Dinosaurs on the Ark. Apparently it was a happening thing.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2011, 09:14 AM
RE: Dinosaurs on the Ark. Apparently it was a happening thing.
Dinosaurs were totally on the Ark guys. Remember this whole concept of "kinds?" There were lizards which were basically dinosaurs, right? And why stop at dinosaurs? I bet there were aliens, bigfoot and intelligent christians too! Wait...those last three are myths....

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
28-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Do you guys remember this thread?

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...unny+stuff

I wish the creationists would make up their minds. Which was it? Were they on the ark or not?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-10-2011, 04:17 PM
And God came down from heaven and said “Noah, I want you build another boat”
And Noah asked “Another one? Why? We just went through all that!”
“Err yea, but this time it has to be at least 6 floors high.”
Noah, less than happy pulls out a pencil and pad and starts taking notes “So, 6 floors… Anything else?”
God, pauses for a moment, “Yea, I need it to hold fish.”
Noah throws his pad at the ground “FISH??? You want me to build a 6 floor fish boat?”
God clears his throat, “I just really want a multi story carp ark.”

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
28-10-2011, 04:30 PM
(28-10-2011 04:17 PM)Karl Wrote:  And God came down from heaven and said “Noah, I want you build another boat”
And Noah asked “Another one? Why? We just went through all that!”
“Err yea, but this time it has to be at least 6 floors high.”
Noah, less than happy pulls out a pencil and pad and starts taking notes “So, 6 floors… Anything else?”
God, pauses for a moment, “Yea, I need it to hold fish.”
Noah throws his pad at the ground “FISH??? You want me to build a 6 floor fish boat?”
God clears his throat, “I just really want a multi story carp ark.”

lulz, awesome.
01-11-2011, 10:05 AM
(25-10-2011 06:23 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Amphicoelias the largest dinosaur found weighed in at about 122 tons, ate a ton of food a day, was 190 feet long, and was 30 feet tall from the tallest point in his back.

The Ark was about 460 x 75 x 44 , so I wonder how they fit 2 of them inside, even if they were young adults? Those 2 dinos alone would take up about 1/5 of the boat, never mind their required food and water.
Quote:Dinosaur eggs vary in size, depending on the species. Among the largest are fossilized dinosaur eggs collected in the mid 1990s from Late Cretaceous rocks in China. These eggs are more than 60 cm (2 ft.) long and about 20 cm (8 in.) in diameter.

http://www.nature.ca/notebooks/english/dinoeggs.htm

If the largest dinosaur eggs were just a little over two feet long newly hatched dinosaurs wouldn't have taken up much space.

I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2011, 10:35 AM
If the theory is that the animals of the world came to Noah, how did they travel to him as eggs or very young dinos? Or how would it be possible for the parents of all of the animals to come to the ark to lay eggs or hatch young? All of these animals would have had to time their fertility and incubation periods to ensure that either the eggs did not hatch too early and the young grow too large to fit on the ark, or not removed from incubation by their mother too early. And those arguments are way oversimplified considerations of the actual biological need of the animals. Aside from dinos and reptiles, mammals used to get very large as well as dinos. As young they would require mother's milk so the mother would have to be around or they would have to be sufficiently old so that they no longer needed it.

None of those answers seems the slightest bit plausible. The discussion about the possibility for that many animals of those sizes to fit on the ark is incomplete without considering the logistics of how it would even come to be or what would happen afterwards.

Just the idea of the ark as a real story is absurdly illogical.

But hey, god can do what he wants right? The laws of physics and nature need not apply. At least they didn't then; but since current times don't see divine intervention or miracles the laws of physics and nature do apply now. God has changed- either he changed his mind or his ability to intervene changed. In either case, god was neither all-powerful nor all-knowing, and certainly not unchanging.
01-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Them dummies. The Ark is from the future of cold-storage DNA. Never gonna be able to realize this with continual cranial-rectal inversion. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
03-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Tongue RE: Dinosaurs on the Ark. Apparently it was a happening thing.
no of course dinosaurs did not board on the ark ,that is the reason they disappeared, forget the meteor crush incident and the iridium layer laid across the globe at exactly the time when dinosaur fossils disappear from the fossil record that is probably just a coincidence or it was placed there by mad scientists or the devil himself to confuse people (of course the scientists or the devil would have to pick it up from outer space since it is so rare on earth but we all know how resourceful they can be so that must have been a minor problem) Tongue
the flood is a very true story and makes sense since it is normal for billions of square km of water to magically appear on the planet (out of thin air) and then disappear again ,as it always doesBig Grin
on the more serious side i think we should not discharge all these ancient myths especially the ones that appear in different cultures at the same geographical area (epic of Gilgamesh, Hebrew old testament) . these myths can provide clues about the past when no written records existed . the flooding of the black Sea is a historical event backed up by scientific data (the sudden change of the species of bivalves in the fossil record from freshwater species to saltwater species and meteorological data that prove the melting of ice sheets and temperature rise that lead to an significant sea level rise)
the fact is that a large flood did take place in that area while this area was inhabited by many people .
so if you throw the imaginary parts of the tale away you are left with a clue that something related to a flooding incident really did happen and it is worth investigating . there is sometimes scientific "gold" hidden under rubbish religious fairy tales
[+] 1 user Likes atheoselinas's post
03-12-2011, 05:39 AM
I'm still waiting for them to come up with the easy explanation: "God enchanted the ark so it was bigger on the inside than on the outside."

What always bothers me about Noah's ark was why kill the animals in the first place? Don't christians believe that only humans are capable of good and evil?
If I was god and I wanted to commit genocide for the craic, I'd introduce a deadly plague specific to humans and vaccinate Noah against it. And I'd leave the poor giraffes out of it.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
03-12-2011, 06:02 AM
(03-12-2011 05:39 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  What always bothers me about Noah's ark was why kill the animals in the first place? Don't christians believe that only humans are capable of good and evil?
If I was god and I wanted to commit genocide for the craic, I'd introduce a deadly plague specific to humans and vaccinate Noah against it. And I'd leave the poor giraffes out of it.

Because that would be WAAAAAY too simple. Just like when God made an almost infinite universe with only a tiny planet (mostly covered with salty oceans) that can be inhabited. Maybe that's why it took so long to create it? I can imagine him thinking: "Naah, that's not complicated enough, I'll put some extra volcano here next to this fertile area. And le me add some poisonous berries to the edible ones; that'll make it more fun too."

And a note about worship; if he'd just come out of his cloud every 25 years or so and shout:"Hey people, this is the Big Boss here, don't forget to praise me and honor the sabbath". Nooooo, nooooo he HAD to appear as a flaming bush a 2000 years ago in a remote area, telling it to EXACTLY one person.

And I'm not even going to start about his Jesus plan...
-Ok, so I'm gonna put a tree here with tasty fruit
-Then I'll ignore the talking snake I personally created
-Then I'll punish every single human FOREVER for touching my tree
-Then I'll insist on the fact that I'm a loving God
-Wait a few years
-Create a personal clone
-Let myself be killed
-Call it even
-But still insist that everyone is a sinner

HOW FUCKED UP IS THAT?

Maybe he just likes a challenge Big Grin

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 1 user Likes Thammuz's post