Disown Atheist Children...They Can't be Serious?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2013, 10:17 PM
RE: Disown Atheist Children...They Can't be Serious?
(22-08-2013 07:10 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  The sad things is that even though that's satire, it's very true. I have a friend who is so insanely Catholic (he's considering becoming a priest) who said that if he did get married and have children and his children became atheists, he probably wouldn't be able to consider them his children any more. Little did he know he was saying this in front of an atheist. Most of my friends have been in agreement though. They say only thing worse than their kids getting into drugs or getting pregnant in high school would be them turning atheist. It saddens me that people actually think like this. . .

It's pretty pathetic that people think like this. Some imaginary sky daddy shouldn't be more important than family.

Prog rock extraordinaire at your service
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Reading through, it's obviously a joke... but I wasn't sure until I read this.

"I just don't understand people who reject our LORD. I know that there are many false religions because God Himself sends false prophets to misguide people (2 Chronicles18:22, Ezekiel 14:9, Jeremiah 20:7), but, He warns us about that in His Holy book, so why are people so stupid to follow these false prophets?

Heathens and atheist are so stupid, that they really deserve to burn in Hell."

I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft,
We have constructed pyramids in honor of our escaping.
- Jim Morrison
23-08-2013, 03:49 PM
(22-08-2013 10:17 PM)Ratatat Wrote:  
(22-08-2013 07:10 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  The sad things is that even though that's satire, it's very true. I have a friend who is so insanely Catholic (he's considering becoming a priest) who said that if he did get married and have children and his children became atheists, he probably wouldn't be able to consider them his children any more. Little did he know he was saying this in front of an atheist. Most of my friends have been in agreement though. They say only thing worse than their kids getting into drugs or getting pregnant in high school would be them turning atheist. It saddens me that people actually think like this. . .

It's pretty pathetic that people think like this. Some imaginary sky daddy shouldn't be more important than family.

The "reasoning" behind it that I've heard from those around me is that one's priorities should be God first, family second, friends third, and everything else fourth. So I guess that mean if your family might "bring you away" from God with their heathen ways, it's time to ditch them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Atheist Test Im_Ryan 46 1,321 11-02-2014 04:33 PM
Last Post: TheStraightener
  Is God an atheist? itsacow 48 1,659 04-02-2014 07:27 PM
Last Post: Alex_Leonardo
  Creationism:Why to Catch Teens and Children and the Money that Comes with it Metazoa Zeke 4 194 03-02-2014 09:09 PM
Last Post: Drich
Video WOW! Creationism forced on children in a public school. Raptor Jesus 2 198 27-01-2014 09:09 PM
Last Post: Timber1025
  Bill Nye: Creationism Is Not Appropriate For Children cufflink 54 4,677 02-10-2013 07:08 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  The Rev's essay: Why I don't Teach My Children Young Earth Creationism kingschosen 3 758 19-10-2012 04:34 PM
Last Post: Chas
  What is an atheist's argument against an EC or a TE? kingschosen 31 1,779 24-07-2012 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vlad