Discussion on the invalidity of Mormonism

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
05-08-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: Discussion on the invalidity of Mormonism
(05-08-2015 11:28 AM)Alla Wrote:  goodwithoutgod, You lost. I won.

How do you figure? You keep on this thing abot the crocodile head and knife but he has asked you many, many other questions that you haven't eve begun to anwer. You don't win debates by ignoring the opponent's questions.

[Image: 5-Ds-of-Dodgeball.jpg]

You cant sqare this circle. These beliefs are, well, just a little....

[Image: th?id=JN.sPxau0P0ZIb1xsskQLgrYA&...mp;amp;P=0]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
05-08-2015, 04:50 PM

There there. Of course you did dearie, of course you did.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-08-2015, 04:52 PM
(05-08-2015 04:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

There there. Of course you did dearie, of course you did.

Sounds like COTW all over again, man, aren't they made for each other? lol

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
05-08-2015, 05:07 PM
(05-08-2015 04:52 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(05-08-2015 04:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There there. Of course you did dearie, of course you did.

Sounds like COTW all over again, man, aren't they made for each other? lol

I shudder to think of what their children would be like. Gasp

OHHH what would happend if they had a disagreement? You wouldn't have to worry about them hitting each other because their fingers would be in their ears.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
[+] 5 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
05-08-2015, 05:17 PM
[Image: Joesmith.jpg]

[Image: mormon-mag.jpg?w=620]

[Image: mormons-made-up.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 8 users Like Full Circle's post
05-08-2015, 05:58 PM
(05-08-2015 05:07 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(05-08-2015 04:52 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Sounds like COTW all over again, man, aren't they made for each other? lol

I shudder to think of what their children would be like. Gasp

OHHH what would happend if they had a disagreement? You wouldn't have to worry about them hitting each other because their fingers would be in their ears.

Brilliant! Laugh out load

Big Grin

Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
05-08-2015, 09:44 PM
Lanny D. Bell(SMART DUDE FROM THE VIDEO), "The Ancient Egyptian 'Books of Breathing,' the Mormon 'Book of Abraham,' and the Development of Egyptology in America,"
Quote:
Finally, we are prepared to deal with the questions surrounding the suggested phallus in P. JS I. Gee 1992, pp. 101-102, has already objected that there is not enough available space to reconstruct the Isis kestrel here. Let me state clearly at the outset my conviction that the questionable traces above the head of the Osiris figure are actually the remains of his right hand;

IN OTHER WORDS, Joseph Smith WAS CORRECT IN HIS UNDERSTANDING of the drawing AT THIS POINT.

If Bell changed his mind on one thing and first he said that Joseph Smith was wrong and later he said that Joseph Smith's "understanding was correct at this point" I have a reason to assume that he(Bell) can be wrong on other things.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
05-08-2015, 10:16 PM
(05-08-2015 09:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  Lanny D. Bell(SMART DUDE FROM THE VIDEO), "The Ancient Egyptian 'Books of Breathing,' the Mormon 'Book of Abraham,' and the Development of Egyptology in America,"
Quote:
Finally, we are prepared to deal with the questions surrounding the suggested phallus in P. JS I. Gee 1992, pp. 101-102, has already objected that there is not enough available space to reconstruct the Isis kestrel here. Let me state clearly at the outset my conviction that the questionable traces above the head of the Osiris figure are actually the remains of his right hand;

IN OTHER WORDS, Joseph Smith WAS CORRECT IN HIS UNDERSTANDING of the drawing AT THIS POINT.

If Bell changed his mind on one thing and first he said that Joseph Smith was wrong and later he said that Joseph Smith's "understanding was correct at this point" I have a reason to assume that he(Bell) can be wrong on other things.

You know what they say about when you assume something right? It makes as ass out of you and........well actually in this case, it's only you. Dodgy

Come on, Alla. Get off of this whole Egyptian translation thing. Let's say for one minute that Smith actually, in good, conscience, tried to translate the hieroglyphs and he was wrong. So what? That is not in any way even close to the inconsistencies in Mormonism GWG has pointed out because Smith, like many before him, unsuccessfully translated the glyphs. That again, is not even the crux of the argument. Please address the other myriad of questions GWG has posed that actually DO make a difference. I can't speak for everyone here but I am actually interested in what you have to say. So please quit beating this irrelevant horse and get on with it. If you drop it, I am willing to bet he won't bring it up again. Here is your chance to defend Mormonism and you are wasting it on a completely irrelevant thing. It is akin to a minister arguing what sandal size Jesus was. If this isn't what convinced you, then let it go.

- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
05-08-2015, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2015 10:25 PM by Alla.)
(05-08-2015 03:43 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  BoM says that the native Americans are descended from Hebraic(Semitic) origins?!

Where does Book of Mormon claim this?

05-08-2015, 10:25 PM
(05-08-2015 10:16 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(05-08-2015 09:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  Lanny D. Bell(SMART DUDE FROM THE VIDEO), "The Ancient Egyptian 'Books of Breathing,' the Mormon 'Book of Abraham,' and the Development of Egyptology in America,"
Quote:

You know what they say about when you assume something right? It makes as ass out of you and........well actually in this case, it's only you. Dodgy

Come on, Alla. Get off of this whole Egyptian translation thing. Let's say for one minute that Smith actually, in good, conscience, tried to translate the hieroglyphs and he was wrong. So what? That is not in any way even close to the inconsistencies in Mormonism GWG has pointed out because Smith, like many before him, unsuccessfully translated the glyphs. That again, is not even the crux of the argument. Please address the other myriad of questions GWG has posed that actually DO make a difference. I can't speak for everyone here but I am actually interested in what you have to say. So please quit beating this irrelevant horse and get on with it. If you drop it, I am willing to bet he won't bring it up again. Here is your chance to defend Mormonism and you are wasting it on a completely irrelevant thing. It is akin to a minister arguing what sandal size Jesus was. If this isn't what convinced you, then let it go.
I will get to it.
I just want to tell to GWG: If Egyptologist was wrong about one thing he can be wrong about more things.
Bell changed his mind. He said JS was correct.