Discussions of the various youtube atheists/theists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Discussions of the various youtube atheists/theists
I'm assuming this forum is created by/for the youtube user TheThinkingAtheist... or perhaps it's just a coincidence and I'm mistaken. Regardless, I thought I'd discuss the other god oriented youtubers that I frequent.

TheThinkingAtheist: With a smooth voice worthy of a Jazz radio show and resembling the oh-so entertaining Limbaugh, TTA's cartoonish visuals and upbeat, almost comedic tone make every video watchable. Like watching Carl Sagan on acid.

TheAmazingAtheist: If you can get past the fact that you have to watch a portly fellow rock back and forth like a PTSD victim for 15 minutes, TAA's rant's are usually synched with my own psyche, and I'm an angry fellow so I can connect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXcHV_zTNBs

MrsBettyBowers: You just.. have to watch her for the description. Satirical brilliance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lJWIPkxB...re=channel

EdwardCurrent: Continuing with the satire, the best part of EC is that he's so good that the bulk of the commenters don't realize it's satire. It also follows in the same cartoonish visuals as ThinkingAtheist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glRAN_8Ck...re=channel

As far as theists I occasionally check out... it's just ShockofGod and Reza Aslan.

Shock uses misquotes and out of reference quotes to make his ridiculous questions look legit and make himself look good. He bans anyone who tries to use logic from his boards, and it's been suggested that the few "atheist" comments that do get through are so clueless and worthless that it's actually SoG on another account posing as an atheist so he can counter it. I frequent his channel for the same reason I listen to Rush Limbaugh; for a laugh.

And the only reason I watch Reza is because he debated Sam Harris once, though he seems to be in denial of the actual Muslim culture and living conditions.

Seriously, are there any "watchable" theist channels out there?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2010, 12:10 AM
RE: Discussions of the various youtube atheists/theists
djarm67 was a watchable theist except that today he announced he's now an atheist. I believe andromedas wake was also a theist at one time but has seen seen the light - or lost the light - or seen the darkness or whatever, he's an atheist now.
Non-stamp collector and darkmatter2525 are two great channels.
I also love former Catholic priest now atheist, Edward Tarte.
Also, if you heard the last Thinking Atheist podcast, you were introduced to Mr Deity - hilarious and smart.
evid3nc3 is the greatest deconversion series in the history of the world.
A few others I like, ozmoroid, ProfMTH, philhellenes, 43alley, ZOMGitsCriss, theoreticalbullshit

A few smaller channels I like ; Dannypantsgm, themudbrooker, nelliediddle, thelizardlass, dhorpatan and of course me.

As for theists worth a shit, the only one is Veritas48, but he may have quit, I'm not sure.
18-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the amazing Atheist is a total and utter jerk. The guy never seems to make any intelligent points until he sits down live in front of his camera for a few hours. Most of the time he posts crap just for the sake of getting people pissed off.

I just don't see why people subscribe to his channel.
18-11-2010, 12:41 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2010 01:23 AM by Buddy Christ.)
Well the majority of his posts are about current events and our culture... and it's really hard to not get pissed when discussing the merits of Bieber or Gaga. He simply carries the rage that accompanies all atheists who live in a society that believe in an ancient mandate, intellectually equivalent to that of 2 + 2 = 5.

And I find he makes plenty of cogent points, but you probably reject them because they don't coincide with your own beliefs. For instance in responding to SoG's "question to atheists" , he does a very nice job of demonstrating that you can't prove a negative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NviLvMRbG...re=related

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
18-11-2010, 01:16 AM
like I said he does prove his points now and then. But you will forgive me when I say that Shock of God is hardly ever taken seriously by anyone with a brain.

Debunking SoG is like playing kindergarten football as an adult. It's child's play.

Compare that with his video for example of breaking all 10 commandments and shouting it to the heavens that he has not been smitten. I'm sorry but the guy picks his targets and the rest of the time acts like a jerk.

His movie reviews on that guy with the glasses however are quite awesome.
18-11-2010, 01:53 AM
The amazing atheist is like.... Epic.

I can't believe I never watched his videos before xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
18-11-2010, 08:19 AM
TheAmazingAtheist is totally hilarious, but his "serious" videos - when he's commenting on social issues - tend to be very hit-or-miss for me. I either totally agree or totally disagree.

Other than him, I've subscribed to thunderf00t (who, despite the Islam drama, remains my most admired YouTuber), potholer54 (there is no one better at debunking creationist junk, except perhaps the aforementioned thunderf00t), C0nc0rdance, and, of course, our own TTA.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
18-11-2010, 09:09 AM

(18-11-2010 12:25 AM)Godless Wrote:  Am I the only one who thinks the amazing Atheist is a total and utter jerk. The guy never seems to make any intelligent points until he sits down live in front of his camera for a few hours. Most of the time he posts crap just for the sake of getting people pissed off.

I just don't see why people subscribe to his channel.
You are not the only one of this opinion regarding the amazing atheist. If anything it's almost like he's a closet theist trying to give us a bad name. Jerk, is a great four letter word start to describe him. Dodgy
Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2010, 01:12 PM
I think he's supposed to be a jerk, like most other popular youtubers.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
18-11-2010, 03:04 PM
(18-11-2010 12:10 AM)gamutman Wrote:  djarm67 was a watchable theist except that today he announced he's now an atheist. I believe andromedas wake was also a theist at one time but has seen seen the light - or lost the light - or seen the darkness or whatever, he's an atheist now.
Non-stamp collector and darkmatter2525 are two great channels.
I also love former Catholic priest now atheist, Edward Tarte.
Also, if you heard the last Thinking Atheist podcast, you were introduced to Mr Deity - hilarious and smart.
evid3nc3 is the greatest deconversion series in the history of the world.
A few others I like, ozmoroid, ProfMTH, philhellenes, 43alley, ZOMGitsCriss, theoreticalbullshit

A few smaller channels I like ; Dannypantsgm, themudbrooker, nelliediddle, thelizardlass, dhorpatan and of course me.

As for theists worth a shit, the only one is Veritas48, but he may have quit, I'm not sure.

Sir, you and I share almost the same subscriptions. Gives me a warm squishy feeling.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.