Dinosaur Adventure Land

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Dinosaur Adventure Land
Have you guys heard of this place. I'm not trying to poke fun at creationist but the videos below really made me laugh. It's just hard to believe that people really buy this stuff. Video 3 really made me laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JcClP2RhKE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWEAv_eqs...re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4PHd66OV...re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_9jpKlm6...re=related

Forgive me if this has been brought up before. I looked in past treads and didn't see anything about it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bigcatlover2000's post
26-12-2011, 10:56 PM
RE: Dinosaur Adventure Land
I know Hovind's in jail, but is this place still open? I wouldn't mind going to it one day if I drive down in the States; that and the Creationist Museum

"it is a principle innate and co-natural to every man to have an insatiable inclination to the truth, and to seek for it as for hid treasure..."
-Thomas Aikenhead
26-12-2011, 11:49 PM
(26-12-2011 10:56 PM)Mia Wrote:  I know Hovind's in jail, but is this place still open? I wouldn't mind going to it one day if I drive down in the States; that and the Creationist Museum

Nope, closed. I still loved the youtube ads, though. Those were good for a giggle.

Also, you may enjoy various bloggers' thoughts on the Creation Museum, expressed on Pharyngula. Because this pic from that site is so priceless, I have to post it here...

[Image: world2050.jpg]

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Starcrash's post
27-12-2011, 05:30 AM
What did you guys think of video #3. I find the creation story ,with dinosaurs living with Adam and Eve, to be quite funny. I like the part about sunflowers growing 100 ft tall, it's a good laugh.
27-12-2011, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2011 06:38 AM by Luminon.)
There is just too much wrong with "Dr." Kent Hovind and his religious flood over few facts of geology which he otherwise would never find out. Lots of things he says I've seen properly ridiculed on some Youtube channels. The rest is not even logical on its own. He never really adds anything new to the science, he just steals bits of science and then recites Bible most of the time. That's just idiotic. And boring, which is another big insult in my book. I've been exposed to Christian tales since all childhood and hearing them again and again gets worse and worse.

What worries me, is that I don't have ready answers for some of his claims. For example, these carved stones from Peru with dinosaurs and men. I've read about them in some cryptozoology books, that they're in some private collections. (and therefore not avaliable for proper analysis) Hovind's argument is, that they're covered with some patina that appears on rocks after a long time or something. I presume he didn't submit them for radiometric dating, this is what the private collections are good for, I suppose.

Edit: He's in jail? Good job, police!
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
27-12-2011, 08:18 AM
(27-12-2011 06:30 AM)Luminon Wrote:  There is just too much wrong with "Dr." Kent Hovind and his religious flood over few facts of geology which he otherwise would never find out. Lots of things he says I've seen properly ridiculed on some Youtube channels. The rest is not even logical on its own. He never really adds anything new to the science, he just steals bits of science and then recites Bible most of the time. That's just idiotic. And boring, which is another big insult in my book. I've been exposed to Christian tales since all childhood and hearing them again and again gets worse and worse.

What worries me, is that I don't have ready answers for some of his claims. For example, these carved stones from Peru with dinosaurs and men. I've read about them in some cryptozoology books, that they're in some private collections. (and therefore not avaliable for proper analysis) Hovind's argument is, that they're covered with some patina that appears on rocks after a long time or something. I presume he didn't submit them for radiometric dating, this is what the private collections are good for, I suppose.

Edit: He's in jail? Good job, police!

Quote:He (Javier Cabrera) first came upon the infamous stones when he was given one for his birthday in the early 1960s. The beautiful stone interested him and he was able to buy more from a farmer in the region. The farmer brought Cabrera more and more stones but would not reveal how he was making them, eventually leading Cabrera to become convinced of the authenticity of the stones.
The farmer wouldn't tell him, so they must be real. That's typical of pseudo-scientific and conspiracy 'reasoning'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-12-2011, 08:32 AM
(27-12-2011 05:30 AM)bigcatlover2000 Wrote:  What did you guys think of video #3. I find the creation story ,with dinosaurs living with Adam and Eve, to be quite funny. I like the part about sunflowers growing 100 ft tall, it's a good laugh.
The first time I meet some creationist it was on a topic with these claims on usenet on a dutch group.
I was thinking it was a joke, till some time later I found out the people were serious.
Since that time I feel really sorry for that people what jailed their mind into religion.

Note: To send this message, no trees cut down,
although there are many electrons severely hindered.
All the bits are reused.

Future World

73 Jim .--. . .---- .-. . .- PE1REA
Email, put amsat dot org behind the call
[+] 1 user Likes Jim's post