• 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: Disability and the Modern World
I guess she cooks like normal and just has recipes she's good at
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2013, 07:23 PM
(30-08-2013 07:19 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I guess she cooks like normal and just has recipes she's good at

If you listen to the show (and it would probably be an entertaining show to just listen to, Gordon Ramsey screaming at people and all that) there is no way to win that show without cooking with unfamiliar ingredients and methods and they come up against some crazy time limits. Of course it is reality TV so a lot of it is probably BS.

30-08-2013, 07:30 PM
(30-08-2013 07:23 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(30-08-2013 07:19 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I guess she cooks like normal and just has recipes she's good at

If you listen to the show (and it would probably be an entertaining show to just listen to, Gordon Ramsey screaming at people and all that) there is no way to win that show without cooking with unfamiliar ingredients and methods and they come up against some crazy time limits. Of course it is reality TV so a lot of it is probably BS.

Well being blind isn't going to stump someone when they're handed unfamiliar ingredients. What would be difficult is working with an unfamiliar stove or other cooking paraphernalia. That would be take a few minutes to get used to. Unless they let her explore the set before starting.
30-08-2013, 08:00 PM
(30-08-2013 05:08 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  ...
I just honestly wonder what people think I do with my time. I'm just fascinated that people who are surprised by my perceived normalcy. I really truly wish I knew what they imagined my life was like.

In all honesty (and I am slightly embarrassed to admit it) I don't think about it.

Living with a disability (in my case, not a physical disability)... well, it's just about playing the cards you've been dealt.

Find all posts by this user
02-09-2013, 05:07 PM
What sighted people think happens:

What really happens:

[+] 1 user Likes BrokenQuill92's post
02-09-2013, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2013 07:10 PM by Luminon.)
Cool I don't get this. How it's possible that blind teenagers get to have such active and varied lives? I wish them the best, but that document sounds too good to be true. What's the cause? Cherry picking in the document, government-funded support groups, good class collective, or being completely normal in the head and actually wanting and knowing how to hang out with people? Does the full document show how it is really like, I mean, staying at home, boredom, apathy, depression, prejudice, confusion, dependence, pranks, bullying, discrimination and so on?
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
02-09-2013, 07:18 PM
(02-09-2013 07:07 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Cool I don't get this. How it's possible that blind teenagers get to have such active and varied lives? I wish them the best, but that document sounds too good to be true. What's the cause? Cherry picking in the document, government-funded support groups, good class collective, or being completely normal in the head and actually wanting and knowing how to hang out with people? Does the full document show how it is really like, I mean, staying at home, boredom, apathy, depression, prejudice, confusion, dependence, pranks, bullying, discrimination and so on?

Um depression? Confusion? Yes, we have a very high unemployment rate. Yes there is prejudice. Yes there is bullying. But that isn't the point of the documentary, it's to show that we as blind people are fully capable, happy, healthy, individuals who can make the world a better place if given a chance.
03-09-2013, 08:39 AM
MUST......RESIST......JOKE Drooling

I honestly don't look at anyone and think to myself "I wonder what they do all day" I could care less what most people do with their lives, and most people probably feel the same way when walking down a street or riding a bus.

when have people asked you those things?
03-09-2013, 09:42 AM
I think blind people have secret blind people gatherings.
I also don't think they're really blind but are all just fucking with the rest of us.
They're like a secret world order cult thing, the whole lot of him, that's why there's always only 1 in a society, sitting their silently, listening and watching gathering information that can used within their secret order to help them take over the world!

I'M ON TO YOU BLIND PEOPLE!! I KNOW THE TRUTH!!

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
03-09-2013, 10:08 AM
(03-09-2013 09:42 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think blind people have secret blind people gatherings.
I also don't think they're really blind but are all just fucking with the rest of us.
They're like a secret world order cult thing, the whole lot of him, that's why there's always only 1 in a society, sitting their silently, listening and watching gathering information that can used within their secret order to help them take over the world!

I'M ON TO YOU BLIND PEOPLE!! I KNOW THE TRUTH!!

Damn it! Abort the mission Pinky! Abort the mission!
[+] 1 user Likes BrokenQuill92's post