Disney Recycled Animation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2015, 11:34 AM
Disney Recycled Animation
Kind of cool. Disney recycled animation scenes in a number of movies...

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post
16-05-2015, 12:36 PM
RE: Disney Recycled Animation
oh yeah, I remember this. I showed this to a co-worker, I could just see her childhood crumble before my eyes Smile

But that being said, this is pretty common, some studios have a catalog of reference material and some sequences do get re-used to cut costs and also used mostly for inconsequential sequences such as dancing or chase scenes.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 2 users Like grizzlysnake's post
18-05-2015, 03:27 AM
(16-05-2015 12:36 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  oh yeah, I remember this. I showed this to a co-worker, I could just see her childhood crumble before my eyes Smile

But that being said, this is pretty common, some studios have a catalog of reference material and some sequences do get re-used to cut costs and also used mostly for inconsequential sequences such as dancing or chase scenes.

I remember discussing this with you like a year ago. Honestly I just view this an easter egg; one of the movies that replicated most frames was Robin Hood, one of the cheapest disney flicks that have been made. That movie still happens to be my childhood favorite.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
18-05-2015, 06:48 AM
I feel like the Jungle Book/Robin Hood one was obvious. I knew those two bears were twinsies a lot time ago. Right? Or just me?

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
18-05-2015, 07:25 AM
(18-05-2015 06:48 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I feel like the Jungle Book/Robin Hood one was obvious. I knew those two bears were twinsies a lot time ago. Right? Or just me?

There's more, like Marion sharing some of same animations of Duchess from The Aristocats.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
18-05-2015, 11:43 AM
(18-05-2015 06:48 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I feel like the Jungle Book/Robin Hood one was obvious. I knew those two bears were twinsies a lot time ago. Right? Or just me?

I haven't watched them in a long time but I think baloo and little john have the same voice actor. Plus, in the 90's Baloo gets an airplane and stars in one of my favorite Disney cartoons, Talespin. Oh man..I gotta re-watch that some day.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell