Distracted Driving (or why is THIS shit still legal??)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Distracted Driving (or why is THIS shit still legal??)
Pretty much everyone with more than three living brain cells will tend to agree -- driving distracted -- texting, drugging, drunk, or having oral sex - is probably a bad idea, and SHOULD be illegal.

So WHY --- is it still legal for people to drive around with their goddamned dogs, running around loose in the driver's area of a vehicle??? I don't give a shit if it's a little bitty dog -- -it's still a fucking distraction and should be illegal.....

(ask Stephen King -- I'll bet he's got an opinion about it....)

It should NOT be legal to have a dog in the driver's area of a vehicle... Any animal should be required to be caged, or on a restricted tether in the back seat - where it's impossible to be a distraction to the driver.

I'm of the opinion that we can do some good - and start a letter writing campaign to our representatives - in State and Federal houses -- to enact a law........

Why not???

Let's get atheism noticed as a political force.....

If nothing else --- it'd be fun to watch the theists try to justify reasons why we're wrong -on something that they can't possibly justify a defense -- cuz you can bet your bottom dollar they'd try to.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
31-08-2015, 06:45 PM
RE: Distracted Driving (or why is THIS shit still legal??)
I agree with not letting animals roam around a car/truck for a lot of reasons. I followed two cars the other day who were side-by-side, each with a huge dog hanging out a window barking at the dog in the other car.

Not only were the dogs going nuts in the cars but I was worried one of them would jump out a window...of course, the knuckleheads driving stayed right next to each other, apparently entertained.

The other drivers behind and beside were giving them plenty of room.

My dogs are in crates whenever they are in the car. If I still had a big dog it would at least be harnessed.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
31-08-2015, 06:59 PM
O, c'mon, what's the problem with loose dogs in the cabin anyway?

Tongue
31-08-2015, 07:40 PM
Wait, what's wrong with roadhead?
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
31-08-2015, 07:42 PM
I think there was an effort in California, many years ago, to outlaw dogs in the back of pickup trucks but I don't know if it was passed. I'm always nervous when I'm driving behind a pickup truck with dogs in the back. I'm always afraid they're going to jump out and get run over or cause a major accident.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
01-09-2015, 06:13 AM
(31-08-2015 07:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I think there was an effort in California, many years ago, to outlaw dogs in the back of pickup trucks but I don't know if it was passed. I'm always nervous when I'm driving behind a pickup truck with dogs in the back. I'm always afraid they're going to jump out and get run over or cause a major accident.

I'm less concerned about the dogs in the back of a truck. While yes, the dog might get injured -- that's less a problem than the dog causing the driver to run people over......

Again -- ask Stephen King --- that's what happened to him.

I just can't see how any state can allow these morons to continue on as they are.

Your fucking dog isn't that cute, OK??? The whole world doesn't need to see how much you love your damned rat/dog. Put the fucking thing in a crate. Or better yet -- leave it at home.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-09-2015, 06:28 AM
Ohio passed a law against distracted driving not long ago. And made it a primary offense so cops could pull people over for texting, petting a dog, getting head, etc.

Clap

It's sad when the government has to make a law to protect innocent people from idiots.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
01-09-2015, 06:32 AM
Ohio just went up one point in my book.

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
01-09-2015, 06:38 AM
(01-09-2015 06:32 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ohio just went up one point in my book.

Despite the inescapable fact that it's still Ohio, there are some alright things about living here.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
01-09-2015, 09:40 AM
(01-09-2015 06:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(31-08-2015 07:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I think there was an effort in California, many years ago, to outlaw dogs in the back of pickup trucks but I don't know if it was passed. I'm always nervous when I'm driving behind a pickup truck with dogs in the back. I'm always afraid they're going to jump out and get run over or cause a major accident.

I'm less concerned about the dogs in the back of a truck. While yes, the dog might get injured -- that's less a problem than the dog causing the driver to run people over......

Again -- ask Stephen King --- that's what happened to him.

I just can't see how any state can allow these morons to continue on as they are.

Your fucking dog isn't that cute, OK??? The whole world doesn't need to see how much you love your damned rat/dog. Put the fucking thing in a crate. Or better yet -- leave it at home.

There has been cases where the dog fell or jumped out of the back of the truck, causing the driver behind the truck to swerve into other cars. Sort of a chain reaction. I've also heard of little dogs getting under the driver's feet causing accidents.

Anyway, I don't mind if the dog is in the back seat minding his own business but, yeah, I was at a stop light just yesterday and there was a big ol dog walking around from the front seat to the back seat bumping into the driver.

In the state of Oregon it's illegal to be on your cell phone or text while driving. A friend of mine got a $500 ticket for driving while on her phone and she deserved to get that ticket too. It may have saved someone's life. She's a crazy driver without a cell phone in her hand much less with a phone.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.