert...oh and some um....merlot....

[Image: 10gn4gl.jpg]

[Image: qq21kh.jpg]

Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
12-07-2015, 03:02 AM
Gosh, that looks good -- what's the meat on the shish kebabs, is it lamb?
12-07-2015, 08:00 AM
(12-07-2015 03:02 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Gosh, that looks good -- what's the meat on the shish kebabs, is it lamb?

Angus beef, I am on a beef kick this week, I usually rarely eat it as it is so hard on your system digestive wise, but the wifey is gone for two weeks visiting family and I was like .......BEEF!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
12-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Dude, them are some honkin' chunks there.

Tonight, I'm gonna be making my old standby, homemade pizza. AFers here may have seen my pie thread over there, and it'll be along those lines. I'll make two pizzas, one a margherita (basil, spinach, tomatoes, and cheese for toppings), the other a more American take on it, with Italian sausage, bell pepper, mushroom, fresh garlic, red onion, zucchini, and cheese on top. And it will be a lot of cheese.

The great part is that I'll have leftovers for the next couple of days at work.

I'll get some pics up once the work is done.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
12-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Savory Chicken Squares

[Image: cc616b83-6eb8-403a-b512-8b57837b022d.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
12-07-2015, 08:48 PM
Looks great ... do tell?
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
12-07-2015, 10:52 PM
(12-07-2015 07:25 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Dude, them are some honkin' chunks there.

Tonight, I'm gonna be making my old standby, homemade pizza. AFers here may have seen my pie thread over there, and it'll be along those lines. I'll make two pizzas, one a margherita (basil, spinach, tomatoes, and cheese for toppings), the other a more American take on it, with Italian sausage, bell pepper, mushroom, fresh garlic, red onion, zucchini, and cheese on top. And it will be a lot of cheese.

The great part is that I'll have leftovers for the next couple of days at work.

I'll get some pics up once the work is done.

Before:

[Image: 124g800.jpg]

[Image: m8ldu0.jpg]

On the right, the margherita, on the left, the American-style

After:

[Image: 2q8sksz.jpg]

The margherita, on the right, came out a little overdone, obviously, probably because the dough on the wider dish was not so much of a heat-sink, being spread thin. It still tastes great. I sure wish a few of y'all and some other friends from other forums were here to enjoy this with some Fireman's #4.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
12-07-2015, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2015 11:33 PM by Banjo.)
(12-07-2015 10:52 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Before:

[Image: 124g800.jpg]

[Image: m8ldu0.jpg]

On the right, the margherita, on the left, the American-style

After:

[Image: 2q8sksz.jpg]

The margherita, on the right, came out a little overdone, obviously, probably because the dough on the wider dish was not so much of a heat-sink, being spread thin. It still tastes great. I sure wish a few of y'all and some other friends from other forums were here to enjoy this with some Fireman's #4.

Bloody hell I am getting hungry! Drooling

I'll probably just order in some Thai. Perhaps red curry duck with jasmine rice and some golden triangles for entree.....

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
12-07-2015, 11:34 PM
What's a golden triangle?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi