Dissonance between criticizing god and "hail satan"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2014, 04:30 AM
RE: Dissonance between criticizing god and "hail satan"
(03-03-2014 04:18 AM)Dee Wrote:  Saying, "hail the Goddess" or "oh my Goddess, praise be to the Goddess" has the same effect.

That reminds me of a conversation I had with my born again christian brother.

I asked if God was all powerful, all knowing and all present. He replied yes.

So I asked him if the idea of God as an old white man in a flowing cloak was just a way for our puny human minds to be able to relate to such as vast being that goes beyond our possible comprehension. He replied yes.

I then asked, well if it's just a useful image allowing us to better relate to God, I am a woman and so am better relate to a Goddess. Can I worship the Goddess? After all, an omni-max God isn't limited by gender is it?

He really did not like that and started going on about the Bible referring to God as 'He' and 'Him'. I tried to point out that the Bible was written by men but, well, you can guess the rest.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
03-03-2014, 08:56 AM
RE: Dissonance between criticizing god and "hail satan"
The only time I ever say "Hail Satan" out loud is when I'm singing Tenacious D in my car. Other than that, I see little reason to go out of my way to deliberately antagonize a Christian in that way; not only will it fail to have a positive outcome, they may assume things like "atheists are rude" or worse yet, "atheists do worship Satan".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post