Disproving Gravity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2010, 12:22 AM
RE: Disproving Gravity
(17-12-2010 02:19 PM)No J. Wrote:  Wha is happening, based on what I have read, is that the moon is slowly moving away and will one day escape earth's orbit. This will not be for millions of years so mankind may not be around to see it.

I know I'm not going to be around to see this, so why do I feel a urgent need to do something about it! Huh

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2010, 02:20 AM
This post seemed almost creationist.Our security must be compromised .... Tongue
18-12-2010, 02:29 AM
What does gravity have to do with creation?

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
18-12-2010, 02:45 AM
(18-12-2010 02:29 AM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  What does gravity have to do with creation?

Dawkins has said in several debates that giving equal time to the teaching of intelligent design and evolution, is as silly as giving equal time to teaching newtons law of gravity and the theory of "intelligent falling". This might be what gaglamesh was thinking about. Also, questioning widely accepted scientific theories is a very creationistish thing to do. Tongue

18-12-2010, 02:51 AM
All science is to be questioned, widely accepted or not. Do you think I just acknowledge evolution the first time my teacher told me about it in 6th grade? Hell no, I questioned it and I did research on my own time. Personally I disagree with evolution by natural selection although I do believe in the concept of evolution.

Let me expand on what I mean by that. While it is widely accepted that evolution is non-random, since by defintion natural selection is a non-random event, I personally think that evolution IS random.

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
18-12-2010, 05:06 AM
(18-12-2010 02:51 AM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  Do you think I just acknowledge evolution the first time my teacher told me about it in 6th grade? Hell no, I questioned it and I did research on my own time.

Well done. kudos!

(18-12-2010 02:51 AM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  Let me expand on what I mean by that. While it is widely accepted that evolution is non-random, since by defintion natural selection is a non-random event, I personally think that evolution IS random.

Before I start my rant, could you please tell me what makes you think that?

18-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Thinking Norseman , you hit my feelings head on.
18-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Natural selection is not random because those that do not survive to become adults do not pass their genes to the next generation. Natural selection doesn't favor higher life forms, it favors survivors. That is why some life forms remain virtually unchanged for millions of years while others are constantly evolving and others die out.

Natural selection includes mating practices. Traits that most attractive to potential mates get handed down the most and guides the direction of evolution.

Evolution is not guided by a sentient being, it is guided by the results of competition between the mutations for survival and mates, and the conditions that they are forced to adapt to.

Gaglamesh. Never go head to head with someone who wears a helmet with horns. Tongue
18-12-2010, 07:42 PM
In reality, the moon orbits the earth and the sun. If you trace the path of the moon, it's a spiral around the sun. The earth also orbits in a spiral because of the affect the moon's gravity has on our planet. Since the earth is more massive, the moon moves more than the earth does in response to the gravitational attraction the two share, but both bodies orbit the sun.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes zaybu's post
15-02-2013, 01:40 PM
(17-12-2010 11:38 AM)Norseman Wrote:  
(16-12-2010 03:33 PM)TruthAddict Wrote:  By the way, the moon is steadily moving away from the earth. I don't know. I think we need a professional explanation for this.

I have also read that somewhere. But if the moon moves away from the earth doesn't that mean that it receives less force from the earths spin, causing it to decelerate and thus move "fall" towards the earth again?
The answer is really quite simple. Ill spare you the equations and just use visual examples you can gather on your own time. Check out how close and far the moon appears in the winter as opposed to summer. Different amounts of force being applied to the moon depending on its distance from the sun. If the earth remained close to the sun for say 7-9 months (9 months of sunny sunshine happy summer time) then the sun would win the (Tug-o-War) against the earth, lunar effects would cease to exist and your head would asplode! That is all