Dishonored vs Skyrim and Oblivion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: Dishonored vs Skyrim and Oblivion
Whatever you do, when you play Dishonored DO NOT KILL EVERYONE

SERIOUSLY

Stealth is not my best trait in this game. Assassin's Creed is so much easier, Dishonored is just a pain in the ass. It's best not to kill everyone, but it's so convenient to because it's so hard to remain undetected and keep them alive.

Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2013, 10:32 PM
If youre looking for a sandbox style game try Dragon's Dogma.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
01-12-2013, 10:38 PM
(01-12-2013 10:23 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Whatever you do, when you play Dishonored DO NOT KILL EVERYONE

SERIOUSLY

Stealth is not my best trait in this game. Assassin's Creed is so much easier, Dishonored is just a pain in the ass. It's best not to kill everyone, but it's so convenient to because it's so hard to remain undetected and keep them alive.

Sad

Why not!? Killing everyone sounds like a party and a half!

(01-12-2013 10:32 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  If youre looking for a sandbox style game try Dragon's Dogma.

Sure I'll check that out.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

01-12-2013, 10:42 PM
(01-12-2013 10:23 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Whatever you do, when you play Dishonored DO NOT KILL EVERYONE

SERIOUSLY

Sad
Well you should have 2 save files. One with no kills and the other massacres Tongue
I liked the stealth but to be honest if you just use stealth your missing 87% of what the game has to offer. It's so freaking incredible what you can do. Have you tried all those sweet powers?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
01-12-2013, 11:46 PM
(01-12-2013 07:32 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  That's both disappointing and intriguing. I'm interested to see how game play is when it's more focused on the story, but having less freedom and content is a definite bummer. I wasn't necessarily looking for a skyrim-like experience, I just know that Bethesda does a great job on it's games (The ones I've played) so I decided to give it a go.

I'm also downloading Call of Duty: Ghosts...

So what do they have in common? Tongue (Dishonored and Skyrim/Oblivion, not CoD)

Dishonored is a very good game don't get me wrong.
Certainly worth it, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
It's not entirely linear as I described. More so that the story is the same and it's "go here" sort of stuff. But how you get there is entirely up to you, if you go stealth, if you kill everyone, if you go via roof or via ground etc... But the end result "go here" is the same, which is what I mean by linear.
Skyrim differs because, yea the quests are "go here" quests, but it's entirely up to you what you wanna do, it's completely open world, where Dishonored is just open leveled (for lack of better term). You'll see when you play it.

Killing v non-killing effects the outcome of the story.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-12-2013, 11:50 PM
Haven't played Dishonored , at all, is it too linear, as in practically unplayable a 2nd time ?

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
02-12-2013, 12:00 AM

SERIOUSLY

Sad
Played it twice, once stealthily and once unstealthily. With stealth I felt more satisfied with myself when I beat the level. Going-all-out-I-don't-give-a-fuck-man-mode was a lot more fun overall. There's value to be had approaching the game from either angle and lends itself to two unique playthroughs.
02-12-2013, 12:32 AM
Dishonored $22 buck on steam, $29 for the game of the year ed.
Includes 5 items: Dishonored, Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials, Dishonored - The Knife of Dunwall, Dishonored - Void Walker Arsenal, Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches

Seems like a deal.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
02-12-2013, 01:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2013 03:26 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Have you ever played a Deus Ex game? If you enjoyed Deus Ex: Human Revolution, you'll enjoy Dishonored. Likewise if you end up liking Dishonored, go back and pick up Deus Ex if you haven't.

These games have a strong narrative and do have you go along a set path, however it's how you get from point to point and complete your objectives that the games really start to shine. Both games have excellent mechanics that allow for a variety of approaches to any problem, from all out combat to being so stealthy nobody has any evidence you where ever there. Dishonored is nice in that a 100% non-lethal stealth play-through is possible (very hard but also very rewarding, and yes I have done it), and the ending of the game changes based on your actions. Both games will take you to end in the same order of events, but your actions between when a levels starts and ends are what defines the character.

Then there is Skyrim, one of the most enjoyable sandbox experiences out there. Single player driven role playing doesn't get much better than this. I can spend literally hours going out and just hunting big game and exploring ancient ruins, so I feel like I'm channeling equal parts Indiana Jones, Davy Crockett, and Aragorn.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-12-2013, 06:21 AM
(01-12-2013 08:27 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Oblivion is a lot like Skyrim, except more complex. The whole customization concept isn't as simplified. In descending each Elder Scrolls game, the customization concept and entire complexity of the game is stressed more. But if you can get past the god awful Fallout-like graphics, it's a classic of it's time.

Fallout-like graphics?
You do realise Oblivion came out in 2006 and Fallout 3 in 2008.

OT: Oblivion is easily the worst game of the entire Elder Scrolls series, worse, it's the worst Bethesda game. It has no atmosphere, shallow, non relatable characters, horrible leveldesign, barely a story and is a grind to play through.

Dishonored was great fun, fixes everything I just listed. Many ways to finish and new gameplay elements that are easily picked up.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.