Divine justice and suffering...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2017, 05:21 PM
RE: Divine justice and suffering...
(02-07-2017 04:55 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  God isn't just. That's already been established.
I disagree (Ps. 65:4).

(02-07-2017 04:55 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  If you take the parable of Noah's Ark seriously, it's abundantly clear: this God character wiped out the entire population of the earth including children in utero.
Nephilim were on the earth (Ge 6:4). [Image: frankenstein2.gif] What are ya gonna do? [Image: idunno.gif] Ge 6:9. You’ll become one yourself soon (Re 14:9-10).
(02-07-2017 04:55 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  …How about the bears killing children because they made fun of Elisha's bald head?
That was funny (2 Ki 2:23–25). [Image: redface.gif] He’s coming back by the way (Re 11). Are you gonna call the next guy baldy to his face? [Image: brows.gif] Don’t do that. [Image: bowser.gif]
(02-07-2017 04:55 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Is that just?
Did they love God or his prophets?
(02-07-2017 04:55 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  God is unjust…
In hell you’ll realize that you’re getting what you deserve--you’ll still hate him [Image: idunno.gif]--but you won’t call him unjust (Deut. 32:4). [Image: juggle.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2017, 05:27 PM
(02-07-2017 05:21 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  In hell you’ll realize that you’re getting what you deserve--you’ll still hate him--but you won’t call him unjust (Deut. 32:4).

Serpentdove, you are such a liar.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
02-07-2017, 05:37 PM
(02-07-2017 05:21 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  In hell you’ll realize that you’re getting what you deserve--you’ll still hate him--but you won’t call him unjust (Deut. 32:4).

That will happen to you in hell - for aggravating people like you do.

For me - there is no hell.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
02-07-2017, 05:55 PM
(02-07-2017 05:21 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 04:55 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  God isn't just. That's already been established.
I disagree (Ps. 65:4).
Sorry, using the bible to establish something from the bible is circular reasoning and, as such, both invalid and irrational. Please try again.

(02-07-2017 04:55 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  If you take the parable of Noah's Ark seriously, it's abundantly clear: this God character wiped out the entire population of the earth including children in utero.
(02-07-2017 05:21 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  Nephilim were on the earth (Ge 6:4). [Image: frankenstein2.gif] What are ya gonna do? [Image: idunno.gif] Ge 6:9. You’ll become one yourself soon (Re 14:9-10).

If he's God, then surely he could have found a way to fulfill his obligation without resorting to infanticide and abortion. If he couldn't, then he's not omnipotent, therefore not God and not worthy of worship.
(02-07-2017 04:55 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  …How about the bears killing children because they made fun of Elisha's bald head?
(02-07-2017 05:21 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  That was funny (2 Ki 2:23–25).
Sorry, I don't see the humour in the slaughter of 42 children.

(02-07-2017 05:21 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  [Image: redface.gif] He’s coming back by the way (Re 11). Are you gonna call the next guy baldy to his face?

No, he's not coming back, and no, I don't make fun of people's appearances. Still, killing children is unjust for childish taunts. I think that you should know that. The fact that you don't puts to rest, once and for all, the whole "religion gives people better morals" thing. Just saying...

(02-07-2017 04:55 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  God is unjust…
(02-07-2017 05:21 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  In hell you’ll realize that you’re getting what you deserve--you’ll still hate him [Image: idunno.gif]--but you won’t call him unjust (Deut. 32:4). [Image: juggle.gif]

First of all, hell doesn't exist. And no, I don't hate God, because God doesn't exist either.
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
02-07-2017, 06:04 PM
(02-07-2017 05:55 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Sorry, I don't see the humour in the slaughter of 42 children.
41 [Image: quoties.gif] children? [Image: sigh.gif]

(02-07-2017 05:55 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  The fact that you don't puts to rest, once and for all, the whole "religion gives people better morals" thing.
All the religious people [Image: your_dead.gif]I know are immoral so can’t help you out (Jud 11). [Image: idunno.gif]
(02-07-2017 05:55 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I don't hate God, because God doesn't exist either.
He doesn’t exist—and you hate him. [Image: freaks.gif]
02-07-2017, 06:26 PM
(02-07-2017 06:04 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 05:55 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Sorry, I don't see the humour in the slaughter of 42 children.
41 children?

42 children you sick fuck

Quote:
(02-07-2017 05:55 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I don't hate God, because God doesn't exist either.
He doesn’t exist—and you hate him.

I find the character to be despicable like I find many other fictional characters despicable. Hate doesn't apply since it's just a storybook.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
02-07-2017, 07:07 PM
(02-07-2017 06:04 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  
41 [Image: quoties.gif] children? [Image: sigh.gif]

(02-07-2017 05:55 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  The fact that you don't puts to rest, once and for all, the whole "religion gives people better morals" thing.
All the religious people [Image: your_dead.gif]I know are immoral so can’t help you out (Jud 11). [Image: idunno.gif]

You continue to have this habit of being wrong.

Now, that's not all bad, once you recognize your error and make the necessary correction.

But in both cases here, you're just plain wrong.

It's 42 children. I suggest that, when trying to defend the bible, you might actually try studying it. *I see that this has already been made clear to you so I won't repeat the effort. Thanks be to unfogged.

As for the "hate God" bit, you're wrong there again too. I do not hate that which does not exist. I'm sorry if that troubles you.

All that aside, I am completely sincere in this: if you wish to make a living, or even have some discussions, as a Christian apologist, I strongly urge you to read the bible, study it well, read corresponding literature and also atheist counters. You'll be a better person for it.
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
02-07-2017, 07:13 PM
(02-07-2017 07:07 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 06:04 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  41 [Image: quoties.gif] children? [Image: sigh.gif]

Now, that's not all bad, once you recognize your error and make the necessary correction.

It's 42 children. I suggest that, when trying to defend the bible, you might actually try studying it. *I see that this has already been made clear to you so I won't repeat the effort. Thanks be to unfogged.

As for the "hate God" bit, you're wrong there again too. I do not hate that which does not exist. I'm sorry if that troubles you.

All that aside, I am completely sincere in this: if you wish to make a living, or even have some discussions, as a Christian apologist, I strongly urge you to read the bible, study it well, read corresponding literature and also atheist counters. You'll be a better person for it.

He probably doesn't wan't to study it because he might lose his fundie beliefs.
02-07-2017, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2017 07:28 PM by Anjele.)
(02-07-2017 07:07 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 06:04 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  41 [Image: quoties.gif] children? [Image: sigh.gif]

From looking at the site for our latest troll...Van Anne is the last name of a family. The man's picture is labeled with 'adulterer' The woman's picture labeled - The generation of the upright shall be blessed (Ps 112:2).

Mom and dad have Bible studies and they have a vast selection of emojis. Lots of pics of smiling kids and mom and adulterer.

So, there's a story there...my guess is that either Mr. Adulterer is doing some sort of penance by posting here or Mrs. is trying to warn other potential adulterers not to follow suit...with the pole dancing emoji and beer drinking emoji...it's either the voice of experience or it's a woman scorned, maybe both.

Holy shit...he left the uptight wife of 24 years for his secretary.

So, of course, we have to deal with this crap.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
02-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Wow, Anj. This is one of the creepiest things I've seen in a while. Please tell me there are no kids. Or that the poor things have already escaped the looney-bin not too badly scarred. Poor kids, imagine being born into this. No one deserves this.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post