Dishonored vs Skyrim and Oblivion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2013, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2013 09:47 PM by sporehux.)
RE: Dishonored vs Skyrim and Oblivion
I find it impossible to stay in character as anything other than good natured Nord fighting oppression for his home land. In skyrim.
Every other race choice or mad murder rampage character lasts me for a few hours and I'm restarting again.
I'm like this in fallout games as well, find it so hard to be bad.
I'm even tring to rehabilitate Alicia NSFW !! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK3KsRUD...ata_player

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2013, 11:47 PM
(21-12-2013 09:30 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(21-12-2013 06:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Nope, knocked plenty of people out. Just have to be careful that they don't fall to their death, drown, or at attacked by weepers and rats.

I managed to complete the main campaign without being detected (Ghost and Shadow achievements) in addition to not killing anyone (Clean Hands). I also managed it for the Knife of Dunwall DLC (Whisper Ways and Cleaner Hands), but I've yet to get and play through the Brigmore Witches DLC as of yet.

I take it this was time consuming and involved a lot of reloading saved games? I know it will for me.

EDIT: FYI - That profile is private and won't allow me to view any info.

(21-12-2013 06:53 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  As for Theif, I loved those games. They just haven't had a recent iteration like Deus Ex (it's also a PC dominated series, only 2004's 'Deadly Shadows' made it to the original Xbox), so I didn't think to use them for comparison.

They may be old, but there is a new prequel on the horizon which is looking pretty good from the trailers (http://www.thiefgame.com). The only thing that concerns me about it is the involvement of Square Enix. Then again, I did really enjoy the new Tomb Raider origin story. I see it will be available to both 360 and One.

I just thought the comparison was fitting. The similarities can be striking in many places. I may have to admit though that Dishonored is probably a better game, but it was following in a lot of footsteps laid down much earlier.

I just picked up the Brigmore Witches over the weekend and played through it, managed a no-kill play through my first try, but fucked up getting Ghost somehow on the third mission. If you haven't picked up and played the Knife of Dunwall and the Brigmore Witches, get them as soon as you can. They are the very best kind of DLC, adding hours of new story and new powers and equipment as you explore the world of Dishonored from another perspective; those of the assassin of the Empress, Daud. Well worth the money.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
25-12-2013, 08:52 AM
[Image: the-glory-of-skyrim-mods_o_2637143.webp]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post