Disproving "It CAN'T be Done

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2015, 07:13 PM
Disproving "It CAN'T be Done
Have you ever had someone tell you that you can't do something or another - so you did your damnedest to prove them wrong???

I was at home one day - and I got a phone call from a lawyer. He had a subpoena for me. I never admitted to being me - and insisted he had the wrong number. He'd gotten my number from the phone book - in spite of the fact that I was supposed to be unlisted. (I was paying to be unlisted - and didn't know I was in fact listed.)

I got ahold of the phone company and threatened to sue - they had my number changed in 15 minutes. (a whole other story).

I had a lawyer friend of mine do some checking - and it seemed that I was wanted to testify in the divorce of a woman I had been dating previously. Her husband (who I had been falsely told was her "ex" husband) was suing under adultery laws to prevent her from getting anything monetary out of the divorce.

I knew that the reason she'd split with the guy was that he was physically/mentally abusive -- and I decided that despite the problems between her and I - that I wasn't going to help out an abusive prick beat his wife some more. Besides - I just didn't want to stand up in court and say "Yup... fucked the hell out of her"... I could tell it just wouldn't go well......

My lawyer friend told me that I was unlikely to dodge the subpoena server - they're very good at doing what they do.

I decided to try. The court date was 2 1/2 months away - so I knew I had to become invisible for that long.

I quit my job -- and went to work for a buddy of mine (I'd been considering it anyway -- he'd been after me for over a year to come to work for him). I had several vehicles at the time - so I drove a different one every day. I told my bud what the score was - and he agreed to let me work pretty much any hours I wanted -- so I changed my schedule daily.

I told a couple of my coworkers at the old place I worked what was going on -- and they agreed to tell the server I'd gone on vacation and wouldn't be back for 2 weeks... The server did in fact show - and that plan held them off for a couple weeks.

I cut off all my hair (waist long at the time) and lost the beard.

I used cardboard and duct tape -- and blacked out all windows on the ground floor of my house -- so the servers couldn't see inside.

I hid out. It was a wild, paranoid ride -- and oddly enough I was enjoying myself to some degree..... There's nothing like a challenge.

The closest they got was one night at the bar I bounced at --- I'd informed all the employees what the score was - and they knew to bail me out - if somebody came in looking for me. They did. The plan I'd set in place - to misdirect the server to one of the other bouncers (who looked a bit like me) worked - while I made an exit. I saw the server -- they should have gotten a slightly less good looking lady -- too obvious....

They never served me. My lawyer bud was impressed.

I never got any "thank you nookie" out of it though.....

Not all plans go as planned...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-04-2015, 07:22 PM
RE: Disproving "It CAN'T be Done
My parents, my aunts and uncles, and other family said that I would never make it through basic training and would wash out of the army in a few weeks. I was 25 years old and had two kids...along with being the black sheep of the family. No one thought I would make it. Well, that's all it took. Yeah, I did make it through basic and AIT and served till I had to get out to take care of my kids after my husband died.

So, yeah, fuck 'em. Tell me what I can't do. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
11-04-2015, 07:23 PM
The next time a woman tells me she's divorced, I'm asking to see the documents.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
11-04-2015, 07:24 PM
(11-04-2015 07:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  The next time a woman tells me she's divorced, I'm asking to see the documents.

You and me both bro....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-04-2015, 07:30 PM
(11-04-2015 07:24 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 07:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  The next time a woman tells me she's divorced, I'm asking to see the documents.

You and me both bro....

heh

I never was asked to appear in divorce court, but it has happened twice. Threatened by the still married husbands.
One guy showed up where I was working at the time, he showed me his gun, that was pleasant. Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
11-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Oh sure and I'M the crazy one for not wanting to date... Dodgy

My parents and teachers and everyone told me I could go to university and pass.
I showed them!

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
12-04-2015, 03:59 AM
(11-04-2015 07:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My parents, my aunts and uncles, and other family said that I would never make it through basic training and would wash out of the army in a few weeks. I was 25 years old and had two kids...along with being the black sheep of the family. No one thought I would make it. Well, that's all it took. Yeah, I did make it through basic and AIT and served till I had to get out to take care of my kids after my husband died.

You can't send me a million dollars!

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
12-04-2015, 05:17 AM
(11-04-2015 07:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My parents, my aunts and uncles, and other family said that I would never make it through basic training and would wash out of the army in a few weeks. I was 25 years old and had two kids...along with being the black sheep of the family. No one thought I would make it. Well, that's all it took. Yeah, I did make it through basic and AIT and served till I had to get out to take care of my kids after my husband died.

[Image: BB_Salute.gif]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
12-04-2015, 06:32 AM
(12-04-2015 03:59 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  

You can't send me a million dollars!

That would be what I won't do. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-04-2015, 06:42 AM
Having been through both dating and marriage, at 48 I am perfectly fine being single. No fuss no muss.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post