Poll: Dislike function, now or in a couple days?
now
in a couple days
I wish I could dislike this thread right now.. Dodgy
[Show Results]

Dislike

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2013, 03:17 PM
RE: Dislike
DISLIKE!!!!!Hobo

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2013, 03:57 PM
It's scary how well you guys know me.

I want a weed button.

Seriously.

Smokin

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
24-06-2013, 04:03 PM
(23-06-2013 06:05 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I came into this thread without any strong preference either way, I was leaning towards liking the idea, but not overly bothered.

Having read some of the arguments I think the best case by far is the one put forward by Cufflink. I think he's got a very good point that it could cause tension between members who take the giving of a 'dislike' personally, it could even lead to a dislike war between two or more members. I also agree that if you're gonna bash someone's argument, it's more constructive if you actually tell them why you're doing it than just calling them out without giving your motive for doing so.

Kinda like the Rep thing, huh? Dodgy

Now, if we had a dislike button that manifests a big ol' cartoon hammer from the troll's compy that goes

*BAM*

and knocks some sense into the troll, that'd be a different story.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2013, 04:04 PM
(24-06-2013 03:57 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  It's scary how well you guys know me.

I want a weed button.

Seriously.

Smokin

Geez, there's a smokin' smiley and I gave you maryjane 'stars' - is there no end to your greed?Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
24-06-2013, 04:07 PM
(24-06-2013 04:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  

I want a weed button.

Seriously.

Smokin

Geez, there's a smokin' smiley and I gave you maryjane 'stars' - is there no end to your greed?Angry

And he's posting pix of bud as big as my dick n' shit... some people are never satisfied. Dodgy

(24-06-2013 02:17 PM)cufflink Wrote:  
(24-06-2013 01:01 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Fuck it. I want the full gamut. I no longer wish to converse with people. From this point forward I demand that there is a button for every conceivable reaction I may have to a post. I simply want to select from a group of buttons. That way, I can avoid conversation completely, and thus never be challenged.

A capital idea. Here's a start--but only a start.

[ ] YES! EXACTLY! Couldn’t have said it better myself!

[ ] Pretty good, although not your best.

[ ] Not as bad as your usual garbage.

[ ] Meh. Whatever.

[ ] Didn’t get much sleep last night, huh?

[ ] You have clearly lost your mind.

[ ] I fart in your general direction.

[ ] Troll! Troll! Troll!

[ ] Use a spell checker, dammit!

[ ] Needs more Gwynnies.

Hmmn... wonder which button I'm gonna spam... Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-06-2013, 04:10 PM
(24-06-2013 04:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  

I want a weed button.

Seriously.

Smokin

My greed is a bottomless pit that I am forever trying to fill with marijuana.

No. My greed has no end.

Now that we've cleared that up........

WHERE'S THE WEED BUTTON????

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
24-06-2013, 04:10 PM
(24-06-2013 01:01 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Fuck it. I want the full gamut. I no longer wish to converse with people. From this point forward I demand that there is a button for every conceivable reaction I may have to a post. I simply want to select from a group of buttons. That way, I can avoid conversation completely, and thus never be challenged.

Look, the Like button serves a purpose. It prevents a bunch of posts that say, "ya! Me too!"
That's because when you agree with someone, there really isn't much more to say. It's when peoples opinions differ that creates discussion. When I agree with someone, there's no explanation necessary. Thus, the like button. However, when I disagree, there is a potential discussion, and therefore, a response is warranted.

Leave well enough alone.

Again, the stop conversation argument is a poor one.
I agree with you that the like button "cleans up" the forum in the sense that you don't get all the "yeah me too" posts. ie: Morondog "liked" your post, but hasn't posted in the thread.

I'm saying, a dislike button will do the same. It will "clean up" posts, but wont prevent them.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
24-06-2013, 04:16 PM
(24-06-2013 04:10 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Look, the Like button serves a purpose. It prevents a bunch of posts that say, "ya! Me too!"
That's because when you agree with someone, there really isn't much more to say. It's when peoples opinions differ that creates discussion. When I agree with someone, there's no explanation necessary. Thus, the like button. However, when I disagree, there is a potential discussion, and therefore, a response is warranted.

Leave well enough alone.

Again, the stop conversation argument is a poor one.
I agree with you that the like button "cleans up" the forum in the sense that you don't get all the "yeah me too" posts. ie: Morondog "liked" your post, but hasn't posted in the thread.

I'm saying, a dislike button will do the same. It will "clean up" posts, but wont prevent them.

Dude. We're not talking about a dislike button anymore. Quit living in the past.

Now is the time to get the administrations attention so they can fix the obvious oversight. No time for your petty demands until the weed button is fixed!

[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
24-06-2013, 04:17 PM
I propose a *facepalm* button. Dodgy

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-06-2013, 04:20 PM
I propose a *change Earmuffs name to Mr. Stinky Pants* button.

[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post