Discussion with a muslim( Prepare for stupidity.)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2012, 06:37 AM
RE: Discussion with a muslim( Prepare for stupidity.)
(05-07-2012 10:50 PM)SlipStitch Wrote:  I've had discussions with several Muslims, as there is a growing number of them in my area currently. All of them have been female. And none of them have been rational. I never had any success, though I can't say I ever expected to have any. But, I hope that you can at least plant of seed of doubt in her mind.
It is simply not possible for a rational woman to be a Muslim.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
07-07-2012, 10:11 AM
It is amazing that Muslim women believe that god created them as second class citizens.
Do they not get that "men" wrote the Koran?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
07-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Atheist Wrote:I will not believe until they have proved that there is a God.

Theist Wrote:Thanks a lot for responding and giving me the chance to discuss my faith with you.

Atheist Wrote:In order to convince me that God exists, you, or any of your brothers and sisters in faith, will have to show me that God exists, and that he is exactly YOUR God.

You can't have a successful conversation that way.

The discussions between theists and atheists have to be about belief and lack thereof, because that is what is separating the two groups. "Why do you believe?" is the question. Atheists say they don't believe because there is no legitimate reason to believe that God actually exists. Theists tend to accept that and say they just have faith with the rest tending to be pointless, invalid attempts at justifying that faith to themselves, others of faith, and people who don't care.

Ultimately, as an atheist, you have to switch the conversation to revolve around why the theists has chosen faith over reason, and then you'll find out if the conversation is actually worth having.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
[+] 1 user Likes TrulyX's post
07-07-2012, 12:20 PM
(07-07-2012 10:11 AM)Thomas Wrote:  It is amazing that Muslim women believe that god created them as second class citizens.
Do they not get that "men" wrote the Koran?
A month ago in a library I got "shushed", when I laughed out loud. I picked up Aquinas' Compendium, and read something about Eve initiating the apple thingy because "the light of reason shone 'less brightly' in her". Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post