Dishonest Commercial About Einstein Defending Religion Against Atheist Teacher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Dishonest Commercial About Einstein Defending Religion Against Atheist Teacher
I don't recall if this has been discussed on here before, but there is a video making the rounds on Facebook and other social media sites. I'm sure some of you have come across this yourselves. The commercial portrays a young Albert Einstein "schooling" his atheist teacher. It is, of course, completely untrue. There is no evidence whatsoever that this exchange ever took place. The notion that an atheist teacher went preaching to his students that their is no god back in those days is hardly believable in itself, considering how strong religion was at that time. Any teacher who did such a thing would have been canned in the blink of an eye.

It is deceptive crap like this that drove me away from religion. Why do Christians constantly have to lie and try to deceive people if their religion is right?

Here is a You Tube link to the commercial:

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
12-09-2014, 04:39 PM
RE: Dishonest Commercial About Einstein Defending Religion Against Atheist Teacher
My sister posted this propaganda on facebook, I posted this verse - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 31:1-2

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
12-09-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: Dishonest Commercial About Einstein Defending Religion Against Atheist Teacher
And then Einstein grew up and began to think more rationally than he did as a child. First off cold is not the absence of heat. Cold is a feeling we define as being a temperature that is less than our own body temperature. We can also say that a certain range of temperatures are cold. Since heat is motion, the absence of heat would be absolute zero and in this swirling bubbling brew of virtual particles we live in, its really hard to have an absence of motion.

Darkness is not the absence of light because darkness exists even when you flood a room with light. Its like saying if you throw lots of baseball's in a stadium that there is no air and the absence of moving baseball's is air. The air like the darkness is always there no matter if things are moving through it or not.

Evil is lying to people and using a brilliant man's name to create a fictional event to propagate even more lies about fictional people and a fictional god.

A creator of evil is an evil creator

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
13-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Been gone for a bit, but I had to post on this. This tripe has been around for a long time and every once in a while it returns for the stoopid people. For those who may remember, I had a series of debates with my SIL over the past year and I destroyed her POV every time. Well, she once posted this on her FB timeline, and when my wife pointed out just how ridiculous it was and proved it was false, my SIL said it was true to her, to which I almost laughed myself out of my bed. So typical of a brainwashed Christian. Ignore the facts and believe the lie regardless of the truth staring you in the face.

Here's the Snopes link for you: http://www.snopes.com/religion/einstein.asp

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
13-09-2014, 10:38 PM
(12-09-2014 04:39 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  My sister posted this propaganda on facebook, I posted this verse - I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 31:1-2

Actually, the quote you are looking for is Isaiah 45:7, Not 31:1-2

31:1-2 states that

Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help
And rely on horses,
And trust in chariots because they are many
And in horsemen because they are very strong,
But they do not look to the Holy One of Israel, nor seek the Lord!
2 Yet He also is wise and will bring disaster
And does not retract His words,
But will arise against the house of evildoers
And against the help of the workers of iniquity.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
14-09-2014, 04:15 AM
(12-09-2014 04:26 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Why do Christians constantly have to lie and try to deceive people if their religion is right?

Because it's not. To defend a lie, you yourself must lie.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 2 users Like One Above All's post
14-09-2014, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2014 07:19 AM by ZeroX3.)
Correct me if i am wrong, but i think he used to believe in God back then. Which he later changed into "A strong religious non-believer" (Agnosticism)
"Earlier note was Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame"
"Latest note was that he found the idea of a personal god kinda silly"
Some have argued and said he falls into Pantheism. But ey, Einstein was a smart mathematician atleast.

Edit: But to answer some of the stuff in the video and not Einstein himself. According to the bible God creates darkness "Isaiah 45:7". So the argument that darkness does not exist, well then thats void according to the bible.

And if anyone is interested to look at the archaeological findings, to see historic evidence vs stories from a book to match or not. Well here are real archaeologists. Not speaking of frauds "Ron Wyatt" but other professionals.
http://youtu.be/IF9gfPXUwD4
14-09-2014, 05:04 PM
(14-09-2014 07:07 AM)ZeroX3 Wrote:  Correct me if i am wrong, but i think he used to believe in God back then. Which he later changed into "A strong religious non-believer" (Agnosticism)

He also stated that he did not believe in a personal god. In my book that is an atheist.

(14-09-2014 07:07 AM)ZeroX3 Wrote:  "Earlier note was Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame"

He also referred to the word "religious" as appreciation for the universe as far as science can understand it.

(14-09-2014 07:07 AM)ZeroX3 Wrote:  "Latest note was that he found the idea of a personal god kinda silly"
Some have argued and said he falls into Pantheism. But ey, Einstein was a smart mathematician atleast.

He was, although i believe he did deny such, a pantheist. He has also been quoted as a "follower of Spinoza" who is the most common name when referring to pantheism. The only other well-known names are either Stephen Hawking and Einstein himself.
So I conclude Einstein was a pantheist.
P.S. He was a physicist as well as a mathematician.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
14-09-2014, 05:14 PM
I'd love to see a parody of this where a skeptic kid completely decimates a Sunday School teacher's arguments.

"And that kid? Pope Francis. "

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 4 users Like CleverUsername's post
14-09-2014, 05:23 PM
(14-09-2014 05:14 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I'd love to see a parody of this where a skeptic kid completely decimates a Sunday School teacher's arguments.

"And that kid? Pope Francis. "

Somebody needs to make this video. NOW.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.