Dishwasher brand/feature reviews/advice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2013, 01:16 AM
RE: Dishwasher brand/feature reviews/advice?
Whatever you get make sure the inside is stainless steel the dishes dry faster.

We have a bosche I like it.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-11-2013, 05:13 AM
I have a KitchenAid diswasher, stainless steel interior. It has been working well for over 16 years.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-11-2013, 06:33 AM
Bought a Maytag top of the line 6 years ago. Love it. Hope to use it for decades to come.

I don't hear a lot of bad things about dishwashers these days, washers and dryers are more likely to throw issues.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-11-2013, 06:36 AM
Since mine is on its last leg, I'll be watching this for suggestions too.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
05-11-2013, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 09:13 AM by Filox.)
Dishwasher is the best invention man has made in the last century. Honestly. I have one of those everywhere, in my summerhouse, in my parents house, even in my rented apartment I have "explained" to my landlord that he needs to get me one of those, or I will get it and deduct the price from his rent. So he got me one.

As far as I have seen, there really is no difference in one brand or the other. They all work for decades without anything breaking down, no maintenance (or the very minimum) is needed, just clean the filters. Perfect machine. Saves time, water and electricity. Plus, there is no more a pile of dishes waiting for the brand new colony of intelligent life to evolve on it.

AEG, Whirlpool and Bosh should be the best ones, but since I have an old, cheep-ass shit home and it is working just fine, anyone is OK, as long as you have one.

Interesting thing, of all the programs and shit it has, I use the shortest one, which is the most economical. The important thing is to know what detergent to use, THAT shit makes all the difference. My mother recommends Somat Perfect (http://www.somat.at/img/somat-1.jpg) and I have to agree, it works miracles, even on the shortest program, everything is sparkling after it finishes. If you have a small dishwasher (yes, there are bigger and smaller ones) then half of the tab is enough.

I can already imagine earmuffs, doing dishes with his sponge and remembering me posting this...

[Image: 1234931504682.jpg]

Big Grin

To answer the OP's queston, I'd take the 450$ one because of the 10 years warranty. 10 years is 10 years and 450$ is not much for a new product. Looks great, if you want the looks to matter.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
05-11-2013, 01:20 PM
I had an inexpensive Whirlpool or Maytag dishwasher that gave out about a year or so after I bought it. Repairs would have cost more than it was worth (something in the control panel went bad), so I went ahead and got a LG-brand dishwasher that was pricier but well-rated. After a couple of years, so far, so good!