Discussion with a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2017, 07:28 AM
RE: Discussion with a Christian
(13-10-2016 07:50 PM)goldenarm Wrote:  I've told my parents that I would talk to a Christian about my lack of belief as long as they understood their bible better than the average Christian. Pretty soon I will be meeting with a guy who used to be my parent's Pastor. He is intelligent and will prob be on a mission to convert me. He's not on a William Lane Craig level, but he's up there in terms of his bible knowledge so our discussion should be interesting.

I plan on approaching with, " What do you believe and why?. Why should I believe it?" Finally, I have some good arguments too incase they're needed. I will of course be open minded, but I don't want to get tricked either. Any advice?

What's the point? They all talk gibberish about "beleeeving", having faith and suchlike. They tell you stuff that isn't in the NT and they make stuff up as they go along. It's a headfuck.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Discussion with a Christian
Fuck that. Don't bother meeting with people like that. Word games and parlor tricks and loads of BS. Tell him if "God" wants you to be a Christian then god can tell you directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes treefireguy's post
06-08-2017, 06:42 PM
(06-08-2017 02:54 PM)treefireguy Wrote:  Fuck that. Don't bother meeting with people like that. Word games and parlor tricks and loads of BS. Tell him if "God" wants you to be a Christian then god can tell you directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's true.

" That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
06-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Turns out this thread goes back to late 2016 so...how did it go? Did you talk to wannabe William L Craig?
06-08-2017, 10:21 PM
(06-08-2017 06:51 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Turns out this thread goes back to late 2016 so...how did it go? Did you talk to wannabe William L Craig?

Actually, no. I can't even remember why, but I never got to it Consider

" That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens