Disturbing Statistic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2012, 09:58 AM
RE: Disturbing Statistic
(21-12-2012 09:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(19-12-2012 06:55 PM)ScienceGeek2587 Wrote:  I wonder if there would be a similar number of "disbelievers" if the question were asked:

Do you believe that the frequency of a certain gene's expression changes over time?
That is assuming that they would be able to understand the question. [Image: smileys-whistling-823718.gif]
Yah, you would definetly need to add a column for "I don't understand the question" here in the states.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2012, 10:20 AM
That's the funny thing about beliefs. What's true is true. It doesn't matter the number of people who "believe" in it if it's scientifically provable.
28-12-2012, 11:25 AM
(28-12-2012 09:58 AM)Diablo Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 09:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  That is assuming that they would be able to understand the question. [Image: smileys-whistling-823718.gif]
Yah, you would definetly need to add a column for "I don't understand the question" here in the states.
They'd probably just skip the question entirely.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
31-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Because all the evidence in favour of evolution is a sham, right?

"We are human beings god dammit! Not Apes!"

Tongue Yes we are Human Beings... Which evolved from common ancestors of Apes, as well as other life forms on the planet.
03-01-2013, 02:55 AM
(16-12-2012 06:54 PM)Farlian Wrote:  Today I read a disturbing statistic. This being that only 45% of Americans believe in evolution. What do you think?

That sounds about right. The USA is a very religious country.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
03-01-2013, 02:59 AM
(19-12-2012 08:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-12-2012 07:56 AM)Refuting_Ignorance_Every_Day Wrote:  Yep. Only religion can cause people to favor the belief that the Earth was created 6000 years ago and that a loving God got pissed at two naked people for eating an apple.

No wonder you don't understand; it was a fig. Drinking Beverage
That must be why Jesus felt like cursing a fig tree..

Hey, at least were aren't as bad as Turkey! Amiright!? Clap

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
04-01-2013, 02:54 AM
Of that 45% that believes in evolution, I bet at least half think that evolution was guided by god.
Theistic evolution
06-01-2013, 07:30 PM
The data is troubling in Canada too. Only about 59% nation-wide accept evolution according to a 2008 poll. In Ontario, it is particularly bad - 51%. I blame the consistently PC-voting rural population. Tongue Western Europe is way ahead of us.

Compared to Iceland, it is shameful. But luckily, compared to America (our only neighbour) we look like geniuses.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A facinatingly disturbing thought ddrew 5 543 04-11-2012 01:50 PM
Last Post: Grassy Knoll