Discussion with a muslim( Prepare for stupidity.)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2012, 02:30 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 02:56 AM by Atothetheist.)
Discussion with a muslim( Prepare for stupidity.)
Hello all, I am in contact with a woman who is a muslim, and wanted to talk about faith. I gladly agreed, so We started it, but here is the thing..... They are making me facepalm soo much. It started like this
Quote:HER: Hi, how are you?? I hope you're fine.. I'm a Muslim girl from S.A. I was just wondering why did you leave Christianity ?? Why are you an atheist now?? what are your beliefs as an atheist ?? by the way here is my e-mail if you want to discuss anything with me
Me:Hello, I am doing fine.

Thank you for taking the time to message me and I will now hopefully enlighten you.
I left christianity because it made assumptions, that is not backed up by evidence. Christianity, and the Islamic faith ( I only mention it because you are Muslim) posits a being, and assert this being exists, and that it is exactly their God that exists. I have decided, that I will not believe until they have proved that there is a God, or god, and that their God ( or yours) is the right one to worship.

If you want, I would like to discuss with you, and I am very curious about your faith. Email me at

HER: Thanks a lot for responding and giving me the chance to discuss my faith with you ..
first of all There is something I want to correct
You've said :
I will not believe until they have proved that there is a God, or god, and that their God ( or yours) is the right one to worship.
According to my religion we believe that our God is one ..
But you're thinking that Christians God is different than Muslims God .. no brother .. you're wrong .. our God is one ..
I'll try to make things clear ..

Christians are worshipping 3 gods .. Father in heaven , Jesus peace be upon him ,and the holy ghost..

Muslims worship one God .. whom those Christians call .. Father in heaven only without associating others in worshipping with him .. so we don't believe in Jesus and the holy ghost as gods.. but we respect all prophets.. we consider Jesus peace be upon him as a prophet.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."John 17: 3

"Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me". John 7:16

This is our faith : we believe in Allah as the only true God who is in heaven .. & Jesus(pbuh) as a messenger of God ..
we love him .. we consider him as our prophet's brother.. and we believe in all prophets.. we consider them all as Muslims .. Muslims are those who submitted to God .. ISLAM means submission and surrendering to one true God .. all prophets came with the same message of Islam .. all prophets asked their people to worship one God only .. not 3in 1
Read this :

this the message of Jesus Christ & Moses peace be upon them

- "And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord " Mark 12: 29
, << Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve>> .
Matthew 4:10
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD>> :<<
Deuteronomy 6:4

Now from the Quran – Muslims holy book- read this

"Say: "What has come to me by inspiration is that your God is One God: will ye therefore bow to His Will (in Islam)?"

Al-Anbya'a "THE PROPHETS "21:108

"Say ye: "We believe in God, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to God (in Islam)."
Al-Baqarah"THE COW" 2:136

So the one who sent Moses, Abraham, Noah, Jesus ,and Mohammad – peace be upon them all is one .. with the same message.. to worship one God .. by the way : there is a verse in the bible which says that those 3gods are one .. but this verse is added to the word of God .. Jesus Christ doesn't know about it .. by the way : Jesus religion wasn't Christianity. Jesus was known as Messiah in both Aramaic and Hebrew language.. people translated Messiah to Christ long after Jesus.. then , they called his religion Christianity.. so if Jesus never heard the word Christ in his life how do they say that his religion is Christianity ????
Something else : Christianity as a religion isn't mentioned in the bible at all..
I don't understand how do they say that the bible is word of God .. and Christianity is the religion that God Has accepted if the name of their religion isn't mentioned in their bible ??
any way:

We also believe that the bible isn't completely word of God.. but it has some words of God .. and some words added by men
Let me explain this :
In the bible : Jesus-pbuh- is a god, son of God, prophet, a man , son of man, he doesn't have a father but David is his father .and God also is his father..
In the Quran : Jesus is a man, son of Mary –peace be upon her- , a prophet, and he doesn't have a father at all..
He is not a god or son of God..
He Is not son of David..
What do you think is more logical ??
The Bible or the Quran ??
As Muslims we believe that the Jews & the Christians changed the word of God by adding and removing things from words of God .. that's why you feel that it is not logical ..
That's why God Has sent prophet Mohammad- pbuh- to confirm the true word of God in the bible like the one who should be worshipped..
And to leave things that men had added like the verses which talked about trinity .. and he warned people from associating others with God in worshipping like Jesus-pbuh- and the holy ghost ..

