Dissection of "Non-GMO project."

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2014, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2014 01:52 PM by Alex_Leonardo.)
Dissection of "Non-GMO project."
So, I recently saw this website.

GMO = (Genetically Modified Organism.)

Immediately on seeing the tab "GMO facts" I was already seeing this through. When I arrived at the "GMO facts" page, I saw that they had put the "FAQ" page for the "Facts" page.
Here is my dissection of this "FAQ page" so far. (More is to come.)
Quote:What are GMOs?
GMOs, or “genetically modified organisms,” are plants or animals that have been genetically engineered with DNA from bacteria, viruses or other plants and animals.

Okay, you've stayed sane... let's see what's next...
Quote:These experimental combinations of genes from different species cannot occur in nature or in traditional crossbreeding.
Facepalm
AWWW, man, you've done it. You've destroyed your whole premise. YOU are genetically modifying organisms through CROSSBREEDING. Anyways, it's not like even planting crops modifies their genes.... Oh, wait.

Well, putting that aside, let's see what's next.
Quote:Virtually all commercial GMOs are engineered to withstand direct application of herbicide and/or to produce an insecticide. Despite biotech industry promises, none of the GMO traits currently on the market offer increased yield, drought tolerance, enhanced nutrition, or any other consumer benefit.
Facepalm Do you even read? Here is some actual evidence of GMOs that actually are drought resistant, which were bred using advanced breeding techniques. DUH??? I didn't even have to spend more than one minute to search this up and find a credible website to see this through.
Quote:Meanwhile, a growing body of evidence connects GMOs with health problems, environmental damage
Could you please provide this body of evidence? I already have counter evidence. If GMOs were bad, then whenever you ate a piece of ANY corn, you would get sick and have health problems. Why, because CORN IS A FLIPPING GMO, JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER FOOD EVER HARVESTED BY MAN! THE FACT THAT YOU ARE EVEN HARVESTING FOOD AFFECTS THE GENETIC POPULATION OF THE FOOD!!!!

Quote:and violation of farmers’ and consumers’ rights.
According to this quote, ancient agricultural people are violating everyone's rights, and so are animals. (Animals can move seeds around through eating them, ferilizing them, and also making the food thrive, which allows it to contribute to the gene pool.)

Quote:Are GMOs safe?
Yes, you hypocrites. Every food you have ever eaten, including meat, is a GMO.
Quote:Most developed nations do not consider GMOs to be safe. In more than 60 countries around the world, including Australia, Japan, and all of the countries in the European Union, there are significant restrictions or outright bans on the production and sale of GMOs. In the U.S., the government has approved GMOs based on studies conducted by the same corporations that created them and profit from their sale. Increasingly, Americans are taking matters into their own hands and choosing to opt out of the GMO experiment.
ANDDDD, again, you don't tell us if they are ACTUALLY SAFE OR NOT. You indirectly answer the question, and then say, "Well....... other countries ban them, but we won't even tell you why. Also, here's some shite about how people are 'taking matters into their own hands.'"

Quote:Are GMOs labeled?
No, Why would they be labeled?
Quote:Unfortunately, even though polls consistently show that a significant majority of Americans want to know if the food they’re purchasing contains GMOs,
I see that you still don't have sources. And anyways, america is stupid. They probably are right on this one.
Quote: the powerful biotech lobby has succeeded in keeping this information from the public. In the absence of mandatory labeling, the Non-GMO Project was created to give consumers the informed choice they deserve.
Yeah, let's label a items in a group that would include all the items! Might also give food all of the redundant labels, like "food" or "item." Also, "Powerful biotech lobby?" Facepalm
Oh, wait, I think I get it, you're using the word, "GMO," like how people use, "Electronics." You're not using the whole meaning, and you're just describing a certain group of things, like how people use "electronics" to describe laptops, tablets, smartphones, phones, etc. You want to describe what most americans call "Franken-fruit/meat/etc." But, that still doesn't matter. "GMOs" are GMOs. Crossbreeding and even Planting/growing them is Genetically modifying them. Your argument is still invalid and you have just made assertions without evidence...
Okay, I'll update this in a bit. It's somewhat tired, but there is more on the FAQ page (And other pages.) . I'll refute it a bit in a second.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2014, 02:00 PM
RE: Dissection of "Non-GMO project."
Annnnd, nobody is interested...
Great...
Back to gmod.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
10-06-2014, 03:07 PM
RE: Dissection of "Non-GMO project."
You posted something and complained within 35 minutes that nobody was interested because nobody posted? I didn't even notice this thread until now. People have other things to do besides monitoring TTA while they're online, you know.
Anyway, I am interested.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post