Disconcerting conversation today at church.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 06:03 AM
RE: Disconcerting conversation today at church.
(22-12-2014 01:05 AM)Gordon Wrote:  ...somebody...get me a whip...Consider

Ooooh, I see you show your personal dirty laudry though....

Kinky!

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2014, 06:15 AM
(22-12-2014 10:55 PM)freetoreason Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 03:11 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Yeah, during my time at the Den of Baptists, more than one Calvinist brought that up. He posted a Walking Dead meme about Armenians skipping Romans 9. I suppose there are some mental gymnastics for why they write it off.

The problem is you can find many verses that contradict Romans 9 in favor of the Arminian view. As a Calvinist I became expert at refuting these. Example 1 John 2:2.
" He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world." So you play fast and loose with the meaning of world. They can and do spend hours arguing this stuff. Good times.

Yeah, the bible demands that you pick and choose which parts you like and then argue the rest of your life how your interpretation is right, pretending the whole time that your choice is somehow what god prefers.
I eventually came to the conclusion that the writers were the real problem, they just didn't know what the f*ck they were talking about and were making sh*t up as they went along. Total insanity!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
23-12-2014, 07:21 AM
(22-12-2014 09:48 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 03:44 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  There has to be one truth. If there isn't, there is no truth.

So, who is diddo97? We have a similar reputation. Consider

(22-12-2014 09:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Popcorn

Agreed. I figured I'll just sit back and watch them go at it, similar to when you get one copy of Clever Bot talking to another.
23-12-2014, 07:26 AM
(22-12-2014 10:52 PM)Gordon Wrote:  But you're probably right about the physical violence. Not that I give a shit. Actually, I don't think atheists would do it. I think other Christians would, though.

This is one of the few times I find myself agreeing with you. And not in the sense of "lol Christians are all violent", but just that theists seem to feel the need to defend their world view from skepticism more than atheists do.

(22-12-2014 10:52 PM)Gordon Wrote:  But I'm not at that phase of my "ministry" yet.

Wait. You're looking forward to that? Wow. I think this might be one of those "Only you can prevent forest fires" kind of things.
23-12-2014, 07:29 AM
(23-12-2014 05:58 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 09:48 PM)Gordon Wrote:  So, who is diddo97? We have a similar reputation. Consider

A potential convert. He demands your special attention.

Please do. Put these two attention whores together and lock the door behind them. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-12-2014, 07:41 AM
(23-12-2014 06:03 AM)gofish! Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 01:05 AM)Gordon Wrote:  ...somebody...get me a whip...Consider

Ooooh, I see you show your personal dirty laudry though....

Kinky!

Jesus made his own when he needed one. You'd think St Gordon could at least do that much.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP