Dinosaurs on the Ark. Apparently it was a happening thing.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Dinosaurs on the Ark. Apparently it was a happening thing.
I found this and simultaneously facepalmed and fell off my chair laughing.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...-noahs-ark

Unfortunately they are being serious. Which just made me laugh all the harder.

"Sin, young man, is when you treat people as things" - Granny Weatherwax in Carpe Jugulum by Terry Pratchett.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2011, 04:56 PM
RE: Dinosaurs on the Ark. Apparently it was a happening thing.
.......I hate these people. They really need to drop their fail book and actualy learn something uselful instead of making crp up to cover their own books failings.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
25-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Amphicoelias the largest dinosaur found weighed in at about 122 tons, ate a ton of food a day, was 190 feet long, and was 30 feet tall from the tallest point in his back.

The Ark was about 460 x 75 x 44 , so I wonder how they fit 2 of them inside, even if they were young adults? Those 2 dinos alone would take up about 1/5 of the boat, never mind their required food and water.
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post
25-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Story sounds legit. I believed it.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
[+] 3 users Like NotSoVacuous's post
27-10-2011, 05:43 AM
The ark was actually half of the size of the world to fit all those not extincted species 10,000 years ago.
27-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Has anyone else noticed that this article actually advocates evoution!

Quote:When you realize that horses, zebras, and donkeys are probably descended from the horse-like “kind,” Noah did not have to carry two sets of each such animal. Also, dogs, wolves, and coyotes are probably from a single canine “kind,” so hundreds of different dogs were not needed.

I kinda wanna slap the writer of the articles and say 'if you wanna spend your life bashing evolution then you can't suddenly use it whenever you think it might help your case!'

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
27-10-2011, 11:13 AM
(27-10-2011 10:13 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Has anyone else noticed that this article actually advocates evoution!

Quote:When you realize that horses, zebras, and donkeys are probably descended from the horse-like “kind,” Noah did not have to carry two sets of each such animal. Also, dogs, wolves, and coyotes are probably from a single canine “kind,” so hundreds of different dogs were not needed.

I kinda wanna slap the writer of the articles and say 'if you wanna spend your life bashing evolution then you can't suddenly use it whenever you think it might help your case!'

And the crazy thing is that they arent just talking about average evolution, they are talking about warp-drive, beam me up Scottie, super evolution that occurs exponentially faster than anything the data on earth supports.
27-10-2011, 12:47 PM
(25-10-2011 06:23 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Amphicoelias the largest dinosaur found weighed in at about 122 tons, ate a ton of food a day, was 190 feet long, and was 30 feet tall from the tallest point in his back.

The Ark was about 460 x 75 x 44 , so I wonder how they fit 2 of them inside, even if they were young adults? Those 2 dinos alone would take up about 1/5 of the boat, never mind their required food and water.

Babies! Maybe even the eggs!

There's an answer to everything, no matter how ridiculous the answer is. When you try to fit the facts to your beliefs you're far more willing to accept an illogical, unlikely, and even impossible scenario to support your belief- especially when the impossibility is hidden from you or you're lied to. They can really make it sound all 'sciencey'.

I used to listen to Ken Ham and Kent Hovind with my dad when I was in high school... even then I couldn't really believe this stuff, but I really wanted to. I used to listen to the tapes telling myself that I wanted to be able to argue the case for god and the Bible, but I mostly wanted answers to the questions that bothered me. However, having gone to public school I knew better. The answers were crap so I just put my doubts away for a while. It wasn't until a long while after I had both moved out of my father's house and finished the 2-year ministry program I went to after high school that I started to think about it all again.

This kind of teaching is really a threat to critical thinking; because with misinformation like this, people begin to think that not only do you have to be a scientist but you have to be a theologian too. If you're not both, then you really just don't understand, so it's better to trust those who do know. Of course, the whole of religion operates like this- you let others tell you how you should live your life. Angry

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
27-10-2011, 03:26 PM
(27-10-2011 11:13 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(27-10-2011 10:13 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  Has anyone else noticed that this article actually advocates evoution!

And the crazy thing is that they arent just talking about average evolution, they are talking about warp-drive, beam me up Scottie, super evolution that occurs exponentially faster than anything the data on earth supports.

There is an "answer" for that warp-drive evolution. Evolution is much slower now, in the old days animals could evolve much faster. They use the same argument for radiometric dating. That way the results 'fit' in the biblical perspective. Easy, isn't it?
And now for a fallacious argument: "You can't prove that I'm wrong!" Tongue

Always remember:

[Image: cartoon.gif]

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 2 users Like Thammuz's post
27-10-2011, 04:03 PM
(27-10-2011 03:26 PM)Thammuz Wrote:  
(27-10-2011 11:13 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  

There is an "answer" for that warp-drive evolution. Evolution is much slower now, in the old days animals could evolve much faster. They use the same argument for radiometric dating. That way the results 'fit' in the biblical perspective. Easy, isn't it?
And now for a fallacious argument: "You can't prove that I'm wrong!" Tongue

Always remember:

[Image: cartoon.gif]

That is true. You cannot win a debate against an illogical position with logical arguments. I think in another thread, a religious person argued that time progressed slower in the bronze age and accelerated over time.