Dishonored

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Dishonored
Freakin' awesome stealth game. I've been waiting for a game like this ever since Thief II came out in 2000. I love how you get the choice between being a cold-blooded murderer who kills everyone while he sneaks his way into buildings and being a pacifist who doesn't harm anyone. Based on your choice, both the game itself and the ending will drastically change, meaning that it's worth beating it twice.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2012, 09:30 AM
RE: Dishonored
Yep. After my Xbox finishes updating eventually here I'm going through round two and trying to ghost the whole thing. I already did the first level ghost.
First game in a looooong while I really thoroughly enjoyed.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-10-2012, 07:34 PM
[Image: frxxs.jpg]
I didn't even use my frickin' weapons. Angry

20-10-2012, 01:33 PM
I beat the game two days ago. It was lots of fun, but the ending was disappointing.

20-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Which ending?

I officially think ghosting the game is impossible. I am settling for the low chaos ending.

I am also playing assassins creed brotherhood in preparation of ac3 which looks absolutely awesome.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
20-10-2012, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 04:09 PM by Vosur.)
(20-10-2012 02:41 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Which ending?
The low chaos ending.

(20-10-2012 02:41 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I officially think ghosting the game is impossible. I am settling for the low chaos ending.
It sure ain't, because I have ghosted every single mission.

I'm currently playing it a second time, killing everyone I see. I was quite shocked by the difference of several aspects of the game. For example the reaction of the religious extremists when one of them turns out to be infected.

Edit: As far as I know, the ending of the game is not affected by your stealthiness anyway.

20-10-2012, 05:17 PM
The ending is determined by kill count essentially, and by some of the choices you've made. Right at the end there are a few ways to alter the ending. Once you've beaten it there will be an auto save right before the final confrontation so you can just auto load it for a quick achievement.

But for major differneces it's supposedly completely reliant on your kill count.

The only area I'm having difficulty ghosting is the one where you wake up after having your stuff chucked away. The assassins are really sneaky. Fuckers. I was exagerating when I said impossible, but it's sure harder and more satisfying to play uber stealth. Though I never went in like the terminator either, as my last play through was middle of the road (though a lot of blood was shed at the end) so there were a few powers I haven't even used yet.

21-10-2012, 09:09 PM
(20-10-2012 05:17 PM)lucradis Wrote:  The ending is determined by kill count essentially, and by some of the choices you've made. Right at the end there are a few ways to alter the ending. Once you've beaten it there will be an auto save right before the final confrontation so you can just auto load it for a quick achievement.
From what I've read, there is another secret ending. I won't spoil it for you, though. Tongue

(20-10-2012 05:17 PM)lucradis Wrote:  The only area I'm having difficulty ghosting is the one where you wake up after having your stuff chucked away. The assassins are really sneaky. Fuckers. I was exagerating when I said impossible, but it's sure harder and more satisfying to play uber stealth. Though I never went in like the terminator either, as my last play through was middle of the road (though a lot of blood was shed at the end) so there were a few powers I haven't even used yet.
Have you tried maxing out the time manipulating ability?

02-11-2012, 01:31 AM
So this game is amazingly fun.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
08-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Well I finally got it. It's freaking awesome! I went for a mostly stealthy approach so I got the low chaos ending (which I'm glad I did) but I didn't do much exploring so I think I probably missed a bunch of side quests. I think I'll be replaying it in the not too distant future.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.