Distracted Driving (or why is THIS shit still legal??)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2015, 11:29 AM
RE: Distracted Driving (or why is THIS shit still legal??)
(31-08-2015 06:15 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Pretty much everyone with more than three living brain cells will tend to agree -- driving distracted -- texting, drugging, drunk, or having oral sex - is probably a bad idea, and SHOULD be illegal.

So WHY --- is it still legal for people to drive around with their goddamned dogs, running around loose in the driver's area of a vehicle??? I don't give a shit if it's a little bitty dog -- -it's still a fucking distraction and should be illegal.....

(ask Stephen King -- I'll bet he's got an opinion about it....)

It should NOT be legal to have a dog in the driver's area of a vehicle... Any animal should be required to be caged, or on a restricted tether in the back seat - where it's impossible to be a distraction to the driver.

I'm of the opinion that we can do some good - and start a letter writing campaign to our representatives - in State and Federal houses -- to enact a law........

Why not???

Let's get atheism noticed as a political force.....

If nothing else --- it'd be fun to watch the theists try to justify reasons why we're wrong -on something that they can't possibly justify a defense -- cuz you can bet your bottom dollar they'd try to.....
We can make new laws. Can we change people?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 11:35 AM
In Idaho we still have some freedom. Freedom feels good.
May be it is because here in Idaho we don't have too many Democrats? Liberals? (I am just kidding)
I agree that safety laws are very important. The only problem that not all people want to follow them.

07-09-2015, 09:30 AM
(06-09-2015 11:35 AM)Alla Wrote:  In Idaho we still have some freedom. Freedom feels good.
May be it is because here in Idaho we don't have too many Democrats? Liberals? (I am just kidding)
I agree that safety laws are very important. The only problem that not all people want to follow them.

They will then pay the price.

Freedom does not include the right to harm others.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-09-2015, 10:31 AM
An animal loose in a car is worse than just distracted driving. Yes, the animal is a distraction. But the animal can also actively interfere with the driver, whether by getting under the driver's feet, as an earlier poster noted, or by licking, nudging, or even biting the driver, or by getting entangled with the steering wheel or causing the driver to spill hot coffee all over himself, coffee the driver never should be drinking while driving in the first place.

An animal loose in the car is one of the most dangerous of driving situations, probably second only to drunk driving.

(01-09-2015 06:28 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  ...
It's sad when the government has to make a law to protect innocent people from idiots.

Hold on now. We're supposed to be a democracy. Idiots are clearly in the majority, and innocent people the minority. That gives the idiots the Constitutional right to set the rules. Which of course is how our nation has been run ever since we stole it from the people who were here before us. So I guess all is well.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
07-09-2015, 11:00 AM
My dog doesn't even get on the seats. He squeezes himself onto the backseat floor (inside the Prius there isn't much of that -- the van was much more roomier to actually stretch out on the floor).

He's never been a hang out the window dog either...he's more like fuck this, wake me up when we get there.

Quite a number of years ago hubby was got called in for CT scan. The guy and his wife were side swiped by a big truck.

The driver of the truck was apparently watching the wife give her husband a blow job while they were on the freeway.

The husband and wife were not terribly injured -- it seemed to hubby (from the scans he took). But a plastic surgeon was called in.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-09-2015, 05:48 PM
(07-09-2015 09:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  They will then pay the price.
yes, they will. they will learn from their own experience/mistakes.
(07-09-2015 09:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  Freedom does not include the right to harm others.
yes.

08-09-2015, 06:02 PM
(31-08-2015 06:59 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  O, c'mon, what's the problem with loose dogs in the cabin anyway?

Tongue

That's called a hump dink. You raise the nose than drop it creating a weightless effect. NASA uses it in a 747 to simulate zero gravity.

Great fun. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
09-09-2015, 07:04 AM
(07-09-2015 10:31 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 06:28 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  ...
It's sad when the government has to make a law to protect innocent people from idiots.

Hold on now. We're supposed to be a democracy. Idiots are clearly in the majority, and innocent people the minority. That gives the idiots the Constitutional right to set the rules. Which of course is how our nation has been run ever since we stole it from the people who were here before us. So I guess all is well.

I'm going to hope and assume this is sarcasm. Thumbsup

But it highlights WHY we don't actually live in a Democracy and why we should never hope to. The tyranny of the majority. If the morons of this country could simply all vote and majority actually did rule, we'd be living in a theocracy with Joel Osteen as our "President for Life"

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
09-09-2015, 08:56 AM
(09-09-2015 07:04 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 10:31 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  Hold on now. We're supposed to be a democracy. Idiots are clearly in the majority, and innocent people the minority. That gives the idiots the Constitutional right to set the rules. Which of course is how our nation has been run ever since we stole it from the people who were here before us. So I guess all is well.

I'm going to hope and assume this is sarcasm. Thumbsup

But it highlights WHY we don't actually live in a Democracy and why we should never hope to. The tyranny of the majority. If the morons of this country could simply all vote and majority actually did rule, we'd be living in a theocracy with Joel Osteen as our "President for Life"

Democracy like Communism only work on small scale -- where everyone knows everyone else.

If we lived in a "true democracy" -- everyone would want to "vote themselves into riches" and the whole thing would fall apart.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
09-09-2015, 03:19 PM
Some guys are very distracted when they see sexy girls in mini skirts on side walk. We need new law - no more girls in mini skirts on side walks.
Sexy guys on motorcycles really distract me when I drive. I need new law - no more sexy guys with their motorcycles on the road.
Oh, I get very distracted when I see bill boards on freeways. We need new law. No more bill boards.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post