Discussion on the invalidity of Mormonism

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
14-09-2015, 02:32 PM
RE: Discussion on the invalidity of Mormonism
GOODWITHOUTGOD:
In Mormonism, men and women have the potential of becoming gods.
ALLA:
False. Men and women are gods from the moment they are born in heaven as spirit children of God Elohim. They(Sons and Daughters of God) have the potential to become Gods.
There is bog difference between gods and Gods.

GWG:
President Lorenzo Snow said, "As god once was, man is. As God is, man may become." In order to reach this exalted state of godhood, a person must first become a good Mormon, pay a full ten percent tithe to the Mormon church, follow various laws and ordinances of the church, and be found worthy.
ALLA:
In order to reach this exalted state of godhood, person must first have faith in Jesus Christ, second repent, third be baptized, fourth receive gift of the Holy Ghost, fourth make covenants in the Temple of God, fourth endure to the end.

GWG:
At this point, they receive a temple recommend, whereupon the Mormon is allowed to enter their sacred temples in order to go through a set of secret rituals:
ALLA:
sacred rituals, not secret rituals. there is a difference between "secret" and "sacred"

GWG:
baptism for the dead, celestial marriage, and various oaths of secrecy and commitment.
ALLA:
false there are no oaths of secrecy.

GWG:
Additionally, four secret handshakes are taught so the believing Mormon, upon entering the third level of Mormon heaven, can shake hands with god in a certain pattern. This celestial ritual is for the purpose of permitting entrance into the highest level of heaven. For those who achieve this highest of heavens, exaltation to godhood awaits them.
ALLA:
Temple rituals are not for permitting entrance. They are for one purpose - to remind us what we MAY become IF we endure to the end.

GWG:
Then he or she will be permitted to have his or her own planet and be the god of his own world and the Mormon system will be expanded to other planets.
ALLA: id we endure to the end we will become Gods. Does it mean we will have our own planets? If GWG says we will, then we will have our planets. GWH knows it better.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2015, 02:41 PM
Alla, I think you're kind of adorable, but you ain't helping Mormonism's case. Just saying. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
14-09-2015, 02:43 PM
(10-08-2015 10:52 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  But he sure did well with the ladies. You gotta give him that.

No. Don't confuse prophecy with confidence.

OK, I wrote that with a straight face. Big Grin

14-09-2015, 02:53 PM
(14-09-2015 02:41 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Alla, I think you're kind of adorable, but you ain't helping Mormonism's case. Just saying. Angel

that's OK, there is no any Mormonism case.

14-09-2015, 03:04 PM
(14-09-2015 02:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  GOODWITHOUTGOD:
In Mormonism, men and women have the potential of becoming gods.
ALLA:
False. Men and women are gods from the moment they are born in heaven as spirit children of God Elohim. They(Sons and Daughters of God) have the potential to become Gods.
There is bog difference between gods and Gods.

GWG:
President Lorenzo Snow said, "As god once was, man is. As God is, man may become." In order to reach this exalted state of godhood, a person must first become a good Mormon, pay a full ten percent tithe to the Mormon church, follow various laws and ordinances of the church, and be found worthy.
ALLA:
In order to reach this exalted state of godhood, person must first have faith in Jesus Christ, second repent, third be baptized, fourth receive gift of the Holy Ghost, fourth make covenants in the Temple of God, fourth endure to the end.

GWG:
At this point, they receive a temple recommend, whereupon the Mormon is allowed to enter their sacred temples in order to go through a set of secret rituals:
ALLA:
sacred rituals, not secret rituals. there is a difference between "secret" and "sacred"

GWG:
baptism for the dead, celestial marriage, and various oaths of secrecy and commitment.
ALLA:
false there are no oaths of secrecy.

GWG:
Additionally, four secret handshakes are taught so the believing Mormon, upon entering the third level of Mormon heaven, can shake hands with god in a certain pattern. This celestial ritual is for the purpose of permitting entrance into the highest level of heaven. For those who achieve this highest of heavens, exaltation to godhood awaits them.
ALLA:
Temple rituals are not for permitting entrance. They are for one purpose - to remind us what we MAY become IF we endure to the end.

GWG:
Then he or she will be permitted to have his or her own planet and be the god of his own world and the Mormon system will be expanded to other planets.
ALLA: id we endure to the end we will become Gods. Does it mean we will have our own planets? If GWG says we will, then we will have our planets. GWH knows it better.

Blink

Shocking

Facepalm

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

[Image: 30w8a41.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
14-09-2015, 03:18 PM
GOODWITHOUTGOD:
2. The Nephites and Lamanites, the 2 Jewish groups that were opposed to each other, supposedly brought with them horses, sheep, cattle and a variety of grains and fruits. NONE of which were evident when the European explorers arrived. There was no knowledge or history of these animals among the Indians of that time.
ALLA:
Nephites and Lamanites are not 2 Jewish groups.

about horses: http://www.fairmormon.org/perspectives/p...-of-mormon

14-09-2015, 03:22 PM
(03-08-2015 02:47 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Opinions?

The more I read Alla's posts the more I think Mormons are just Buddhists wrapped up in some ridiculous Christian garb so they didn't get killed on their way to Utah. The idea that we are all gods in training smacks of the Buddhist concept of enlightenment and nirvana. And I think I could map the Mormon's different levels of heaven to the four noble truths and noble eightfold path. Someone has got to have noticed this before me. Ima gonna google.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-09-2015, 03:26 PM
GOODWITHOUTGOD:
BOM Specifics:
2 Nephi 2:25 Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.
False: Men exist without Adam's fall
ALLA:
on this Earth men exist because of Adam's fall.

GOODWITHOUTGOD:
Birth of Jesus
Alma 7:10 And behold, he shall be born of Mary, at Jerusalem which is the land of our forefathers, she being a virgin, a precious and chosen vessel, who shall be overshadowed and conceive by the power of the Holy Ghost, and bring forth a son, yea, even the Son of God.
CONTRADICTS Matt. 2:1, Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea Alma 7:10 contradicts the Bible in Matt. 2:1
ALLA:
There is no contradiction. In BoM it says " Jerusalem is THE LAND of forefathers, not "the city of forefathers"
Bethlehem was part of the land of Jerusalem. It is like smaller cities are part of big LA. BoM doesn't say that Jesus was born in the city Jerusalem.

14-09-2015, 03:29 PM
(14-09-2015 03:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  GOODWITHOUTGOD:
2. The Nephites and Lamanites, the 2 Jewish groups that were opposed to each other, supposedly brought with them horses, sheep, cattle and a variety of grains and fruits. NONE of which were evident when the European explorers arrived. There was no knowledge or history of these animals among the Indians of that time.
ALLA:
Nephites and Lamanites are not 2 Jewish groups.

about horses: http://www.fairmormon.org/perspectives/p...-of-mormon

So here's the core premise of that entire non-sensical article:

Quote: Perhaps the reformed Egyptian word for “horse” was expanded to include other animals that were in some way horse-like. The most likely animals to have been included in the expanded definition of the Book of Mormon “horse” are the deer and the tapir.

So there you go, believe it -or not. FacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
14-09-2015, 03:31 PM
(14-09-2015 03:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 02:47 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Opinions?

The more I read Alla's posts the more I think Mormons are just Buddhists wrapped up in some ridiculous Christian garb so they didn't get killed on their way to Utah. The idea that we are all gods in training smacks of the Buddhist concept of enlightenment and nirvana. And I think I could map the Mormon's different levels of heaven to the four noble truths and noble eightfold path. Someone has got to have noticed this before me. Ima gonna google.

I cannot help but like her... maybe she's a prophet. Consider

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post