Disconcerting conversation today at church.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 09:57 PM
RE: Disconcerting conversation today at church.
(22-12-2014 09:53 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 09:48 PM)Gordon Wrote:  So, who is diddo97? We have a similar reputation. Consider

I'm just a steaming pile of shit, preaching the truth, hoping vainly to be disproven.

Yeah, I've read through some of your posts.

What do you think about Jesus Christ? Out of curiosity...Unsure
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2014, 09:58 PM
(22-12-2014 09:48 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 03:44 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  There has to be one truth. If there isn't, there is no truth.

So, who is diddo97? We have a similar reputation. Consider

Doesn't compare to you, Ed.

His/her/its trolling just consists of insulting and instigating atheists into disliking him/her/it.

People dislike you on a whole different level. Like there is actual substance there. People just find him/her/it annoying; and I would dare say, though, that people genuinely dislike you and, if given the chance, would probably try to hurt you physically.

Your rep has been and will continue to be earned. He/she/it gets it cheaply.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
22-12-2014, 10:52 PM
(22-12-2014 09:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 09:48 PM)Gordon Wrote:  So, who is diddo97? We have a similar reputation. Consider

Doesn't compare to you, Ed.

His/her/its trolling just consists of insulting and instigating atheists into disliking him/her/it.

People dislike you on a whole different level. Like there is actual substance there. People just find him/her/it annoying; and I would dare say, though, that people genuinely dislike you and, if given the chance, would probably try to hurt you physically.

Boy you've changed. Sad

But you're probably right about the physical violence. Not that I give a shit. Actually, I don't think atheists would do it. I think other Christians would, though. But I'm not at that phase of my "ministry" yet. Right now, except for you, Christians don't even know I exist. And they may never know, because I cannot get into their groups or stay in for more than a microsecond before I'm banned.

It's all in God's hands, though. No one's going to get me unless he lets them get me. No
22-12-2014, 10:55 PM
(22-12-2014 03:11 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 01:16 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I went and read Romans 9 again, I haven't read it in a long time. Holy crap! It states god chooses who he will for mercy, then it gives the example of the Pharaoh being god's puppet, states it again even more clearly that there is no free will, realizes how unjust that is, then tells us we are nothing to question god.

That's a pretty disgusting set of verses right there.

Yeah, during my time at the Den of Baptists, more than one Calvinist brought that up. He posted a Walking Dead meme about Armenians skipping Romans 9. I suppose there are some mental gymnastics for why they write it off.

The problem is you can find many verses that contradict Romans 9 in favor of the Arminian view. As a Calvinist I became expert at refuting these. Example 1 John 2:2.
" He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world." So you play fast and loose with the meaning of world. They can and do spend hours arguing this stuff. Good times.
22-12-2014, 11:47 PM
(22-12-2014 10:52 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 09:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Doesn't compare to you, Ed.

Boy you've changed. Sad

But you're probably right about the physical violence. Not that I give a shit. Actually, I don't think atheists would do it. I think other Christians would, though. But I'm not at that phase of my "ministry" yet. Right now, except for you, Christians don't even know I exist. And they may never know, because I cannot get into their groups or stay in for more than a microsecond before I'm banned.

It's all in God's hands, though. No one's going to get me unless he lets them get me. No
It has nothing to do with Atheists or Christians and everything to do with people not liking assholes.

I laughed a good bit when you said your not at that phase "yet". How many years does it take to get a cult off the ground anyway?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
23-12-2014, 01:10 AM
(22-12-2014 11:47 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  It has nothing to do with Atheists or Christians and everything to do with people not liking assholes.

Then I'd watch your back, if I were you. [Image: upfromgrave.gif]

Quote:I laughed a good bit when you said your not at that phase "yet". How many years does it take to get a cult off the ground anyway?

Probably 200 years. [Image: dontknow1.gif]
23-12-2014, 01:22 AM
(22-12-2014 10:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 10:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  I wonder if Jayne ever managed to escape...

Don't know.

Just found Laramie's page.

http://thehirschfiles.blogspot.com/2014/...genda.html

Saw her there. Scroll down to the comments.

Cool

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
[+] 1 user Likes LaramieHirsch's post
23-12-2014, 02:58 AM
(22-12-2014 09:57 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 09:53 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I'm just a steaming pile of shit, preaching the truth, hoping vainly to be disproven.

Yeah, I've read through some of your posts.

What do you think about Jesus Christ? Out of curiosity...Unsure

Um....this one, for me, is a red flag to a bull....

Jesus made big promises that never came true. He was judgmental, intolerant, inconsistent, egocentric and ethnocentric. He failed to give clever or comprehensive solutions to life’s conundrums. Most of his teachings lack the detail to make them meaningful. Dogma without reasoning and explanation does not cut the mustard as philosophy.

Good philosophers are seekers of truth and wisdom who propose answers to the mysteries of life and the universe after a reasoned analysis. They see through gloss to discover substance. They may occasionally come up with profound one-liners (aphorisms) such as
“E=mc squared” or
“I think, therefore I am,” but these are the products of elaborate reasoning. Jesus’ numerous one-liners only proposed unsatisfactory simplistic solutions to complex problems.

Good philosophers have open minds and are genuinely interested in others’ opinions. They do not assume or pretend they alone have all the answers. They care enough about their audience to document their ideas with precision and detail. They are aware that one day their ideas may appear outdated. Much of what Jesus said was a dictatorial diatribe that failed to do any of this. (http://www.richardcarrier.info/McFallRebuttal1.html).

Truly inspiring words in great books, poetry, or speeches have a timeless coherency and consistency to them. Jesus’ teachings, as a whole, do not.

Some Christians claim that everything Jesus said was perfect because he was god, a circular argument. Faith cannot rescue Jesus’ words from the scrutiny of a modern critical public.

Some Christians claim it was the fact Jesus became a man that is what matters; that Jesus’ primary purpose was to save the world from its sins. Paul invented this idea, and Paul had obviously never heard Jesus’ teachings. Paul, the true founder of Christianity did not consider his Christ a philosopher, yet Paul wrote volumes pushing his own philosophy.

Many Christians believe Jesus revealed God’s will, yet it seems those Christians are not considering Jesus’ words objectively. Perhaps these Christians who believe in the genuineness of Jesus’ words should be asking why Jesus did not do a much better job, one that left better quality instructions for future generations.

Many Christians too easily accept any of the thousands of books and articles that try to explain, harmonize or “contextualize” Jesus’ sayings. All this commentary is heavily manufactured; it resorts to arbitrary interpretations rather than simply taking what are said to be Jesus’ words at face value. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...XOgVfY9k).
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
23-12-2014, 05:48 AM
(23-12-2014 02:58 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  ... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...XOgVfY9k).

A pretty good summation. Thanks, Mark.

I'm surprised the video didn't credit Hitch as many of the arguments come from his book / book tour.

23-12-2014, 05:58 AM
(22-12-2014 09:48 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 03:44 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  There has to be one truth. If there isn't, there is no truth.

So, who is diddo97? We have a similar reputation. Consider

A potential convert. He demands your special attention.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post