Discovery Channel's Shroud of Turin.....?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2012, 09:45 AM
RE: Discovery Channel's Shroud of Turin.....?
(14-07-2012 09:22 AM)bemore Wrote:  My face says I dont give a fuck......... tis your problem Big Grin \

T'was a segue into a golden rule rant. If I gotta spend twenty minutes dicking with that stupid phone's virtual keyboard to produce properlly formatted structure, shouldn't I expect the same courtesy from you? Especially when you're using a real unit? And does your "don't give a fuck" attitude attest to your lack of observance of the golden rule? Hmmn? Evil_monster

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Can I get at least -ONE- article please? At least -ONE- piece of evidence to the contrary, rather than a load of ranting?
Find all posts by this user
14-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Motherfucker. You were done told to google "shroud carbon." What I did. Then I fucking ranted. Tongue

[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
14-07-2012, 03:10 PM
(14-07-2012 02:50 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  Can I get at least -ONE- article please? At least -ONE- piece of evidence to the contrary, rather than a load of ranting?
Don't you know how to use the internet? Consider

http://www.skepdic.com/shroud.html

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
14-07-2012, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2012 03:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(14-07-2012 03:08 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Motherfucker. You were done told to google "shroud carbon." What I did. Then I fucking ranted. Tongue
I watched that BBC BS. They called it a "doc". Bwahahaha. "Miraculously saved" from the fire, "linked" to that sudaria, (or whatever), by AB blood type, what a crock. There are a number of sites which summarize all the opinions, pro and con. It doesn't matter.

The thing is pppgggr, its' "grasping at straws". Even if it could be dated to the 1st century, it proves nothing. Many people were crucified. The fact that the image has also been found in other places, (the face), indicates it was "taken" from somewhere. (That face is all over the Byzantine world, and apparently in Rome). There is not now, nor ever will be anything "found", (an Ark, or whatever artifact) that will change the fact that "faith is a gift of the holy spirit"....get it ? NOTHING about reason will or can lead one to a position of faith. One has to choose to suspend reason, and accept "faith" as a "virtue", and then be (capritiously), granted that gift, (ie make the "leap".) THAT is THEIR theology, not mine.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
14-07-2012, 03:32 PM
(14-07-2012 09:45 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(14-07-2012 09:22 AM)bemore Wrote:  My face says I dont give a fuck......... tis your problem Big Grin \

T'was a segue into a golden rule rant. If I gotta spend twenty minutes dicking with that stupid phone's virtual keyboard to produce properlly formatted structure, shouldn't I expect the same courtesy from you? Especially when you're using a real unit? And does your "don't give a fuck" attitude attest to your lack of observance of the golden rule? Hmmn? Evil_monster
You mean this golden rule???

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcFeSb11YrOkfvVXNQddc...EpiFBYkaDM]

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
14-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Waah! No fair! Big Grin

I wuz all heated and stuff... that chilled me right out. Don't mind me, pppgggr, that fucking BBC shit spun my wheels. Chas linked up the one I used this morning. Have no clue how to post linky from the stupid phone. Mainly I just use it to look at my Gwynnies. Heart

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
14-07-2012, 05:28 PM
(14-07-2012 02:50 PM)pppgggr Wrote:  Can I get at least -ONE- article please? At least -ONE- piece of evidence to the contrary, rather than a load of ranting?
Since you asked so nicely, I'll get right on that.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy