Ditching the Cross

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2012, 02:57 AM
RE: Ditching the Cross
Why is everyone encouraging this?
Cross, star, circles in triangles... what does it matter?
Igor Quote: "One really can’t call themselves a Christian if they don’t believe the Holy Bible is the Word of God."
The council of Nicaea 325 CE decided Jesus was a god (though he himself said he was "son of man"). Everyone who disagreed was then branded a heretic even though they continued to trust the bible as the word of god.
We all know the bible was written and assembled by man, added to, abridged and amended over centuries... it is a Holy Mess.
Then followed centuries of "heresy" ... hunting and killing of those who did not follow the official line.
Any new variations are simply creating more heretics and adding to the stupidity of the whole ridiculous nonsense.
Is there nothing more worthwhile to do with your lives?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
01-04-2012, 03:39 AM

(01-04-2012 02:57 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Is there nothing more worthwhile to do with your lives?

Yeah, we can pass on our genes, like you say in your signature. Which means the purpose of life is to screw like animals.

We can experience life just to watch ourselves get old and sick and die, like you say is the meaning of life.

And we can leave all our fading good to generations of people that are also only going to screw like animals and then experience their own demise.

I think it's better to understand the truth about this life and the life to come, and live life accordingly.
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2012, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2012 04:16 AM by DeepThought.)
i found a suitable image for verucundianism

EDIT: Removed inappropriate photo of human faeces. Mark, find a better way to express yourself.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
01-04-2012, 04:03 AM
(01-04-2012 01:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  I'd reconsider Pascal's Wager if I were you.
Here's the Truth.
It is the Truth, because I believe it to be so, that is the way religion goes right?

But I will let you in on the Truth, because I am that kind of guy.

God, does exist and will send people to heaven and to hell.
God gave people intelligence and free will so that they could work out for ourselves what is right and wrong.

She made a wager with Satan (the adversary), that Her human creations were perfect, that they had all they needed to make the right choices.
Satan disagreed, so Satan made a bet with Her, Satan said, your humans are easily decieved, I can get them to willingly give up their free will, to willingly give up their intelligence and to chose wrongly.
God said that Her creation was perfect, that the righteous would always choose right, but with free will the non righteous will easily be lead astray. God said to Satan, go forth and decieve my creation, lead the non righteous away from me, but I know the righteous will not stray. However you cannot provide proof or evidence that what is wrong is right.
Satan said, this is no challenge, Your creation is easily corrupt, I need not proof nor evidence, just assert and they will follow like lambs to the slaughter the flock will be deceived.

And so it was forthwith that Satan drew up the holy scriptures of the Torah, the Bible, the Qu'ran, of all the scriptures of the earth, with no proof, no evidence.

And the unrighteous followed in their droves, they became flocks, they became martyrs, free will was abandoned, intelligence forgotten, wars were fought, people were burned, and the conflicts and oppression flourished.

But the righteous were not swayed, they used their free will, their intelligence, they developed secular societies, inclusive and diverse. God saw this from heaven and it was Good.
[+] 5 users Like Stevil's post
01-04-2012, 04:26 AM
(01-04-2012 02:57 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Why is everyone encouraging this?

Prolly cause there ain't much to discuss about "lack of belief." Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2012, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2012 04:53 AM by DLJ.)
(01-04-2012 03:39 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(01-04-2012 02:57 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Is there nothing more worthwhile to do with your lives?

Yeah, we can pass on our genes, like you say in your signature. Which means the purpose of life is to screw like animals.

We can experience life just to watch ourselves get old and sick and die, like you say is the meaning of life.

And we can leave all our fading good to generations of people that are also only going to screw like animals and then experience their own demise.

I think it's better to understand the truth about this life and the life to come, and live life accordingly.
I that case, we completely agree. I cannot argue with anything I said or you said above.

(01-04-2012 04:03 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(01-04-2012 01:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  I'd reconsider Pascal's Wager if I were you.
Here's the Truth.
It is the Truth, because I believe it to be so, that is the way religion goes right?

But I will let you in on the Truth, because I am that kind of guy.

God, does exist and will send people to heaven and to hell.
God gave people intelligence and free will so that they could work out for ourselves what is right and wrong.

She made a wager with Satan (the adversary), that Her human creations were perfect, that they had all they needed to make the right choices.
Satan disagreed, so Satan made a bet with Her, Satan said, your humans are easily decieved, I can get them to willingly give up their free will, to willingly give up their intelligence and to chose wrongly.
God said that Her creation was perfect, that the righteous would always choose right, but with free will the non righteous will easily be lead astray. God said to Satan, go forth and decieve my creation, lead the non righteous away from me, but I know the righteous will not stray. However you cannot provide proof or evidence that what is wrong is right.
Satan said, this is no challenge, Your creation is easily corrupt, I need not proof nor evidence, just assert and they will follow like lambs to the slaughter the flock will be deceived.

And so it was forthwith that Satan drew up the holy scriptures of the Torah, the Bible, the Qu'ran, of all the scriptures of the earth, with no proof, no evidence.

And the unrighteous followed in their droves, they became flocks, they became martyrs, free will was abandoned, intelligence forgotten, wars were fought, people were burned, and the conflicts and oppression flourished.

But the righteous were not swayed, they used their free will, their intelligence, they developed secular societies, inclusive and diverse. God saw this from heaven and it was Good.
Can I sign up as a follower? I read the Gospel of Stevil and see that it is Good.

We need a symbol for the church of Stevil.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
01-04-2012, 05:53 AM

(01-04-2012 03:57 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  i found a suitable image for verucundianism

Yep, that's exactly what they do at Raving Atheist. And you think you're so educated and civil. In reality, you would fit right in with that crowd. You should check them out.
01-04-2012, 06:34 AM
The real question is, Why do you need a symbol?, religions especially Christianity are so saturated with symbolism that it distracts from the message.
Then you get the so called believers wearing the symbol as a fashion statement.
I mean who are they worshiping the god of their faith or the symbol that represents them.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
01-04-2012, 09:56 AM
(01-04-2012 03:39 AM)Egor Wrote:  

I think it's better to understand these truths and that there is no life to come, and live life accordingly.

Fixed it for you. Big Grin In my case living life accordingly meant developing my own morality and metaphysics instead of having one premasticated and spoon fed to me. It also means I don't try to proselytize my peculiar morality and metaphysics and deprive others of the gratification associated with that activity.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-04-2012, 01:45 PM

(01-04-2012 06:34 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  The real question is, Why do you need a symbol?, religions especially Christianity are so saturated with symbolism that it distracts from the message.
Then you get the so called believers wearing the symbol as a fashion statement.
I mean who are they worshiping the god of their faith or the symbol that represents them.

You make a very good point.

(01-04-2012 09:56 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-04-2012 03:39 AM)Egor Wrote:  Yeah, we can pass on our genes, like you say in your signature. Which means the purpose of life is to screw like animals.

I think it's better to understand these truths and that there is no life to come, and live life accordingly.

Fixed it for you. Big Grin In my case living life accordingly meant developing my own morality and metaphysics instead of having one premasticated and spoon fed to me. It also means I don't try to proselytize my peculiar morality and metaphysics and deprive others of the gratification associated with that activity.

That is so lame. Changing my words is weak and the product of a weak mind. It proves categorically that you are uncomfortable with what I say. It must have rung true with you, so you had to change it in order to be comfortable again.