Disconcerting conversation today at church.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2014, 11:49 PM
RE: Disconcerting conversation today at church.
(21-12-2014 11:34 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  ...
Your god may exist, but he didn't create 33,000 different versions of bullshit. That's all on you.

And since its all on you
, more than likely the god doesn't exist either.

... or KC is god!

Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2014, 11:55 PM
(21-12-2014 11:49 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 11:34 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  ...
Your god may exist, but he didn't create 33,000 different versions of bullshit. That's all on you.

And since its all on you
, more than likely the god doesn't exist either.

... or KC is god!

Thumbsup

[Image: tumblr_mism56mKfR1rhtvhfo1_500.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
22-12-2014, 12:24 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2014 12:31 AM by Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue.)
Edit: Topic: I can't think of a better way you could have addressed the situation. Props required. *Fist bump*

(21-12-2014 11:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 11:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  Faith interferes with thinking, feeling, and common sense. Why do you keep getting surprised by this? Dodgy

My naivety, probably.

When it doesn't have any negative repercussions I prefer to think of it as "Optimism."

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 4 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
22-12-2014, 12:29 AM
(21-12-2014 11:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  That being said, deductive reasoning leads me to believe that there is a high probability that there is something theologically wrong with all 33,000 denominations and no one can point fingers.

It goes deeper than denominations, KC.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
22-12-2014, 12:50 AM
(22-12-2014 12:24 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 11:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  My naivety, probably.

When it doesn't have any negative repercussions I prefer to think of it as "Optimism."

Stuffed, I love this way of thinking! Thumbsup I think it's emotionally healthy to sometimes be naively optimistic when there are no consequences to doing so, and the alternative is to be realistically downtrodden and pessimistic. Let the sun shine in!
[+] 5 users Like freetoreason's post
22-12-2014, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2014 01:10 AM by Gordon.)
Actually, it's funny you brought this up, because an hour ago I was having a conversation with friends at work. One is Catholic, one is Baptist. I asked them if I was a Christian in their opinion. I said, I have a lot of strange beliefs, divine astrology being one of them, but my core belief are that we must believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, confess our sins, and ask to be forgiven, and that there's no other way to God excpet by faith in Jesus Christ, and if we don't have that, we will go to hell when we die (whatever hell might be) . Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life. That's it.

They said, no matter what else I believe. If I believe that then in their opinion, I am a Christian--without a doubt. And I know that atheists and New Agers think I'm a Christian, so I guess a Veridican is really a type of Christian. [Image: nixweiss.gif]

As we got to talking, and they shared their religious opinions, I started to think I was the only one in our little group with proper normal conservative Christian values--as a Veridican! I thought I was supposed to be the one tearing down the Church. I'm starting to think I might be the last man standing in it.

I mean, look at you KC: Even you are tearing down your own church to atheists, putting your congregations dirty laundry out on the street. I'd fucking never do that.

...somebody...get me a whip...Consider
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-12-2014, 01:09 AM
(22-12-2014 01:05 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Actually, it's funny you brought this up, because an hour ago I was having a conversation with friends at work. One is Catholic, one is Baptist. I asked them if I was a Christian in their opinion. I said, I have a lot of strange beliefs, astrology being one of them, but my core belief is that we must believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, confess our sins, and ask to be forgiven, and that there is no other way to God excpet by faith in Jesus Christ, and if we don't have that, we will go to hell (whatever hell might be) when we die. Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life.

They said, no matter what else I believe. If I believe that then in their opinion, I am a Christian--without a doubt. And I know that atheists and New Agers think I'm a Christian, so I guess a Veridican is really a type of Christian.

As we got to talking, and they shared their religious opinions, I started to think I was the only one in our little group with proper normal conservative Christian values--as a Veridican!. I thought I was supposed to be the one tearing down the Church. I'm starting to think I might be the last man standing in it.

I mean, look at KC here: He's tearing down his own damn church to atheists, putting their dirty laundry out on the street. I'd fucking never do that.

...somebody...get me a whip...

You're just a douche...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
22-12-2014, 01:12 AM
(22-12-2014 01:05 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I mean, look at you KC: Even you are tearing down your own church to atheists, putting your congregations dirty laundry out on the street. I'd fucking never do that.

[Image: Og8qd.jpg]

You put out your shit-stained laundry every time you come back here preaching your particular version of unsubstantiated woo.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-12-2014, 01:50 AM
Can you guess who is who?

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 166766_original.gif]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post
22-12-2014, 02:00 AM
(22-12-2014 01:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Can you guess who is who?

Oooo! Pick me! Pick me!
[Image: pick-me-o.gif?resize=320%2C240]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post