Discussion on the invalidity of Mormonism

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
07-08-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Discussion on the invalidity of Mormonism
(07-08-2015 06:17 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 06:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Is it difficult to stay so diluted when reality has shown itself?

No, I drink plenty of water.

I'm fucking losing it.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2015, 06:21 PM
(07-08-2015 02:26 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I never said the guy was infallible, or to worship him, just that he had gotten a little glimpse of righteousness through Crist. Everyone sins, that's not the point. The point is to be aware of the difference, and work towards good for all minus self. In doing so self is taken care of by default. And if by some circumstance, it isn't, then you will be good to go anyway, because you practiced what you preached. Thanks. No one can ever be perfect. They can get really close for brief moments in this brief existence through Crist, selflessly under creation.

I didn’t know the former governor of Florida, Charlie Crist, was also a demigod. Consider The shit you learn on this forum. Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
07-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Just had a little agua myself. Thanks.
07-08-2015, 06:25 PM
(07-08-2015 06:21 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 02:26 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I never said the guy was infallible, or to worship him, just that he had gotten a little glimpse of righteousness through Crist. Everyone sins, that's not the point. The point is to be aware of the difference, and work towards good for all minus self. In doing so self is taken care of by default. And if by some circumstance, it isn't, then you will be good to go anyway, because you practiced what you preached. Thanks. No one can ever be perfect. They can get really close for brief moments in this brief existence through Crist, selflessly under creation.

I didn’t know the former governor of Florida, Charlie Crist, was also a demigod. Consider The shit you learn on this forum. Big Grin
Hardihardiharhar, Crist a nearly ascetic selfless lifestyle taught by Jesus of Nazareth, John the Baptist, Aroused and many others before the slaughter of all other interpretations of Christianity by the rcc and the crusades.
07-08-2015, 06:26 PM
Arius and many others.
07-08-2015, 06:30 PM
(07-08-2015 06:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Hardihardiharhar, Crist a nearly ascetic selfless lifestyle taught by Jesus of Nazareth, John the Baptist, Aroused and many others before the slaughter of all other interpretations of Christianity by the rcc and the crusades.

Citation?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
07-08-2015, 06:40 PM
(07-08-2015 05:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 03:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  Did you even read that post? Facepalm

Even if that were true, it has nothing to do with the DNA evidence.
That has little to do with anything. We all came from Africa at one time or another. The book of Enoch is from ancient Africa too.

Let's see. The Book of Enoch is likely not from Africa and it is dated to about 300BC, which is 100,000 years after humans migrated out of Africa.

Did you have a point you were trying to make?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Question for Alla: was the Jesus that appeared to the Natives the white one that I have seen depicted? I have only a remedial knowledge of Mormonism but in all of the paintings that I have seen depicting Jesus appearing to the Native Americans, he was caucasian. Don't you think that the natives would have recorded this in song or something that a white guy appeared out of nowhere? Additionally, as far as I am aware, the BoM also says that the tribes here and in South America had steel when in fact they didn't. (Certianly correct me if I am wrong if it doesn't say that) Also, wouldn't it also have been nice for Jesus to tell them about the wheel? Although to be fair, maybe he didn't want to share the wheel because then they could make an iron chariot.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
07-08-2015, 06:43 PM
(07-08-2015 06:21 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just had a little agua myself. Thanks.

So you're now diluted? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
07-08-2015, 07:23 PM
(07-08-2015 06:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 06:21 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Just had a little agua myself. Thanks.

So you're now diluted? Consider
Woe, mind blowing!!
Smile