Distinguishing fantasy from reality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Every Religion seems to have an uncanny pattern of talking animals,miracles,stupid and sometimes borderline retarded stories which mocks our suspension of disbelief.

I fail to realize how people can actually think that religion is ANYTHING but fiction.

[Image: The-Looney-Tunes-Show-Episode-16-Thats-My-Baby.jpg](replace Loony toons with any religion and would still make the same amount of sense)

I'm not against people believing in a higher power or a sentient God BUT PLEASE if you're blindly subscribing to these twisted,prehistoric loony toons then you seriously need to re-consider your sanity for the sake of humanity you CANNOT say with a straight face that these "Miracles" in religions books are anything but fiction.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 12:58 AM
Talking animals was the only cool thing about the bible!
[+] 2 users Like hotnostril's post
04-01-2014, 02:02 AM
RE: Distinguishing fantasy from reality
If I already believe that miracles can happen, then why not. Also the catholic church i think kept going with some animal miracles. I think saint Francis could talk to animals.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
04-01-2014, 02:03 AM
(04-01-2014 12:58 AM)hotnostril Wrote:  Talking animals was the only cool thing about the bible!

I dunno. Jesus's party tricks were pretty cool.

Water into wine? Can't knock that!

04-01-2014, 07:16 AM
(04-01-2014 02:02 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  If I already believe that miracles can happen, then why not. Also the catholic church i think kept going with some animal miracles. I think saint Francis could talk to animals.

Anyone can talk to animals. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 10 users Like Chas's post
04-01-2014, 07:31 AM
(04-01-2014 07:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 02:02 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  If I already believe that miracles can happen, then why not. Also the catholic church i think kept going with some animal miracles. I think saint Francis could talk to animals.

Anyone can talk to animals. Drinking Beverage

LMAOBowing

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
04-01-2014, 07:39 AM
Re: Distinguishing fantasy from reality
Replace Amen with... That's all folks! Sounds like a almost worthy prayer.

If it wasn't absurd, it wouldn't be worth writing down to try abs convince people it was real.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-01-2014, 07:42 AM
Takling animals are the most amazing and awsome part of any fiction.

The thing about the bible andd quoran and any other religious work that really pisses me off are the totalitarian laws they advocate.

The quoran itslef reads like a fascist guide to build a police state.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
04-01-2014, 07:47 AM
(15-11-2013 04:13 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  I'm not against people believing in a higher power or a sentient God BUT

That be the slippery slope - right there.Sadcryface

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
04-01-2014, 07:52 AM
Nearly 20 years ago I was agnostic theist. I squared a lot, if not all of it within myself as parable and metaphor. I encountered other theists who thought like me and others who swallowed the whole deal! Talking snakes, magic fruit, super powers ... everything. To the average fundamentalist who is brought up religious, you can see why they might believe it. If every adult in your life from birth consistently gives the same misinformation it's the truth to you. The people who made me uneasy were adult concerts who actively fought in their own heads against their knowledge of the real world.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member