Discussion With Lightvader
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2013, 03:09 AM
RE: Discussion With Lightvader
(19-06-2013 01:11 AM)David Lee Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 12:41 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  science doesnt require faith. Science simply offers the truth,wich requires no faith

Truth is relative.NO! Truth is absulute. Give me atleast 1 logical argument or evidence why truth is relative

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
19-06-2013, 08:30 AM

(19-06-2013 03:09 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 01:11 AM)David Lee Wrote:  Truth is relative.NO! Truth is absulute. Give me atleast 1 logical argument or evidence why truth is relative

In your statement to which I said it would be an obvious example. You said "Science simply offers the truth."

I responded to this by saying truth is relative. Science is man's imperfect attempt at understanding the world around him. It is self correcting, and it is dependent upon debate. If it simply offered truth and truth were absolute then why would it need correction or inspire debate?

Part of the reason why I have a great deal of faith in the Bible and not so much faith in science is that the Bible is truth, and science is only an attempt at recognizing truth. Over 4,000 years ago Moses wrote the book of Genesis under divine inspiration. He explained that the light and the night were products of the luminaries in the sky. Thousands of years later, in the Dark Ages, science speculated that the day was a product of vapors coming from the sky and night was a product of vapors coming from the earth.

Everything you think you know about the truth of science today could be completely wrong thousands of years from now.
19-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Moses did not write the book of Genesis. Neither did he write anything else. The Book of Genesis is a compilation of traditions from the Northern and Southern Kingdoms, assembled by a ®edactor in Exile by the Hebrew priests. Neither did he write anything else. Moses is a complete myth. Most scholars agree and realized he could not have written it hundreds of years ago. TheConflictedGayTheist continues to demonstrate his complete and utter lack of even a basic knowledge of the Bible. But that is what one would expect from someone with no education. The Torah of Moses was unknown in Israel before the Prophet Ezra brought it back with him, along with the letter from Atraxerxes from Exile. There is no mention of it in Hebrew history prior to this point. No serious scholar today asserts "Moses wrote Genesis". That's simply 3rd Grade crap. Saying something like that would get TheConflictedGayThesit laughed off any mainline university campus in the entire world. Some passages refer to Moses in the third person, some used terms that a Moses would never have used, some describe places Moses never had been, some things reflect times and locales Moses had never seen. Not only did he not write Genesis, a mythical man named Moses did not write ANY of the Pentateuch, which is very easy to demonstrate.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-06-2013, 09:17 AM

(19-06-2013 01:57 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  and could you please also comment on the other questions?

Patience. We are almost done with the first question. We are doing excellent. What I wanted you to see in this first question is that faith needn't be blind, uninformed, ignorant or superstitious. To me, the Bible isn't just a collection of unsupported myths made up by some men thousands of years ago. It may not always agree with your science, but it does far more often than you might think.

On this one point you have been more carefully informed as to what the Bible says, and though that may not change your mind regarding the Bible itself and the flood, at least you are more informed in rejecting it. That is what is important to me. Not that you believe it blindly but you be more informed. There is certainly nothing wrong with being more informed about that which you reject.

You said you usually only post every other day . . . I will begin to address your second question later today. I have some things I have to do first.
19-06-2013, 09:21 AM

(19-06-2013 09:10 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Moses did not write the book of Genesis. Neither did he write anything else. The Book of Genesis is a compilation of traditions from the Northern and Southern Kingdoms, assembled by a ®edactor in Exile by the Hebrew priests. Neither did he write anything else. Moses is a complete myth. Most scholars agree and realized he could not have written it hundreds of years ago. TheConflictedGayTheist continues to demonstrate his complete and utter lack of even a basic knowledge of the Bible. But that is what one would expect from someone with no education. The Torah of Moses was unknown in Israel before the Prophet Ezra brought it back with him, along with the letter from Atraxerxes from Exile. There is no mention of it in Hebrew history prior to this point. No serious scholar today asserts "Moses wrote Genesis". That's simply 3rd Grade crap. Saying something like that would get TheConflictedGayThesit laughed off any mainline university campus in the entire world. Some passages refer to Moses in the third person, some used terms that a Moses would never have used, some describe places Moses never had been, some things reflect times and locales Moses had never seen. Not only did he not write Genesis, a mythical man named Moses did not write ANY of the Pentateuch, which is very easy to demonstrate.

