Discovered what I am!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 11:22 AM
RE: Discovered what I am!
(23-12-2014 09:00 AM)CrazyBearFarm Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 12:00 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  If you hate people then why are you here? I would say you're a misanthrope-lite.

Well, am not without hope. Came here thinking I might find at least some worth talking too. But alas no. This entire thread is nearly completely full of inane dribble. Yet again, any attempt at social contact is a complete waste of time.

No, seriously, in the end it just isn't a good strategy. Because in the end relationships are our greatest defense against the absurdity of our lives. Tried the fool on the hill thing. Found out I was the fool, and it was cold up there. Because in the end the love you take really is equal to the love you make. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post
23-12-2014, 11:28 AM
(23-12-2014 09:10 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 09:00 AM)CrazyBearFarm Wrote:  Well, am not without hope. Came here thinking I might find at least some worth talking too. But alas no. This entire thread is nearly completely full of inane dribble. Yet again, any attempt at social contact is a complete waste of time.

I don't deny the veracity of your claim but don't give up hope.

You're not the only misanthrope here.

Your post actually got me scurrying off to do some research. I checked to see if there was a specific word for lover of women (as opposed to hater of mankind) that I might apply to myself.

I too shun social media and confine myself to a small number of concubines and only venture out into the wider world when I'm paid to.

I can relate, my friend. But I fear that 'misanthrope' as a self-descriptor is perhaps a signal to others - non-misanthropes - to give you a wide berth... for obvious reasons.

Wink

I knew it, you're Tyrion Lannister.

[Image: tyrion.png?w=604]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
23-12-2014, 11:32 AM
(23-12-2014 11:22 AM)freetoreason Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 09:00 AM)CrazyBearFarm Wrote:  Well, am not without hope. Came here thinking I might find at least some worth talking too. But alas no. This entire thread is nearly completely full of inane dribble. Yet again, any attempt at social contact is a complete waste of time.

No, seriously, in the end it just isn't a good strategy. Because in the end relationships are our greatest defense against the absurdity of our lives. Tried the fool on the hill thing. Found out I was the fool, and it was cold up there. Because in the end the love you take really is equal to the love you make. Big Grin

Bad boy! Are you trying to wake Girly from his pre-christmas stupor?

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
23-12-2014, 11:35 AM
(23-12-2014 11:28 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  ...

I knew it, you're Tyrion Lannister.

[Image: tyrion.png?w=604]

[Image: tumblr_inline_n47fsjAaUP1qm9y0a.gif]

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
23-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Hey just look at this way.. at least you don't have kids. With kids you have no money. With no money you have no where to go. With no where to go you make no friends and lose the ones you had before kids. Without friends you are forced into this life you speak of.

The moral of the story?

Don't have kids. Until you do... enjoy freedom. You'll wish you had a different perspective the minute you miss what you lost. Weeping
[+] 2 users Like dirtstar's post
23-12-2014, 01:08 PM
(23-12-2014 11:32 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 11:22 AM)freetoreason Wrote:  No, seriously, in the end it just isn't a good strategy. Because in the end relationships are our greatest defense against the absurdity of our lives. Tried the fool on the hill thing. Found out I was the fool, and it was cold up there. Because in the end the love you take really is equal to the love you make. Big Grin

Bad boy! Are you trying to wake Girly from his pre-christmas stupor?
Golden slumbers fill her eyes...sleep pretty Girly do not cry.
23-12-2014, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 02:04 PM by MPythonGirl.)
(23-12-2014 09:00 AM)CrazyBearFarm Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 12:00 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  If you hate people then why are you here? I would say you're a misanthrope-lite.

Well, am not without hope. Came here thinking I might find at least some worth talking too. But alas no. This entire thread is nearly completely full of inane dribble. Yet again, any attempt at social contact is a complete waste of time.

I get it. I'm not a misanthrope, or if I am I'm a 1-3 on a scale from 1-10. I think I'm just an Introvert with Asperger's Syndrome. You sound somewhere between 8 and 10 on a misanthrope scale. There is nothing wrong with that.

I will note, that this thread sounds a lot like threads where people say "asexuality/bisexuality/atheism doesn't exist." "You aren't really asexual, you just haven't found the right partner, yet." "You aren't really bi, you just want to be edgy/pretend you aren't completely gay," "You aren't really an atheist, you just hate God." I will concur, that it sounds like drivel. Mostly because I'm an aromantic demi-bi atheist. Demi-sexuals are only attracted to people they have a emotional bond with. Once I have an emotional connection, then the biosex doesn't matter so much. I am aromantic, so the emotional connection does not involve dating or telling me I am your world... that just freaks me out. Let's just cuddle while playing videogames. My Ideal situation is a Best Friend with all the Benefits.

Don't worry, not everyone is so far from your worldview that the Idea it exists forces them into denial. Most people just haven't thought about it, but I get it. I can go for weeks without leaving my house, or talking to people. I just get antsy around week 3. I can imagine someone getting antsy around year 20. It's not all that hard.

Besides, even if you are here for nothing more than mental stimulation, that doesn't mean you don't need mental stimulation. Even if we aren't really real (my last college roommate was a misanthrope, his best friend was on the internet, and he never wanted to meet her so she'd never be real enough for him to get sick of).

But seriously... people may come here for support, but do they really come here for social stimulation? It is not the same as sitting around and BSing with a friend.

Knights who say NI!
[+] 2 users Like MPythonGirl's post
23-12-2014, 02:17 PM
(23-12-2014 01:08 PM)freetoreason Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 11:32 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Bad boy! Are you trying to wake Girly from his pre-christmas stupor?
Golden slumbers fill her eyes...sleep pretty Girly do not cry.

I will kill you all. Angry

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-12-2014, 02:32 PM
(23-12-2014 11:55 AM)dirtstar Wrote:  Hey just look at this way.. at least you don't have kids. With kids you have no money. With no money you have no where to go. With no where to go you make no friends and lose the ones you had before kids. Without friends you are forced into this life you speak of.

The moral of the story?

Don't have kids. Until you do... enjoy freedom. You'll wish you had a different perspective the minute you miss what you lost. Weeping

Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man. Money can't buy me what my kids give me, not even close. I get YMMV. Mostly getting old and becoming responsible can make life feel boring for me, so I find ways to keep it interesting. Still, I need some excitement! Bring it Santa!

I'm having a hard time buying that isolation is good for anyone, but I'm willing to listen.
23-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Dig the raw version. Beautiful. Crazybear, you're gonna carry that weight a long time.