Discussion with a Fundie about The OT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: Discussion with a Fundie about The OT
Aliza Wrote:I do understand that Christians think they’ve replaced the Jews as G-d’s chosen people. It’s just that I think the Christians are wrong
Yes, they are wrong and you are right. God did not replace the Jews with Christians. According to NT Christ's Church in the first century had a foundation - Twelve Apostles. All of them were Jews or may be from another tribe of Israel. So, all of them were from the house of Jacob. The Bible compares the house of Israel with olive tree. Olive tre has natural branches and grafted branches. Church of Christ in the first century was house of Israel(natural branches) + grafted branches from wild olive tree(Gentiles).
So, God did not replace house of Israel with Gentiles but let Gentiles to be grafted into good olive tree. Every Gentile who became member of Christ's Church became Israelite or belonged to seed of Jacob.

Christians who say that God replaced Jews with Christians are wrong and it is because they do not belong to true Church of Christ. They don't understand that God of Israel gave promise to his servant Jacob and God will never break His promise if His servants do not break their promises. Jacob did not break his promise.
God of Israel saves His lost sheep and He gathers them together now. They are scattered all over the world(10 lost tribes) and He brings them in one fold - Christ's true Church. Every Gentile who makes covenant with God of Israel becomes this grafted branch of good olive tree.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2015, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2015 06:23 PM by Free Thought.)
(30-10-2015 04:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Aliza Wrote:I’m not aware of anyone making the claim that Jesus wasn’t born Jewish. According to the descriptions provided in the New Testament, though, he wasn’t from the House of David. This fact in and of itself disqualifies Jesus as being a messianic contender.

according to what descriptions specifically Jesus was not from the house of David?

I'm far less knowledgeable than anybody here, so this is entirely guesswork; I'm guessing that one of the descriptions of Jesus not being of the House o' David would be the description that he has none of David's blood. Spermless production and all that.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
30-10-2015, 06:04 PM
(30-10-2015 05:52 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 04:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  according to what descriptions specifically Jesus was not from the house of David?

I'm far less knowledgeable than anybody here, so this is entirely guesswork; I'm guessing that one of the descriptions of Jesus not being oh the House o' David would be the description that he has none of David's blood. Spermless production and all that.
Jesus's mother could be of house of David. She had seed of David. She could be cousin of her husband Joseph.

30-10-2015, 06:22 PM
lol

as usual Alla gets an A for effort, a D for exegesis, and a resounding F for knowledge.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
30-10-2015, 06:24 PM
(30-10-2015 05:21 PM)Alla Wrote:  [quote="Aliza"]

Christians who say that God replaced Jews with Christians are wrong and it is because they do not belong to true Church of Christ. ........ Christ's true Church. .....

Never fails..."they aren't true christians, but I am" Laughat Rolleyes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
30-10-2015, 07:23 PM
(30-10-2015 06:24 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Never fails..."they aren't true christians, but I am" Laughat Rolleyes
Smile
There is a difference between "True Church of Christ" and "being true Christian".
Any person who believes in Christ and tries to be His follower can be called "true Christian". But not all true Christians belong to true Church of Christ.

Not all who belong to true Church of Christ can be called "true Christians".

30-10-2015, 07:24 PM
(30-10-2015 06:22 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  lol

as usual Alla gets an A for effort, a D for exegesis, and a resounding F for knowledge.

Big Grin

30-10-2015, 07:26 PM
(30-10-2015 06:04 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 05:52 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm far less knowledgeable than anybody here, so this is entirely guesswork; I'm guessing that one of the descriptions of Jesus not being oh the House o' David would be the description that he has none of David's blood. Spermless production and all that.
Jesus's mother could be of house of David. She had seed of David. She could be cousin of her husband Joseph.

Completely false.

1. Name one other Jew that was listed as having descended from a female line, in the Bible.

2. Mary did not have the "seed" of David. The Hebrew, (as well as all ancient people) thought the "baby" was whole and entire implanted in the fertile womb of the woman, by the male's sperm. They had NO IDEA of gametes and haplogenesis. They thought female traits were passed on by the comingling of blood from the mother during pregnancy and birth.

You are dead wrong.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-10-2015, 07:28 PM

Do we have any quotes from the NT that Jesus's mother was not from the house of David? or that she was not Joseph's cousin besides that she was his wife?
Jesus had mortal mother. He got from her mortal body and seed of Abraham (which is very important), and seed of Jacob(very important) and seed of Judah (very important) and seed of David(very important).

30-10-2015, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2015 07:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-10-2015 07:28 PM)Alla Wrote:  

Do we have any quotes from the NT that Jesus's mother was not from the house of David? or that she was not Joseph's cousin besides that she was his wife?
Jesus had mortal mother. He got from her mortal body and seed of Abraham (which is very important), and seed of Jacob(very important) and seed of Judah (very important) and seed of David(very important).

As usual, complete BULLSHIT.
How EXACTLY, did she get this "seed" ? They had NO NOTION of science as we do today. (Clearly you are totally ignorant of ancient cultures). I already told you the "seed" comes from the FATHER. What is it about that you can't get ? Matthew's entire first chapter is concerned with establishing that Jesus was from the line of David through JOSEPH, then at the end, says he wasn't. Woops.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.