Discussion with a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2016, 12:45 AM
RE: Discussion with a Christian
(18-10-2016 12:16 AM)theBorg Wrote:  We must not deny the Truth, just because we can not proof certain things.

You must not deny i am Superman, just because i can not prove it. Facepalm

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
18-10-2016, 06:45 PM
(18-10-2016 12:16 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(17-10-2016 08:20 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  ...........
How would this good pastor distinguish truth when he has bought hook , line and sinker into a view of reality as utterly subjective? What could the truth mean on such a view? .........

We must not deny the Truth, just because we can not proof certain things.

The fundamental theists say, what blood is real. The non-fundamentals say, what it is only the "holy wine".

The Reality exists, even without your knowledge of its existence.

And this does not answer my question. I know that the reality exists, even without my knowledge of it Borg. But that is not what this pastor's religion teaches. It teaches that "the reality" is the product of consciousness so that things don't exist unless some consciousness creates them. On such a view what could truth possibly mean but that which conforms to consciousness?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
18-10-2016, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2016 11:32 PM by theBorg.)
(18-10-2016 12:45 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 12:16 AM)theBorg Wrote:  We must not deny the Truth, just because we can not proof certain things.

You must not deny i am Superman, just because i can not prove it. Facepalm

"Kids", grow up! The Micky Mouse, the Superman, the Darth Wader, the Master Yoda, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the Russel's Teapot .... all have known source of existence: the human imagination, the human creativity.

One can trace the legacy of the Micky Mouse to the original author: Mr. Walt Disney.

19-10-2016, 12:55 AM
(18-10-2016 11:28 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 12:45 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  You must not deny i am Superman, just because i can not prove it. Facepalm

"Kids", grow up! The Micky Mouse, the Superman, the Darth Wader, the Master Yoda, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the Russel's Teapot .... all have known source of existence: the human imagination, the human creativity.

One can trace the legacy of the Micky Mouse to the original author: Mr. Walt Disney.
*spam video removed*

..just as we can trace back the authors of the bible.
Oh, and while you are at it: Prove to me that russels teapot does not exist. Drinking Beverage

19-10-2016, 03:07 AM

So this fuckwit now reckons—in order to justify his belief in the supernatural and paranormal—that one doesn't need to prove something that one claims as the absolute truth? Ergo, God can exist. End of story LOL.

Quote:The Reality exists, even without your knowledge of its existence.

Hmmm... solipsism syndrome? Seek help.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
19-10-2016, 06:16 AM
Micky Mouse is a Disney character.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
19-10-2016, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2016 07:50 AM by theBorg.)
(19-10-2016 12:55 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 11:28 PM)theBorg Wrote:  .....................
*spam video removed*

just as we can trace back the authors of the bible.

The Holy Bible is the word of the Holy Trinity. Thus, the trace goes beyond the natural realm.
19-10-2016, 07:48 AM
(19-10-2016 07:44 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 12:55 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  ..just as we can trace back the authors of the bible.
Oh, and while you are at it: Prove to me that russels teapot does not exist. Drinking Beverage

The Micky Mouse never meant to exist outside our imagination. Therefore, there is difference between the Micky and the Holy Trinity.

What's the difference? An anthropomorphic mouse makes more sense than an imaginary 3-in-one god concept.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
19-10-2016, 08:20 AM
Walt Disney told me Micky was real. He spoke to me in a vision. This is The Truth.
19-10-2016, 09:34 AM
(19-10-2016 07:44 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 12:55 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  ........
just as we can trace back the authors of the bible.
nonsense

..as usual Confused