Since you seem so desperate to talk to me, and most debates I have in the boxing ring end up being indirectly with you anyway, why not challenge me to a debate where something like this has any real bearing on the topic? It doesn't matter, really, who wrote the flood account. The account stands up of its own accord, ultimately. I happen to disagree with you and would be willing to debate it. But not in this thread with you.
19-06-2013, 09:35 AM
(19-06-2013 09:21 AM)David Lee Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 09:10 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Moses did not write the book of Genesis. Neither did he write anything else. The Book of Genesis is a compilation of traditions from the Northern and Southern Kingdoms, assembled by a ®edactor in Exile by the Hebrew priests. Neither did he write anything else. Moses is a complete myth. Most scholars agree and realized he could not have written it hundreds of years ago. TheConflictedGayTheist continues to demonstrate his complete and utter lack of even a basic knowledge of the Bible. But that is what one would expect from someone with no education. The Torah of Moses was unknown in Israel before the Prophet Ezra brought it back with him, along with the letter from Atraxerxes from Exile. There is no mention of it in Hebrew history prior to this point. No serious scholar today asserts "Moses wrote Genesis". That's simply 3rd Grade crap. Saying something like that would get TheConflictedGayThesit laughed off any mainline university campus in the entire world. Some passages refer to Moses in the third person, some used terms that a Moses would never have used, some describe places Moses never had been, some things reflect times and locales Moses had never seen. Not only did he not write Genesis, a mythical man named Moses did not write ANY of the Pentateuch, which is very easy to demonstrate.

Since you seem so desperate to talk to me, and most debates I have in the boxing ring end up being indirectly with you anyway, why not challenge me to a debate where something like this has any real bearing on the topic? It doesn't matter, really, who wrote the flood account. The account stands up of its own accord, ultimately. I happen to disagree with you and would be willing to debate it. But not in this thread with you.

Sorry, I didn't realize this was in the boxing ring, now. And no, I would never waste my time with the likes of an ignoramus such as yourself, with your absolute utter lack of even basic knowledge. You will no doubt create yet another sock-puppet, and disappear again, as soon as you realize you have lost. Never mind. Carry on.

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

19-06-2013, 09:39 AM

(19-06-2013 09:35 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 09:21 AM)David Lee Wrote:  Since you seem so desperate to talk to me, and most debates I have in the boxing ring end up being indirectly with you anyway, why not challenge me to a debate where something like this has any real bearing on the topic? It doesn't matter, really, who wrote the flood account. The account stands up of its own accord, ultimately. I happen to disagree with you and would be willing to debate it. But not in this thread with you.

Sorry, I didn't realize this was in the boxing ring, now. And no, I would never waste my time with the likes of an ignoramus such as yourself, with your absolute utter lack of even basic knowledge. Never mind. Carry on.

You've posted like 3 or 4 posts in this thread harassing me and you still don't know where the feck you are and I'm an ignoramous?!
19-06-2013, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2013 10:10 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-06-2013 09:39 AM)David Lee Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 09:35 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sorry, I didn't realize this was in the boxing ring, now. And no, I would never waste my time with the likes of an ignoramus such as yourself, with your absolute utter lack of even basic knowledge. Never mind. Carry on.

You've posted like 3 or 4 posts in this thread harassing me and you still don't know where the feck you are and I'm an ignoramous?!

Don't take it personally. YOU said it was not a debate. This is a public board. I will comment on any piece of shit you post, either here, or in a parallel commentary thread. You are posting crap in public. You are not being harassed. You are merely displaying your complete lack of education on a subject you keep pretending to know something about. If it's not a debate, it doesn't belong in the boxing ring. Just like your sock-puppetry, you think you can evade the rules of the board. The public internet is no place for discussions that one expects to keep "private. BTW, I DO NOT want to talk to you. I post only for passing guests. I point out BS that theists here post all the time. Don't take ANY post from me as a desire to engage with you.

19-06-2013, 10:48 AM
BB, please consider your point made. Personally I don't see this as a problem, but you are free to report it as such in the forum team section, in the meantime please observe the rules Smile As members of the forum DL and LV are entitled to the same treatment as the others.
19-06-2013, 05:26 PM

The second question was "How did Noah & family get exotic animals like polar bears, penguins, boa's, ect?"

We established in the first question that the biblical kinds needn't apply to each breed of species, so of the clean animals there were to be 7 and of the unclean animals 2. They wouldn't necessarily need polar bears but bears, and boa's but snakes or of fowl, those in each kind which could produce fertile offspring.
Thread Closed