RE: Disability vs Religion
Thanks you guys
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Hey, Broken Quill.

Welcome to the forum.

I get what you mean of frustration from your family trying to place you in the biblical sense. My family is almost all Jehovah's Witnesses so I sometimes got reminders of the Prodigal son (even though I'm a gal) and the hopes I would become a Marie Magdalene (begging for forgiveness, not the prostitution part).

Good on ya for tackling college! It's one of my goals for the near future. Specifically Entomology. What are you studying?

Jaws looks like a really neat program. I don't know if the programs you use shows usernames of the site so I'll tell you mine: Cheap Thrill Seeker. Also, we have smiling face images on the forum. I'm not sure if the program would recognize it or just say the punctuation mark colon and whatever is inside like coffee for example and then ends with the punctuation mark colon again. In any case, that's the one I use a lot to show sarcasm or snark.

Get nice and comfy and enjoy your stay!

Cheap Thrill Seeker

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
05-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the forum, friend. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.

I can't personally imagine going through that, but I know some of my family would treat me the same way. Unfortunately they'd also throw a big heaping pile of guilt and admonishment on top of it just because of how I live now. Oh well. Some people just want to be right so badly that they are willing to hurt people around them, sometimes without even realizing that's what they are doing.

It sounds like your mom genuinely loves you and wants what's best for you, but she doesn't realize that the way she is going about it is having the opposite effect. Have you tried telling her how you feel?

I'm happy to see technologies continue to progress to make things more accessible to people with dissabilities. I can only hope we continue to see technology and medicine continue to progress, perhaps to a point where such conditions are easily reversable.

There is a great supportive community here with a great many talents and resources. If ever you need a place to vent, or just to hear some encouraging and supportive words, make a post.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
06-06-2013, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 05:08 AM by ELK12695.)
Your church and your family pisses me off, wish you had sith lightning and did this to them:

(since you're blind, I don't know how videos work for you, sorry)
What I don't get is why you hang around them? Are you over 18? Do you have enough money to move out? Do you live with your family at all? If you ask me, family or not, they seem like a bunch of dicks. If I were you, I would leave them, break all contact and tell them to jump off a bridge. Don't know what you think, but I wouldn't be able to stand being around people like that. I know, it sounds rough, but I would have problems forgiving people for bullying. Personal experiences here too...

Bah, what am I saying, this is about you, not me. Welcome to the forum and I hope shit sorts out for ya.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
10-06-2013, 12:24 PM
I won't be able to move out on my own until I'm done with both mobility training and learning Braille both of with which will take a two or three years so I'm unfortunately stuck my family for some time
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2013, 04:16 AM
(10-06-2013 12:24 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  I won't be able to move out on my own until I'm done with both mobility training and learning Braille both of with which will take a two or three years so I'm unfortunately stuck my family for some time

That sucks. Hope you can find some work in your condition.

[Image: 9f6.gif]