Disney

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: Disney
(06-04-2014 01:32 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  The Sword in the Stone. One of my all time favorites.

The wizards' duel is total awesomeness!

My favorite by far.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-04-2014, 02:04 PM
(06-04-2014 01:19 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I'm in an animated Disney phase and I've recently watched some of their new films that I hadn't seen, plus I've rewatched some from the Disney Renaissance and even the odd older one.

Gotta say, out of the new ones I've watched I thought Tangled was incredible, the best film I've seen in ages. I don't think I have an overall favourite Disney film though, there are too many amazing ones.

Anyone else have a favourite animated Disney film?

Oh gosh...its funny I grew up in a time the only way I could see the older Disney movies was if they rereleased them in the theaters. When my kids were little I began watching them on VHS and collecting them. The kids loved them. There were sooooo many I'd never seen or remembered seeing. Also, at that time, Disney wasn't making a whole lot of animated movies for theatrical release. I think Pete's Dragon was the one of the last ones until the little Mermaid.

What I recall as a kid, sleeping beauty scared the stuffing out of me! Seriously, I can't watch it today without feeling deep trauma. Facepalm

One of my favorites was Lady and the Tramp.

I never appreciated Snow White until I bought it and really watched it, it bored my kids...but for the time I understood the fuss.

I loved Peter Pan because they used the term jack ass!

Dumbo still makes me cry just like it did the first time i saw it.

I saw Song of the South as a kid in the theater, which was a combination of live action and animation.

My all time favorite tho was probably Cinderella. Which may speak more about me than the movie itself. It's followed closely by Fantasia.

Of the newer ones, I really enjoyed Beauty and the Beast more than I cared to admit. Tangled was fun...I actually added Frozen to my DVD queue on Netflix. For years I couldn't stomach a Disney/Pixar film (seriously watching Toy Story a billion times will do that to you) but now I've slowly gotten back into it and enjoyed them more now.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-04-2014, 02:09 PM
When my son was a toddler all he wanted was to watch Lady and the Tramp over and over again. We had it on VHS and the time it took to rewind it really made him mad.

Over the course of a summer, my girls and I could recite the whole movie. Probably why it doesn't make my favorite list.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-04-2014, 02:29 PM
(06-04-2014 02:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  When my son was a toddler all he wanted was to watch Lady and the Tramp over and over again. We had it on VHS and the time it took to rewind it really made him mad.

Over the course of a summer, my girls and I could recite the whole movie. Probably why it doesn't make my favorite list.

My oldest loved Dumbo. But toy story...omfg that movie was cute the first 20 times....after that I seriously began wishing Sid got the toys.

After that, I was seriously done for the longest time. I made my husband take him to see toy story two when it came out and anything else animated. Although, i completely forgot about "Up" which was another one that made me cry.

06-04-2014, 02:41 PM
(06-04-2014 02:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Although, i completely forgot about "Up" which was another one that made me cry.

I still need to watch Up, after I've watched Tangled enough times to rival your son watching Toy Story of course. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
06-04-2014, 03:11 PM
(06-04-2014 02:41 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 02:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Although, i completely forgot about "Up" which was another one that made me cry.

I still need to watch Up, after I've watched Tangled enough times to rival your son watching Toy Story of course. Big Grin

I'm not kidding or exaggerating, my son will confirm this. He watched that movie at least once a day from the time he was 2 until he was 5. Usually whist I was cooking dinner or cleaning. He'd sit in front of the tv and just sit completely riveted by it. It was the ONLY time he was completely awake and quiet.

Once it was raining and he watched it like 5x in a row. I was in the garage drinking and smoking trying to hide...he came out saying he was waiting for it rewind. He climbed up on the pool table we had, yelled out "to Infinity and Beyond." I happened to look up just as he jumped and caught him.

He had all the toys and was, for a time, quite convinced they had meetings. He also forced both Buzz and Woody to watch it with him.

Seriously though a kid movie where the two main characters are called buzz and woody..

Someone at Pixar had a great sense of humor.

06-04-2014, 03:56 PM
I personally fell in love with the new Disney movie Frozen. Saw it 7 times within the last 2 weeks at the time of this post. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Luke_Atheist's post
06-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Pocahontas and Frozen

eta: Up

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
06-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Up, The Sword in the Stone, and (unfortunately) The Little Mermaid.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
06-04-2014, 05:32 PM
(06-04-2014 01:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Are we counting everything distributed by Disney? If so Miyazaki's work is wonderful.

[Image: 10939003_det.jpg]

this movie is friggen awsome! And sad... But awsome!

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping