Disappointment in atheist men

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2017, 06:04 PM
I had been sort of following the “Is God Imaginary” forum. I hadn’t been reading it religiously () due to its small traffic. I looked at it today only to find a thread turning the topic of Harvey Weinstein’s pathological sexual assaults into a bashing of Hillary Clinton. Typically, the fools who do that ignore 2 facts: (1) Hillary isn’t the president and (2) the man who is is a documented and admitted sexual predator himself.

For some strange reason, I expect better from atheists and agnostics. Unfortunately, misogyny is rampant in society and there’s no escaping it.

For the record, then, sexual assault is NOT a topic for jokes. Rape isn’t funny. Using a position of power to demand sexual favors isn’t “sexual addiction.” It’s assault.

The takeaway for me here is that the election of Trump not only brought out the white supremacists, it also brought out the sexual predators. They never really went away BT (Before Trump), but they weren’t as public as they are now.

I’ve had sexual predators come after me and I’ve shut them down, sometimes with a well placed word, sometimes with a well placed knee. I’m not a violent person but sometimes a knee is the only thing a sexual predator will understand.

In closing, I hold atheist men to a higher standard due to their track record of being able to think. I urge them all to carefully consider their words before posting such absolute bullshit in the future. It’s unacceptable. They should join the rest of us in the 21st century.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Rachel's post
15-10-2017, 06:12 PM
RE: Disappointment in atheist men
(15-10-2017 06:04 PM)Rachel Wrote:  I had been sort of following the “Is God Imaginary” forum. I hadn’t been reading it religiously () due to its small traffic. I looked at it today only to find a thread turning the topic of Harvey Weinstein’s pathological sexual assaults into a bashing of Hillary Clinton. Typically, the fools who do that ignore 2 facts: (1) Hillary isn’t the president and (2) the man who is is a documented and admitted sexual predator himself.

For some strange reason, I expect better from atheists and agnostics. Unfortunately, misogyny is rampant in society and there’s no escaping it.

For the record, then, sexual assault is NOT a topic for jokes. Rape isn’t funny. Using a position of power to demand sexual favors isn’t “sexual addiction.” It’s assault.

The takeaway for me here is that the election of Trump not only brought out the white supremacists, it also brought out the sexual predators. They never really went away BT (Before Trump), but they weren’t as public as they are now.

I’ve had sexual predators come after me and I’ve shut them down, sometimes with a well placed word, sometimes with a well placed knee. I’m not a violent person but sometimes a knee is the only thing a sexual predator will understand.

In closing, I hold atheist men to a higher standard due to their track record of being able to think. I urge them all to carefully consider their words before posting such absolute bullshit in the future. It’s unacceptable. They should join the rest of us in the 21st century.

There is no such thing as "atheist men". Because they are all totally different individuals. They only have one thing in common: They don't believe in any gods. That's it. Other than that, they can be as delusional as the next guy.

But I understand where you are coming from - I am also guilty of expecting more from folks who see through the religious garbage.

It's unrealistic though - atheists come from all backgrounds, walks of life, locations and so on and so on and so on. And you come across your share of nitwits.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 10 users Like Dom's post
15-10-2017, 06:16 PM
"Unfortunately, misogyny is rampant in society and there’s no escaping it."

Yup. I don't think it matters if a guy is a believer or not. There are woman-haters in every group, and the internet allows them to say hateful shit without repercussion. Yippee.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like ShadowProject's post
15-10-2017, 06:29 PM
(15-10-2017 06:16 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  "Unfortunately, misogyny is rampant in society and there’s no escaping it."

Yup. I don't think it matters if a guy is a believer or not. There are woman-haters in every group, and the internet allows them to say hateful shit without repercussion. Yippee.

Yeah, this was pretty apparent at Mythcon unfortunately...most of the crowd cheered at Sargon of Akkad's tweet to a rape victim, "I wouldn't even rape you" and would shout and interrupt the 'debate' with Thomas Smith that feminism is "cancer" and such. Even in line, when Dr. Karen Garst was handing out ads for her book on faithless feminism, there were some very nasty misogynist comments made after she was gone.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
15-10-2017, 06:31 PM
On a more positive note: One of Trump's reality TV actresses is suing him for sexual abuse and they have subpoenaed related White House papers. Apparently the White House was under order to preserve all papers relating to this and other trumpian abuse cases.

Women are sick and tired of this shit.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 8 users Like Dom's post
15-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Unfortunately all groups have their idiots. It'll come back to bite them when they are 50 and single because they ruin their chances of any type of relationship by being disgusting and disrespectful.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
15-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Like others have said, there are jerks in all walks of life unfortunately. While I know you are talking about your experiences on another forum, I have to say the males who are atheist here on TTA are pretty amazing and I've found them to be very respectful of women.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post
15-10-2017, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2017 08:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-10-2017 06:04 PM)Rachel Wrote:  In closing, I hold atheist men to a higher standard due to their track record of being able to think.

Other than a rather ungratifying limp dick Boot Camp Liberty Weekend 35 years ago after I drank a quart of Jack Daniels in an hour watching Lou Ferrigno turn into the Hulk, I've never even attempted sex with anyone other than my wife.

Further, I don't want to have sex with anyone other than my wife. I have never wanted to have sex with anyone other than my wife. I doubt I will ever want to have sex with anyone other than my wife. Even if she dies first. (not ruling out cuddling, cuddling is good, and I am a big ball of heat).

How's my track record? Good?

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-10-2017, 07:00 PM
I went to the forum the OP is talking about and read the thread. I don't know if all the posters there were atheist or not, but that doesn't really matter, it was a very disturbing read. The level of ignorance was off the charts, the anti-feminist anger and blind rage against Hillary was nuts.

If they are atheists then they should turn their sceptical minds towards their sources of information, one of them even quoted a National Inquirer "article". Facepalm
They've bought the Trump Fake news bait, hook, line & sinker.

BTW the website is pretty odd in general. Perhaps we can find some comfort in the fact that it has such low traffic because maybe the ideas espoused there are shared by so few people.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 4 users Like unsapien's post
15-10-2017, 07:39 PM
(15-10-2017 06:12 PM)Dom Wrote:  There is no such thing as "atheist men". Because they are all totally different individuals. They only have one thing in common: They don't believe in any gods. That's it. Other than that, they can be as delusional as the next guy.

But I understand where you are coming from - I am also guilty of expecting more from folks who see through the religious garbage.

It's unrealistic though - atheists come from all backgrounds, walks of life, locations and so on and so on and so on. And you come across your share of nitwits.

I disagree. There are men who are atheists, thus there are atheist men. I’ve met good and kind atheist men and even married one. I’ve met asshole atheist men. It’s a fact of life. I just expect better and more enlightened behavior from them.