Ditching the Cross

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2012, 09:42 AM

Ditching the Cross
After discussing the matter with the entire Veridican congregation (My wife and I), we've decided to ditch the logo we have always used for Veridicanism, which is a Cross with a V in the center and a crown of thorns encircling that center. While it is very representitive of the core of Christ's teachings, it is also a Christians symbol, and we are not Christians. Discussions at Worthy Christian Forums confirmed that.

Before the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ was published, it was possible to shift back and forth: Sometimes Veridicanism was independent of the Church, sometimes it was part of the Church. But since the VGJC is now published, I see there is no longer any going back. I could never back off of that Gospel, and the Christians simply consider it Satanic. So, we are in no way, Christians. Ironically, we are committed to following the life and teachings of Jesus Christ the best we can, but we are considered heretics and satanists by the very Church that venerates Christ. It seems God is not without a sense of humor.

So, the cross is gone. My wife doesn't think Veridicanism needs any symbol at all, and I agree.
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2012, 09:44 AM
RE: Ditching the Cross
LOL'd at 'entire congregation'. I'd rep you for that if you weren't you.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like germanyt's post
29-03-2012, 09:46 AM
You gotta have some kind of symbol, otherwise us atheists won't know who's burning us at the stake Wink

Also I've never understood the whole cross thing anyways. Seems really disrespectful.
If my hero had died by bear trap I wouldn't likely be seen wearing a bear trap necklace let alone one with him wearing a bear trap on his leg in pain.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
29-03-2012, 09:47 AM
(29-03-2012 09:46 AM)lucradis Wrote:  You gotta have some kind of symbol, otherwise us atheists won't know who's burning us at the stake Wink

Also I've never understood the whole cross thing anyways. Seems really disrespectful.
If my hero had died by bear trap I wouldn't likely be seen wearing a bear trap necklace let alone one with him wearing a bear trap on his leg in pain.
Ya know, that is a very good point.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
29-03-2012, 09:49 AM
How about this:

Since the Greek symbol for Christ is an X, your symbol could be a chi (X). Make the top part of the chi (which is a V) a different color (red maybe). Also, behind it you could add whatever other symbol you wanted (crown of thorns, empty tomb, nails, etc).

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
29-03-2012, 09:49 AM
The cross comes from crossroads. It is ancient witchcraft, and a 4.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-03-2012, 10:01 AM
(29-03-2012 09:46 AM)lucradis Wrote:  You gotta have some kind of symbol, otherwise us atheists won't know who's burning us at the stake Wink

I always thought it was because Christ overcame the cross. He died on the cross and the overcame death. Eh, not sure if that's the idea behind it or not.
29-03-2012, 10:08 AM
The unofficial symbol of Gwynnite:

[Image: img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=16229392]

Feel free to steal it. I did. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
29-03-2012, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 10:22 AM by kineo.)
I'm partial to this one:

[Image: Hallows.png]
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
29-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Egor,

I have to ask in what way you are not Christian? I thought the definition of a Christian was someone who believed in salvation through Jesus Christ. Wouldn't that mean you would still be technically classed a type of Christian?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.