In the holy Quran God Has said :
"It is not (possible) that a man, to whom is given the Book, and Wisdom, and the prophetic office, should say to people: "Be ye my worshippers rather than God's": on the contrary (He would say) "Be ye worshippers of Him Who is truly the Cherisher of all: For ye have taught the Book and ye have studied it earnestly."
Nor would he instruct you to take angels and prophets for Lords and patrons. What! would he bid you to unbelief after ye have bowed your will (To God in Islam)?
Al- Imran 3:79-80
would he instruct you to take angels and prophets for Lords
Angles like the holy ghost.. prophets like Jesus –pbuh-

Any way I just want you to listen to this carefully..
maybe you won't understand anything .. It's o.k.
I just want you to listen..
and please tell me how did you feel after listening ??? what do you think this might be ??

http://youtu.be/6pO6et-8nDE

if you have any Question or if you felt that anything I 've said isn't logical let me know.. and please feel free to ask ..
God bless you brother..

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2012, 04:07 AM
RE: Discussion with a muslim( Prepare for stupidity.)
Jesus Christ. Peace be upon him... What?? For fuck sake. So, you just told her that you do not believe in ANY gods, yet she gave you all these nice little NOT evidences to see how Islam is more logical than Christianity.

Tell me, my friend, why do you even start this talks? You do realise she is just going to try and convert you to Islam and we all know how that is going to turn out. Run away from this, run, before you loose your head in this BULLSHIT.

Not only that she is a Muslim, but SHE (as a woman) is a Muslim. I can even understand why a man would want to be a Muslim, but a woman? WTF, they don't get all these man's benefits, they must cover their heads/bodies, must obey, listen and be quiet... So, there is something extremely wrong with every woman that chooses Islam with her own free will, specially if she is preaching her faith to others, that means she is devoted to her faith.

I think that any woman that willingly accepts Islam should not be allowed to vote. Or have kids. Or breathe air.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post
04-07-2012, 04:46 AM
Islam is a moon god cult. They will never admit it, but historically they have no relationship to Yahweh.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...t=moon-god

I asked a Muslim once, "why do you have to keep saying that 'peace be upon him' ? Are you afraid he's not at peace ?" He laughed. It's superstition.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-07-2012, 04:57 AM
(04-07-2012 04:07 AM)Filox Wrote:  Jesus Christ. Peace be upon him... What?? For fuck sake. So, you just told her that you do not believe in ANY gods, yet she gave you all these nice little NOT evidences to see how Islam is more logical than Christianity.

Tell me, my friend, why do you even start this talks? You do realise she is just going to try and convert you to Islam and we all know how that is going to turn out. Run away from this, run, before you loose your head in this BULLSHIT.

Not only that she is a Muslim, but SHE (as a woman) is a Muslim. I can even understand why a man would want to be a Muslim, but a woman? WTF, they don't get all these man's benefits, they must cover their heads/bodies, must obey, listen and be quiet... So, there is something extremely wrong with every woman that chooses Islam with her own free will, specially if she is preaching her faith to others, that means she is devoted to her faith.

I think that any woman that willingly accepts Islam should not be allowed to vote. Or have kids. Or breathe air.

Big Grin
Just wait... It gets better... She responded to my response... I will try to post them later once I come up with a big big facepalm

04-07-2012, 05:15 AM
Don't forget to put your response first...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
04-07-2012, 05:57 AM
Here was my responce... I should have given it more time, but I was annoyed:

Me: Well, to be fair, I should have elaborated. I am talking about their point of views. In order to convince me that God exists, you, or any of your brothers and sisters in faith, will have to show me that God exists, and that he is exactly YOUR God. You say you worship the same God Christians wirship, the Father. It makes no difference to me whether or not you say you worship the same God, they have a different perspective of worshipping God.

