Discovery Channel's Shroud of Turin.....?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2012, 03:10 AM
Discovery Channel's Shroud of Turin.....?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyiZtagxX8

A friend of mine pointed me towards this video, and after watching it, I went onto the internet and started searching for articles refuting the thing, but the only things I have found, are people endorsing this. I'm at a loss on this one. The science behind it seems genuine to me. Can anyone help me with this one? Since I haven't really seen it used as an argument too often, I'm guessing it's been refuted, I've just been inable to find these refuting arguments....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2012, 06:33 AM
RE: Discovery Channel's Shroud of Turin.....?
(14-07-2012 03:10 AM)pppgggr Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyiZtagxX8

A friend of mine pointed me towards this video, and after watching it, I went onto the internet and started searching for articles refuting the thing, but the only things I have found, are people endorsing this. I'm at a loss on this one. The science behind it seems genuine to me. Can anyone help me with this one? Since I haven't really seen it used as an argument too often, I'm guessing it's been refuted, I've just been inable to find these refuting arguments....
Thoroughly debunked. Google "shroud carbon" or the like.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Fucker. I actually watched that crap. And one by BBC. Both specifically state that shit wasn't painted. Yet come to find out, the guy who discovered pigment on the damned thing was sworn to secrecy and drubbed off of the investigating team. Scandalous mofos, Christians. Tongue

Of course I never bought into it anyway. I'm an artist, and it's all fucked up, but I was thinking there was some kind of mystery involved... but the only mystery here is why you bothering us with this crap. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
14-07-2012, 08:29 AM
I laugh at there pathetic attempts to use the very thing (science) that is rapidly proving them wronger everytime.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
14-07-2012, 08:42 AM
I laugh at your lack of knowledge of the proper use of there and their. Big Grin

It's LJ's fault. Gonna be a grammar rant every day now. Evil_monster

...and what is a wronger? Is that a Limey term? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

14-07-2012, 08:43 AM
It's amazing to me how hard people work to prove their truth.

How many times are they going to find the ark? How many times will that find be disproved till the believers finally give it up.

The Shroud of Turin seems to be absolutely silly to me, the weight put on it's being a valid historical relic.

Find me somewhere that Jesus is mentioned in a contemporary history of the day and I might listen, for a minute.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Jesus, Johnny. Someone pee in your Cheerios this morning? Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-07-2012, 08:58 AM
(14-07-2012 08:55 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Jesus, Johnny. Someone pee in your Cheerios this morning? Tongue
I saved you some. Evil_monster

14-07-2012, 09:13 AM
It's all for television. They drag out the whole hour long program, when they could have just debunked it in 60 seconds.

I once say a program on how they may have found Noah's ark. Seriously???
14-07-2012, 09:22 AM
(14-07-2012 08:42 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I laugh at your lack of knowledge of the proper use of there and their. Big Grin

It's LJ's fault. Gonna be a grammar rant every day now. Evil_monster

...and what is a wronger? Is that a Limey term? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Believe it or not I used to write all prim and proper........but then I introduced the dots and got so lazy I believe I have actually forgotten how to write properly now.

The amount of squiggly red lines (indicating a spelling/punctuation mistake) under a lot of my words are starting to haunt me Evil_monster

My face says I dont give a fuck......... tis your problem Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post