Discussion With Lightvader
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2013, 12:29 AM

Discussion With Lightvader
This isn't meant to be a debate, but rather a one on one discussion without being buried in a thread of endless hyperbole. Lightvader had some excellent questions regarding the flood in the Noah's Ark thread and I would like to discuss these in a somewhat different fashion. Normally I would say the Bible says this, which the skeptic would completely disregard, because the Bible says it, and they would in turn respond to say Science says this which I would then completely disregard because I don't have the faith in science that the skeptic does. I'm going to paste Lightvader's post here for future reference and then devote the necessary time to each point individually.

If you accept this invitation, Lightvader, keep in mind the nature of the thread is more discussion than debate. I want us to try and learn about each of our differing positions.

Lightvader's Post

1. How did the millions of species fit in a boat?

2. How did Noah & family get exotic animals like polar bears, penguins, boa's, ect?

3. How did these exotic animals survive the temperatures? Penguins and polar bears for example.

4. How did he get the birds to join and not to fly out?

5. How did the carnivores survive?

Bring extra animals as food?

6. How did that many herbivores survive? Most herbivores tend to eat specific plants

7. How did they get a whale and other big fish in? And don't come with they could just survive the flood. They wouldn't. They would die of all the water cuz it would lower the salt content mixed in water. Come to think of it,how did they catch and transport it in the first place?

8. What did the animals eat after the flood? Most plants would have drowned ,so herbivores would have no food.

And all other animals except birds would have drowned ,so no food for carnivores.

9. How did all these animals spread all over the world?

10. So, a small group of people found 2 of every animal species,while scientist all over the world haven't discovered all species yet? Does that make sense?

11. How did so many people come out of 8 people (correct me if I'm wrong) in aprox. 4500 years? Lets say 80 generations.

12. If all people came from the survivors, it suggests incest. Is that morally right?

13. If it was through incest, wouldn't all people be limb and other handicaps thanx to inbreeding?

14. If this population came from 8 people,why do we have so many 'races' of people? Indian, Indonesian, Chinese, African, European have different genes and traits

15. So, Noah, a guy who was drunk and slept naked, and even cursed an innocent is chosen by god to survive? Why?
19-06-2013, 12:33 AM

RE: Discussion With Lightvader
Lightvader Wrote:1. How did the millions of species fit in a boat?

The Bible doesn't say anything about species. We have to distinguish the difference between the scientific term species and the Biblical term kind.

Roughly how many species of canines or dogs are there scientifically speaking?
19-06-2013, 12:37 AM
*whoa,didnt think i would get a chalenge this fast*
Ok,i accept. But i should warn you,i suck at debates.
And i do not have acces to the internet everyday,usually i am online every other day.
Shouldnt you be answering the questions given to you? Or am i wrong?

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
Find all posts by this user
19-06-2013, 12:41 AM
(19-06-2013 12:29 AM)David Lee Wrote:  This isn't meant to be a debate, but rather a one on one discussion without being buried in a thread of endless hyperbole. Lightvader had some excellent questions regarding the flood in the Noah's Ark thread and I would like to discuss these in a somewhat different fashion. Normally I would say the Bible says this, which the skeptic would completely disregard, because the Bible says it, and they would in turn respond to say Science says this which I would then completely disregard because I don't have the faith in science that the skeptic does. I'm going to paste Lightvader's post here for future reference and then devote the necessary time to each point individually.

If you accept this invitation, Lightvader, keep in mind the nature of the thread is more discussion than debate. I want us to try and learn about each of our differing positions.

science doesnt require faith. Science simply offers the truth,wich requires no faith

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
19-06-2013, 12:43 AM

(19-06-2013 12:37 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  *whoa,didnt think i would get a chalenge this fast*
Ok,i accept. But i should warn you,i suck at debates.

Good. I don't want a debate.

Quote:And i do not have acces to the internet everyday,usually i am online every other day.

Take your time. My posts won't go anywhere.

Quote:Shouldnt you be answering the questions given to you? Or am i wrong?

We will answer each others questions, if possible. Don't worry about that. Just take it nice and easy.
19-06-2013, 12:52 AM
(19-06-2013 12:33 AM)David Lee Wrote:  
Lightvader Wrote:1. How did the millions of species fit in a boat?

The Bible doesn't say anything about species. We have to distinguish the difference between the scientific term species and the Biblical term kind.

Roughly how many species of canines or dogs are there scientifically speaking?

1.A group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding

2.the lowest taxonomic rank,and the most basic unit of biological classification

3. An individual belonging to a group of organisms(or the entire group itself) having common characteristics and are (usualy) capable of mating with one another to produce fertile offspring.

In this case,as far as i know,there is one species dog,since they are capable of mating and producing fertile offspring

19-06-2013, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2013 01:03 AM by Lightvader.)
Just curious, what are the rules and what is the format of this discussion?

19-06-2013, 01:02 AM

(19-06-2013 12:52 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  1.A group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding

2.the lowest taxonomic rank,and the most basic unit of biological classification

3. An individual belonging to a group of organisms(or the entire group itself) having common characteristics and are (usualy) capable of mating with one another to produce fertile offspring.

In this case,as far as i know,there is one species dog,since they are capable of mating and producing fertile offspring

What about jackal, wolf and fox? They are all capable of mating and producing fertile offspring. So. What would Noah need for the ark? 2. Not 2 cocker spaniels, 2 doberman, 2 wolves and 2 jackals etc.
19-06-2013, 01:05 AM

(19-06-2013 12:56 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Just curious, what are the rules and what is the format of this discussion?

We are having an informal discussion. I say something, you say something. Don't think of it so much as a debate.
19-06-2013, 01:05 AM
(19-06-2013 01:02 AM)David Lee Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 12:52 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  1.A group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding

What about jackal, wolf and fox? They are all capable of mating and producing fertile offspring. So. What would Noah need for the ark? 2. Not 2 cocker spaniels, 2 doberman, 2 wolves and 2 jackals etc.

you could say not 2 cocker spaniels and 2 bulldogs,but the wolves ,jackals and dogs are different species. They cannot produce fertile offspring if they mate

Thread Closed