Discovered what I am!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Rainbow Discovered what I am!
I have been listening to several Atheist podcats non-stop at work, listening to them in order from way back when. Well, up to September of 2014 now, had your TTA from September 2'nd play yesterday.

Seth read a letter on air and it stopped me in my tracks. I have heard the term before on occasion, but no one ever describe themselves and link to the term, so I never connected the dots before. What he was saying was ME EXACTLY in some of the same ways.

I am an Misanthrope.

Finally have a term for myself. I have been fighting it for years but this year I have been slowly accepting who I am over time. I left ALL social media like Facebook and Twitter, and left the local atheist meetup group, all last Summer. I am happier and calmer and more in control of myself again finally! I didn't leave before having quite a few public angry fights with people, including some that probably considered me a friend. Burned some bridges, oh well.

I have one and only one friend, that I live with currently. If they ever die I am completely certain I will not be getting another. I will close the gate at the end of my driveway, only to open it when I go to work or the store. All other times I will be happily at home. ALONE Big Grin

People for whatever reason don't like being called lair's to their faces. Well, truth hurts I guess. If someone is lying to me, whether knowingly or unknowingly I will say it to their face. I am sick to death of people lying to me, I grew up in a christian household and was lied to all those years. Fuck anyone that lies to me about anything, never again. Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Discovered what I am!
(22-12-2014 10:17 PM)CrazyBearFarm Wrote:  I am an Misanthrope.

You are a Sasquatch.

[Image: sasquatch.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-12-2014, 11:01 PM
theres a time to burn bridges, and a time to build them.

wishing you a Merry Christmas.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
22-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Hmm... 2 replies, so far neither has remotely made sense.
22-12-2014, 11:15 PM
[Image: houseofnonsense.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
22-12-2014, 11:16 PM
Hello! Big Grin

Happy I am that you've found a word you like that you think describes yourself.

As for myself? Happy 'Non-theist' is where I'm at. Kind of all over the place politically/socially wise other-wise. Tongue

Season's greetings and a good new year to all.

Much cheers to all.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
22-12-2014, 11:22 PM
ähhhhhh was?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
22-12-2014, 11:23 PM
I doubt you'll be happy in your misanthropy. You're a social animal. "And anytime you feel the pain, hey Crazybear, refrain, don't carry the world upon your shoulders. For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool by making his world a little colder".
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post
22-12-2014, 11:58 PM
(22-12-2014 11:23 PM)freetoreason Wrote:  I doubt you'll be happy in your misanthropy. You're a social animal. "And anytime you feel the pain, hey Crazybear, refrain, don't carry the world upon your shoulders. For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool by making his world a little colder".

Here you go, Girly. Allow me.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
23-12-2014, 12:00 AM
If you hate people then why are you here? I would say you're a misanthrope-lite.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user