You have to prove to me that the perspective of Allah(God) is correct.

As to the question of the virgin birth. It seems to me that you do not know that David is NOT considered the father of Jesus, in ANY way. Joseph has got that role as a step-parent.

David is only mentioned because Joseph was related to the king, and a prophecy in the Bible says that the messiah, or the savior, will come from the line of David.

What do I think is more logical? Two fathers or none? Well, I don't think either one is true simply because it HASN'T been proven to have happened.

You and me are in agreement on one thing. Christians do worship more than one God, but their theology states that they don't because God the father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost, are the same being, just in a different body.

Just because Christianity isn't mentioned in the Bible, that doesn't forfeit Christianity in ANY way because you have yet to Prove the Quran(and I am sorry if I am butchering spelling) is correct.

A comment of the video. While I am sure it has a special meaning to you, I didn't feel anything while listening to it. Even If I did, It would not prove ( to me) that your God exists, just like if I watch a movie, and am impressed, I wouldn't think that movie was based off real life.

04-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Good luck with all that. If your aim is to get her to think more rationally, you might introduce her to some detective stories, or make one up. Get her to ask you questions. Let's say that you both are trying to solve a murder mystery, a who done it ? Make an e-mail role playing event in which she has to find clues and you will reveal certain information to her as she asks questions.

I think the more you can get someone to ask questions, the more they will begin to use their brain analytically.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
04-07-2012, 06:28 PM
What she is actually trying to say is, turn your reason filter to the off position and read the Koran. That's where she is. Then you'll see the truth as she see it. Unless you can get her to turn her reason filter back on you have no chance to reason with her.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 3 users Like Thomas's post
05-07-2012, 10:50 PM
I've had discussions with several Muslims, as there is a growing number of them in my area currently. All of them have been female. And none of them have been rational. I never had any success, though I can't say I ever expected to have any. But, I hope that you can at least plant of seed of doubt in her mind.
[+] 1 user Likes SlipStitch's post
05-07-2012, 11:10 PM
(04-07-2012 06:28 PM)Thomas Wrote:  What she is actually trying to say is, turn your reason filter to the off position and read the Koran. That's where she is. Then you'll see the truth as she see it. Unless you can get her to turn her reason filter back on you have no chance to reason with her.
And that is exactly the point, and "they" also (actually) agree with Thomas. They (theists) say faith is a gift. It is one of the seven, or ten, (depending on who's counting), (virtues) .. "gifts" of their spirit. There is nothing in reason which actually bridges the gap. A "leap" is necessary. The "leap" of faith. They say reason can position one for the leap, but it is not enough for the leap. Therefore all the "reasonable faith" bullshit is actually ignorance of (their own) Theology. By their own Theology, it not an inevitable intellectual position, (conclusion). It's a "gift". Why some are given the gift, and some are not, is problematic.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Muslim teacher takeover? Bows and Arrows 36 740 15-06-2014 06:43 AM
Last Post: Anna
  More government stupidity Impulse 15 359 06-06-2014 11:32 AM
Last Post: Impulse
  Respectful religious discussion in ventrilo adrenbey 9 217 12-05-2014 07:28 PM
Last Post: Gaest
  An intellectual discussion on the RCC or Ripping Catholic dogmas a new one Full Circle 40 661 22-04-2014 09:18 PM
Last Post: Banjo
  This week's discussion in my christian vision class goodwithoutgod 8 211 25-03-2014 08:44 PM
Last Post: Mark Fulton
  Open Discussion Onlinewatcher 27 714 16-02-2014 01:20 AM
Last Post: toadaly
  Interesting Discussion About Religion and Human Nature With Buddhist Roommate WindyCityJazz 5 242 28-12-2013 10:28 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird