Discussing religion on YouTube

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Discussing religion on YouTube
Hey there, folks.

So I've been browsing YouTube the other day and stumbled upon a video dealing with Creationism. I looked at the comments from Creationists beneath it and decided to send them a reply. This is one of the answers I got:

"u idiot there´╗┐ is proof that the earth is 6000 years old its in the bible go read it or are u just an iliterate fuck??? evolution is full of shit we cant coe from monkeys and if we did why are there still monkeys???????????? fuckn idiot"

The other replies were basically the same bullshit. Why is it that people on YouTube are that agressive and unwilling to discuss in a serious manner when their belief is being criticized? Is it just a phenomena occuring on that particular website or have you had the same experience elsewhere? Granted, our friend ST is a YEC as well, but at least he refrains from using ad hominems to defend his point most of the time.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2012, 12:17 PM
RE: Discussing religion on YouTube
If the first Americans came from England, then why is England still England......?

But i see it all the time on YouTube. Don't have much experience on other websites with YEC. I hope to get my discussion on this weekend at FreeOK 2012!
[+] 2 users Like Flying Spaghetti Monster's post
21-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Dood. Are you a frickin' n00b? Everybody knows youtube is troll central... Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2012, 12:21 PM
(21-06-2012 12:21 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Dood. Are you a frickin' n00b? Everybody knows youtube is troll central... Dodgy
Apparently, I am a frickin' n00b. Weeping

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
21-06-2012, 12:28 PM
(21-06-2012 12:21 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Dood. Are you a frickin' n00b? Everybody knows youtube is troll central... Dodgy

As am I....lol
21-06-2012, 12:28 PM
(21-06-2012 12:21 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
Apparently, I am a frickin' n00b. Weeping
Hug I wuz n00b over there a coupla years back. I would try to write stuff with thought and sincerity, and I'd think I'd get some back. I got something back, alright... Dodgy

Now I just imagine they're all bored kids with nothing better to do but troll each other. They may not be, but I don't stress it that way. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-06-2012, 10:35 PM
You found a creationist video with comments enabled? It's an atheist miracle.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 4 users Like Hafnof's post
21-06-2012, 11:10 PM
(21-06-2012 10:35 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  You found a creationist video with comments enabled? It's an atheist miracle.
Thumbsup That made me laugh!

With the atheist thing taking off the creationists, apologists, and presuppositionalists, have rallied together to bring misinformation to the masses.

I wouldn't be surprised if those comments are coming from people who have hovind, ray comfort, WLC dvds and watched them all.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
23-06-2012, 03:07 AM
Don't feed the trolls brah.

Would you expect someone of faith to not be stubborn when their religion itself is a religion of close minded laws and ideas set in stone
that are not meant to be debated or reasoned with? Thumbsup
24-06-2012, 05:41 PM
You might as well hit your head off a wall then try and debate with YouTube idiots.